You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Can anyone remember people asking for a captain skill rework?

52 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

Thinking back at least over this year i don't recall a clamor of posts or any posts actually asking for a captain skill rework. Does anyone remember that many posts about reworking captain skills as compared to the mass of negative posts about Cv's and people asking to nerf them?

Where was this massive outcry like the CV outcry that I missed?

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
34 posts
8,340 battles

No what they need to do is fix fire and fire spam. I’ve spent entire games on fire. I haven’t noticed any difference with the -10% skill either. 

[VOP]
Members
935 posts

I don't remember having a single thought about a captain rework or considering a captain rework let alone asking or clamoring for one.

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

I did a search of the topic on this  forum and the first 32 pages about it were posts that happened since last Thursday. Nothing later than Thursday showed.

So I am at a loss, maybe one of the board mods could point me in the right direction and show me where the posts asking for the rework are.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?q=captain skill rework

Edited by Chain_shot

[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,795 posts
5,973 battles
3 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I did a search of the topic on this  forum and the first 32 pages about it were posts that happened since last Thursday. Nothing later than Thursday showed.

So I am at a loss, maybe one of the board mods could point me in the right direction and show me where the posts asking for the rework are.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?q=captain skill rework

use the word commander instead mate. Over 2000 posts.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,642 posts
25,736 battles

Does it even matter though? Games do this to change up the meta or add new features. Plus it's a game in development, it's going to change. I'm not being pro or anti rework here, I'm just saying its here whether anyone loves or hates it.

[--K--]
1,795 posts
5,973 battles
18 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Thinking back at least over this year i don't recall a clamor of posts or any posts actually asking for a captain skill rework. Does anyone remember that many posts about reworking captain skills as compared to the mass of negative posts about Cv's and people asking to nerf them?

Where was this massive outcry like the CV outcry that I missed?

I found several in the few minutes i searched the forums. Have a look there were some very interesting points made though you might have to dig through about 76k posts.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,712 posts

i've said it before...

the skill system in wows is too simplified... last time was a year ago

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
7 minutes ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

use the word commander instead mate. Over 2000 posts.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?&q=commander&page=32&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

I just did and the first 32 pages are similar to the search i did. Most posts were no older than last Wed/Thursday and any ones older I saw were questions about how it was going to work. No one was a request to rework the skill tree.

I guess this must have been the silent majority demanding it.

Edited by Chain_shot

[WOLFG]
Members
11,544 posts
10,689 battles
Just now, SKurj said:

i've said it before...

the skill system in wows is too simplified... last time was a year ago

We've found the culprit.

• Funny 4

[--K--]
1,795 posts
5,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?&q=commander&page=32&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

I just did and the first 32 pages are similar to the search i did. Most posts were no older than last Wed/Thursday and any ones older I saw were question about how it was going to work. No one was a request to rework the skill tree.

the first 32 pages are from this week you need to go back a little bit farther.. There are over 2000 pages. You can't say that 32 pages is most of 2000+. Go start at page 130 or so.

Members
472 posts
2,840 battles

Players: Hey, playing the same maps over and over is a real grind.

WG: Add more grind. Got it.

Players: No, no! Look. Let's engage your interests here. We would probably sink more money into this game if there was more variety! Make sense?

WG: More money sinks. Check.

Players: ...

WG: *squints*  We made BBs more accurate at range.

Players: Why would you ... Wow.

WG: Here, buy some old loot boxes.

Players: DO THE BOXES HAVE MAPS?!?!?!!"

WG: Maybe? We don't really understand how they work.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
Just now, Capt_JollyRoger said:

the first 32 pages are from this week you need to go back a little bit farther.. There are over 2000 pages. You can say that 32 pages is most of 2000+. Go start at page 130 or so.

I think you are tossing me a red herring.

I actually narrowed it to posts that said we need a commander rework and guess what nothing.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?&q=need commander rework&page=6&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

[WOLFG]
Members
11,544 posts
10,689 battles
1 minute ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Players: DO THE BOXES HAVE MAPS?!?!?!!"

Think about how many boxes they could sell if they had new maps in them.

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles

I mentioned this in a different thread... The roots of this change where located in

• Pigeon's corner thread
  • Along with other threads now achived or deleted because of moderation

Now, the forum is not the only way this suggestion was brought up to the DEvs attention...

Every WOWS podcast predating patch 0.8.0, had some one asking about changing cpt skill or increasing skills...

"Be careful what you ask or demand to augment in the game, you may not like the final product."

Edited by Navalpride33

[--K--]
1,795 posts
5,973 battles
3 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

I think you are tossing me a red herring.

I actually narrowed it to posts that said we need a commander rework and guess what nothing.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/search/?&q=need commander rework&page=6&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

I found several. Dont know what to tell you.

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
1 minute ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

I found several. Dont know what to tell you.

Links

[CK5]
Members
1,517 posts
16,221 battles

So an unknown number of "influencers" demanded major changes to game mechanics and WG said OK.  :cap_old: 

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
2 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

So an unknown number of "influencers" demanded major changes to game mechanics and WG said OK.  :cap_old: 

Personally I would have thought we would have seen the flurry of posts on par with the anti cv posts hear  as proof a huge amount of people wanted the rework.

I did not know WG listens to the silent majority so much.

[CAAT]
Members
912 posts
4,543 battles
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I mean, you'd think the number of times I yelled on the forums about buffing California's reload time to 30s, which is a minor change, Wargaming would do it then, but noooooo!!! So I highly doubt "influencers" are at work regarding these major changes, and it's just Wargaming making their mind-bogglingly POOR decisions for the game, as per usual...

But now I'm yelling for Wargaming to fix secondaries over California's reload time....ooof.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,479 posts
25,624 battles
33 minutes ago, remington79 said:

No what they need to do is fix fire and fire spam. I’ve spent entire games on fire. I haven’t noticed any difference with the -10% skill either. 

The funny thing about this train of thought is that AP is King, and the ships that deal that damage primarily, Battleships, are typically the Damage Average Leaders up and down the tiers.

What is all the rage right now?

DEAD EYE BATTLESHIPS

[--K--]
1,795 posts
5,973 battles

It's maybe posts like this that they listened to..... In it they mention class specific commanders. There are many many more posts like this and similar but I wont be pouring through over 76k pages to provide links. Dont have the time in my day to do work for others.

Taken from page

That would be rather interesting imo.

Have class specific commanders with strong tech tree skills, and generalist commanders that can be used on any ship. Only problem and a major one is that it could ruin the whole premium ship commander trainer idea if you want to use a class specific commander.

[-WD-]
Members
493 posts
9,322 battles

Make no mistake...behind the scenes, WG feels this change will benefit them monetarily.  This is not for us, they just have to find a way to feed it to us.

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
6 minutes ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

It's maybe posts like this that they listened to..... In it they mention class specific commanders. There are many many more posts like this and similar but I wont be pouring through over 76k pages to provide links. Dont have the time in my day to do work for others.

Taken from page

That would be rather interesting imo.

Have class specific commanders with strong tech tree skills, and generalist commanders that can be used on any ship. Only problem and a major one is that it could ruin the whole premium ship commander trainer idea if you want to use a class specific commander.

So you found no posts that specifically asked for commander skill rework? I mean we have specific posts about nerfing CV's but I find it interesting they (WG) synthesized a rework based on posts that may be alluding to it.

If that's the only post then your point is taking on water as they say.

Edited by Chain_shot