You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Triela50

Signs of things to come?

10 comments in this topic

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,289 posts

I was just in a tier 10 match on coop with 4 Thunders. I hope this is not the new norm

[WOLFG]
Members
11,589 posts
10,709 battles
Just now, Triela50 said:

I was just in a tier 10 match on coop with 4 Thunders. I hope this is not the new norm

Will be for a while till the Thunderer "removed new ship smell" wears off.

Plus, there are people probably checking out Deadeye in coop too.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,660 posts
25,793 battles
4 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Every since they announced its removal its packed randoms team line ups as well. Had a game with each side having 5 BBs and 2 on my team and 3 on the enemy team.

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,665 battles
19 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

which is the worst mode to test it in as you get detected so fast

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
939 posts
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yup, saw a rando Scharn hiding in the back behind islands in Haven, lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,589 posts
10,709 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

which is the worst mode to test it in as you get detected so fast

Oh, I agree.  But even there, we see long range fire as a thing.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,641 posts
27,740 battles
59 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Yup, saw a rando Scharn hiding in the back behind islands in Haven, lol.

Scharn, and other KM BBs are better served by going Long-Range Secondary, and CQC.  French and RN ships could benefit from DE in co-op, but since the bots will charge forward en masse the benefit is going to be short-lived.  The only time that you would see a real benefit is in protracted games.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,565 posts
25,658 battles

Thunderer is not a new ship.  It released in September 2019 and had steadily grown in popularity to become one of the most played Premium Ships ever, more than even a lot of Tech Tree Ships.  There had long been a lot of Thunderer owners even before WG announced the ship was getting yanked.

You're also seeing people try to experiment builds.  So the stuff we're seeing is a bit temporary and will be in flux for a while.

Popularity in Co-op?  It's a solid Battleship after all.  Hell, if I can brawl with Champagne & Slava in Co-op in safety, you can do crazy things with Thunderer also.  But IMO, the Mega Secondaries BBs:  Mass / Ohio / Georgia and German BBs, are still the ideal Battleships for Co-op.  This mode is still 95% brawling.  For me so far in the new system, GK is far superior to the reality of Co-op = Brawls.  Thunderer is fantastic, a totally awesome BB, but this mode is about brawling and other ships are better at it.  You can even show full broadside in GK and be pretty well off after eating a bunch of shells, which would get you deleted in Conqueror and Thunderer.

6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Scharn, and other KM BBs are better served by going Long-Range Secondary, and CQC.  French and RN ships could benefit from DE in co-op, but since the bots will charge forward en masse the benefit is going to be short-lived.  The only time that you would see a real benefit is in protracted games.

Scharnhorst & Gneisenau in Tier VII get to around 9km with secondaries.  Slap on AR & CQC and you're going to have a ball with them.  Gneisenau has the fancy 128mm DP guns that Odin, Agir / Siegfried, and GK have, and they have really high Pen, so the secondary shells she lands will do a better job in damaging targets.

Just watch:  Co-op will see a resurgence on those two BBs real soon when people figure out how good the German BBs are in this mode, compared to the others.

I run IFHE Secondaries for my German BBs now, if possible, particularly the ones that see High Tier targets.  I like my 40mm Pen 128mm secondaries.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,989 posts
16,997 battles
8 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

FOMO marketing wins again. 

If you like battleships and want a really good one, the fear is real. Thunderer's not one of those ships you want to let slip through your fingers if you can possibly help it.

The other thing that's got the MM crowded with it, of course, is that once people have it, they want to get the snowflake dusted off ASAP. Plus the vast majority of us aren't good enough to take a ship into Randoms fresh out of port and do well with it, and I wouldn't blame people for trying various module fits too, while they're free to demount.