You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
arch4random

DEAD EYE SKILL NEEDS A BUFF

31 comments in this topic

Members
802 posts

when firing at an enemy ship and that ship disappears  seems like the shells lose track of where they are going ..shouldnt they still be on track ??

i know ships disappear because DDs and  CLs cant seem to keep anything spotted since most sail away far from the action as soon as a cap begins  to turn red...this allows the enemy to push through and the spotting is gone ..this causes BBs to have to move back to get out of the way of all those 20km torps being flung at us 

the skill needs a locked on target for the shells to keep on track...also the "deactivated" distance should be removed entirely ....and the skill should become deadlier the closer enemy ships get...but it doesnt do that it becomes worse ..seems like my ability to delete DDs inside my secondary range with the main guns has been reduced greatly..so i do believe something happened or is happening that shouldnt be when this skill is >deactivated< intentionally or not...

i know im all about BBs... and the DDs & CLs need a buff to so may i suggest a balls skill just for them ....not all of them are in need of that skill mind you..but alot would benefit from such a skill....like zone coverage where they spawn where they should and stay in that zone without the ability to sail away...

more on all this later its game time    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 15

[DIEBL]
Members
658 posts
8,630 battles

Why not just force auto-pilot on DD’s until they break the half-way point between spawns and if they cross back, they lose engine power as if they were border humping.

Edited by PhosphorusForFun
/s
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

Members
708 posts
5 minutes ago, arch4random said:

when firing at an enemy ship and that ship disappears  seems like the shells lose track of where they are going ..shouldnt they still be on track ??

i know ships disappear because DDs and  CLs cant seem to keep anything spotted since most sail away far from the action as soon as a cap begins  to turn red...this allows the enemy to push through and the spotting is gone ..this causes BBs to have to move back to get out of the way of all those 20km torps being flung at us 

the skill needs a locked on target for the shells to keep on track...also the "deactivated" distance should be removed entirely ....and the skill should become deadlier the closer enemy ships get...but it doesnt do that it becomes worse ..seems like my ability to delete DDs inside my secondary range with the main guns has been reduced greatly..so i do believe something happened or is happening that shouldnt be when this skill is >deactivated< intentionally or not...

i know im all about BBs... and the DDs & CLs need a buff to so may i suggest a balls skill just for them ....not all of them are in need of that skill mind you..but alot would benefit from such a skill....like zone coverage where they spawn where they should and stay in that zone without the ability to sail away...

Basically you want an anti ship missile like a Harpoon, Exocet, or RIM then.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,795 posts
5,973 battles

As long as you clicked to fire before the ship dropped from view then you are good as the shells will follow the targeted path. It is when you fire just after the ship goes undetected that your shells may fly wonky. (In which case use the last known position marker on minimap to help aim keeping in mind you have like a split second to do so)

• Cool 1

[X-PN]
Members
1,494 posts
11,898 battles

If a troll post.... +1 for intelligent sarcasm.

If not ....  well... I guess if you are bad enough....you might need you OP skills supercharged a bit more to make you....um....not so bad.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,728 posts
12,318 battles

Shot dispersion is determined when you fire, not while the rounds are in flight.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
1 hour ago, ItsSubmersible said:

I think he wants something more like a Sunburn.  A Harpoon would be too slow for his tastes I think.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LANCE]
Members
859 posts
6,464 battles

Isn’t the Asashio the only DD with 20km torps? I know I use the 12.5KM torps on my Shima as anything over that is kinda just a real lucky strike as the torps have a high detectability range. Halland’s top out at 15km, my Gearings top out 13.5km (or used to) as I had the extra speed skill but haven’t set it up again yet but Gearing torps suffer from the old 3-4 torp gap where you can pilot a BB sideways through the gap after about 7-8 km. Smaland tops out at 12.5km, Daring at 10.5km (iirc) same as Z-52. Can’t remember my Harugamo and most French/RU torps are lower than any of those.

Just sayin ...

Edited by Bravo4zero

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
2 hours ago, ItsSubmersible said:

No; but it would certainly be nice if main battery elevation mechanisims didn't suddenly suffer a casualty and drop down, such as when a ship goes behind an island.

Sure it would be blind firing levels of dispersion, but is it unreasonable to expect the guns to retain their effective elevation, even if they no longer have a locked point of aim?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Members
802 posts
22 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Shot dispersion is determined when you fire, not while the rounds are in flight.

and thats the thing ...i shoot  1 turret  ...it hits..  fire the 2nd turret a ship disappears ....2nd doesnt hit even when i know for sure the shot was on target ..and seems to have something to do with the ship disappearing ...

its not the dispersion its the accuracy ...the shells tracking to the ship

1 hour ago, Capt_JollyRoger said:

As long as you clicked to fire before the ship dropped from view then you are good as the shells will follow the targeted path. It is when you fire just after the ship goes undetected that your shells may fly wonky. (In which case use the last known position marker on minimap to help aim keeping in mind you have like a split second to do so)

yes ....thats what i am trying to say ..but im finding its not always the case...when i let them fly they should stay on target,,,i guess its possible somebody moved a little when they vanished ...but if you guys are saying it seems to be fine maybe im not as parallel to the enemy ship as i think i am at that specific time ...and thats the time when i think it should be hitting.. and its not when im parallel ...the other angles i shoot from im not to concerned about ..i can feel when my ship is tracking another ship and it feels like a drag on my ship and sometimes there seems to be a lunge forward by my ship if i lose tracking ...i will play more it could be a desync bug not a big bug.. ...i will make notes for future reference...also im only talking about tierX bb repub...havent played my other bbs yet ..

game on 

Members
802 posts
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No; but it would certainly be nice if main battery elevation mechanisims didn't suddenly suffer a casualty and drop down, such as when a ship goes behind an island.

Sure it would be blind firing levels of dispersion, but is it unreasonable to expect the guns to retain their effective elevation, even if they no longer have a locked point of aim?

excellent point^^^^^^ i never thought of that ..thx...

6,728 posts
12,318 battles
8 minutes ago, arch4random said:

and thats the thing ...i shoot  1 turret  ...it hits..  fire the 2nd turret a ship disappears ....2nd doesnt hit even when i know for sure the shot was on target ..and seems to have something to do with the ship disappearing ...

yes ....thats what i am trying to say ..but im finding its not always the case...when i let them fly they should stay on target,,,i guess its possible somebody moved a little when they vanished ...but if you guys are saying it seems to be fine maybe im not as parallel to the enemy ship as i think i am at that specific time ...and thats the time when i think it should be hitting.. and its not when im parallel ...the other angles i shoot from im not to concerned about ..i can feel when my ship is tracking another ship and it feels like a drag on my ship and sometimes there seems to be a lunge forward by my ship if i lose tracking ...i will play more it could be a desync bug not a big bug.. ...i will make notes for future reference...also im only talking about tierX bb repub...havent played my other bbs yet ..

game on 

The shells do not track the ship. They track to a point where you fired in reference to a ship. A ship can still dodge to evade the rounds given the 10 second or higher travel time.

That's why it's possible to citadel ships without ever seeing them. The dispersion calculation is made immediately upon firing, and if a ship is in the way of one of those rounds, it's hit regardless of whether it's visible or not.

• Cool 1

Members
802 posts
3 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

The shells do not track the ship. They track to a point where you fired in reference to a ship. A ship can still dodge to evade the rounds given the 10 second or higher travel time.

That's why it's possible to citadel ships without ever seeing them. The dispersion calculation is made immediately upon firing, and if a ship is in the way of one of those rounds, it's hit regardless of whether it's visible or not

7 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

^^^^^^ to^^^^^^^^^^^^ meaning flight path

[A-I-M]
Members
3,856 posts
24,395 battles

If not troll, seriously cringeworthy. 

6,728 posts
12,318 battles
5 minutes ago, arch4random said:

^^^^^^ to^^^^^^^^^^^^ meaning flight path

The flight path of the rounds do not change mid-flight. Once you fire, their expected impact point is finalized. The rounds still have to travel there. If they hit a ship before then, then they damage the ship. If they don't, they hit their predetermined impact point.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
791 posts
3 hours ago, arch4random said:

gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[UNC]
Members
887 posts
6,240 battles
32 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

How about when your spotter plane runs out while shells are in the air and they magically fall 5km short of where you aimed. 

[B-I-G]
Members
25 posts
8,576 battles

Probably just a new player

At least he is asking questions, not just silently keeping 43% WR forever... 

@arch4random Just go to this YouTube channel and watch every video with the title "How to Get Good at World of Warships", starting with episode 1 below. His videos should cover all the basics that you need to know.

Edited by Russian_BaLanSe

Members
802 posts

i could save myself alot of time and just go down to T3 and bump that up to 90% real quick if you like....i also think the videos might be out dated with this rework

• Funny 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,206 posts
14,025 battles

I originally thought this was a troll post but then I noticed OP had hidden stats, so it's probably not.

NA Forums never cease to amaze me.

748672459187945624.png?v=1

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,518 posts
4 hours ago, arch4random said:

Only thing the skill needs to be told if its working

[KENT]
Members
397 posts
6,649 battles

This is very much likely to be a troll post, but I'll do my best to help you out anyways.

Your accuracy blind firing, especially when you fire as soon as the ship goes dark, can be pretty wonky. Keep in mind that your crosshairs move as fast as your target is going automatically. Conversely, when you blind fire, you have to estimate where the ship will be later on, and you don't get the standard lock on dispersion buff. You can still blind fire effectively if you know where to aim, just don't expect much.

know ships disappear because DDs and  CLs cant seem to keep anything spotted since most sail away far from the action as soon as a cap begins  to turn red...this allows the enemy to push through and the spotting is gone ..this causes BBs to have to move back to get out of the way of all those 20km torps being flung at us

To be fair to other classes, they may have very valid reasons for turning tail. Maybe their pushing into a crossfire or and enemy push is coming their way. Maybe the destroyer has been radared and has to get out of there. I will say though, there has been a lot more passive play this week, especially with battleships. Part of that may be due to the deadeye skill and part of it just might be patch weekend attracting less than average players. There's no way to tell if this is the meta with a single week of play.

Also, the only ships equipped with 20km torpedoes are the asashio, yoshino, and shimakaze. Of those three, the only effective torpedoes are the asashio ones since they go so fast and have incredibly low detection. The type 93s on shima and yoshino are laughably easy to spot and dodge unless you're sitting broadside and relatively motionless to them. Either way, most ships don't have 20km torps on this game. 

Technically, battleships are more accurate the closer they get. The issue with this skill in my mind, is that it promotes too much passive play, and rewards people who are afraid to take damage. Granted, I really don't like battleships who suicide in at the very beginning, but it's always been a happy medium of not getting too close, but not being too far. Battleships are Very position oriented. Be well aware of the situation and the minimap. If a push is forming, start to back up and/or do a 180 if it doesn't expose your broadside. If the enemy has been routed on a flank or your teammates are pushing through it, spearhead that push and soak up the fire. Remember that positioning is everything.

I really have no idea what your talking about here, but it's sounds like you want cruisers to have a skill that anchors them to a position? Honestly, that sounds pretty bad since like I said before, positioning is everything. Cruisers main ability to effectively react to a position is their mobility and concealment compared to battleships. Because of this, they are much less vulnerable to positioning errors than battleships, but still have problems with pushes. With this idea, you would be removing their one ability to flee from a push, and thus, they would fall apart very quick if even some semblance of a push happened on their flank. Again, this part was very rambly and I just couldn't understand what you were trying to convey.

Hope all this helps you out.