You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Squeaky_Sneakers

Struggling to find a reason to play anymore.

15 comments in this topic

[O_B_G]
Members
18 posts
10,980 battles

I want new things to do.  Not some goofy event playing the same stuff over and over to collect some tokens or build a ship that I can never quite complete.  Nobody asked for the skill rework and boom we get one, but I know for years now people have been asking for new scenarios and new battle modes.  Get on the ball and make it happen because right now I have trouble even caring enough to try and play.  I've been catching myself just setting a course at the beginning of a game and just sailing to immediate death.  

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,798 posts
5,980 battles
8 minutes ago, Squeaky_Sneakers said:

I've been catching myself just setting a course at the beginning of a game and just sailing to immediate death.  

Can you not? There is no reason you need to ruin the game for others by doing such. Take a break, play something else, go fishing, play some golf, get lai.. You get the point.

Edited by Capt_JollyRoger
cant speeel golf
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[O_B_G]
Members
18 posts
10,980 battles

You're right.  Just bugs me as I've been playing this game forever and it's kind of a hobby for me.  The game has become more broken with this rework.  I still see the same maps and scenarios 5 years later.  Come on Wargaming.  Give us some new content.  Not contests, not events, not new ships, actual new maps and scenarios.  Change things up.  

• Cool 2

[ROCKR]
Members
358 posts
14,699 battles

Beyond loyal fan since 2015. CV thing is/was borderline. Take away DD dynamics, what used to be fun for cruisers, encouraging a clump of full health BB's at A1. For me, it's just not fun anymore. Might have to splurge at the STEAM shop.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,798 posts
5,980 battles
2 minutes ago, Squeaky_Sneakers said:

You're right.  Just bugs me as I've been playing this game forever and it's kind of a hobby for me.  The game has become more broken with this rework.  I still see the same maps and scenarios 5 years later.  Come on Wargaming.  Give us some new content.  Not contests, not events, not new ships, actual new maps and scenarios.  Change things up.  

I agree 100%

It's why my battle count is so low recently. I find myself doing other things more and more instead of playing ships.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,133 posts
13,053 battles
20 minutes ago, Squeaky_Sneakers said:

I want new things to do.  Not some goofy event playing the same stuff over and over to collect some tokens or build a ship that I can never quite complete.  Nobody asked for the skill rework and boom we get one, but I know for years now people have been asking for new scenarios and new battle modes.  Get on the ball and make it happen because right now I have trouble even caring enough to try and play.  I've been catching myself just setting a course at the beginning of a game and just sailing to immediate death.  

I hear ya. We ask for new maps, we get 1 a year? They give us this more and more complicated and absurd Halloween events that have no bearing on your actual in game ships instead. How hard would it be to make some type of random generator for the maps? They're already very nearly symmetrical.

And this skill rebork is a mess. The fact that they admitted they were just going to basically release it as a test on us is frankly insulting. 

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
Members
104 posts
7,691 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

I agree 100%

It's why my battle count is so low recently. I find myself doing other things more and more instead of playing ships.

^^ Yup.  Been reloading ammo and shooting at the range in my free time... I really don't want to have to go through and figure what new specs will work on which ship. 140 plus ships. You just finish off that puzzle and they come into your house and toss it in the air... but then its a different puzzle you have  to put back together if you want things in order as they were. I will be resetting skills before next update and working one ship at a time slowly. 

[HINON]
Members
8,641 posts
12,572 battles
18 minutes ago, TheArc said:

The fact that they admitted they were just going to basically release it as a test on us is frankly insulting. 

well WG is no stranger to insulting its players, see "PR Dockyard"

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

Well....the update was an unmitigated disaster, but there are a few funs things to do, like take advantage of how broken deadeye has made a lot of BBs, or trying out some of the meme lighthouse cruiser builds.  It's not easy to use, but a Hindenburg with more DPM than a Des Moines is absolutely hilarious, especially when fighting large cruisers that can't take fire prevention skills.   

[SALVO]
Members
6,686 posts
5,279 battles
1 hour ago, Squeaky_Sneakers said:

I want new things to do.  (...) I know for years now people have been asking for new scenarios and new battle modes.  Get on the ball and make it happen 

AMEN brother , amen

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,391 battles
1 hour ago, Squeaky_Sneakers said:

Like I've said. It's no longer a game, it's just a time waster. I no longer care if I win or lose. In fact I expect to lose so it's more a matter of having some extra time while waiting for something better to do. Shoot some guns, expect your team BBs to sit at the back of the map while your DDs all hide and refuse to spot or cap.  

WG is going after the younger crowd hoping they could convince their parents to pay for extra premium ships and doubloons.  They assume that with Covid, most parents will do so because there's nowhere to go. It's no longer a game of skill and strategy. it hasn't been one for almost two years. It's now WOT 2.0. Those who left WOTs years ago know what I'm talking about. 

[O_B_G]
Members
18 posts
10,980 battles

Yep I'm a WOT refugee myself.  I remember how bad it got before I left.  I'm just going to take leave of this game for a bit.  I'll find something else to play for awhile then check back.