Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

Alaska

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

88
[HAI]
Members
206 posts

how does she perform under new commander skills? I haven't got time to test....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[SALTY]
Beta Testers
675 posts
7,869 battles
Just now, Qilang said:

how does she perform under new commander skills? I haven't got time to test....

She burns a lot more and longer than before.

She is a good, large target for Deadeye BBs.

She's got some armor, which means she doesn't just explode like most other cruisers.

She does more damage now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
652
[UN1]
Members
1,324 posts
4,159 battles
20 minutes ago, Qilang said:

how does she perform under new commander skills? I haven't got time to test....

So far, I haven't had a problem with her.  Supercruisers in general aren't as tanky as before, but in trade, they do more damage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[WKY09]
Members
31 posts
1 minute ago, Ranari said:

So far, I haven't had a problem with her.  Supercruisers in general aren't as tanky as before, but in trade, they do more damage.  

Me either.  Played correctly I'm still happy with her.  She's great fun and the patch feels mostly neutral with regard to Alaska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,573
[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
11 minutes ago, Ranari said:

So far, I haven't had a problem with her.  Supercruisers in general aren't as tanky as before, but in trade, they do more damage.  

How so more damage?

Haven’t played it since the skill rework, but can’t say I liked it very much in any case.

’More damage’ wouldn’t really mean much to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
29 posts
5,228 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

How so more damage?

Haven’t played it since the skill rework, but can’t say I liked it very much in any case.

’More damage’ wouldn’t really mean much to me.

They’re probably talking about the Heavy AP Shell skill that adds 5% damage to AP shells. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,030 battles
24 minutes ago, nomaar said:

They’re probably talking about the Heavy AP Shell skill that adds 5% damage to AP shells. 

Also the "top grade gunner" 10% reload boost for cruisers. Actually there are a lot of skills for cruisers are better offense boosts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[SALVO]
Members
6,633 posts
5,231 battles

Im new to Alaska so I don't know how she was before. 

Bow tanked and kitted Yamato shells to good effect. Lost half HP on perma fires, she burns brightly. So, AP ... Bring it on. HE... That's scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,030 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Im new to Alaska so I don't know how she was before. Bow tanked and kitted Yamato shells to good effect. Lost half HP on perma fires, she burns brightly. So, AP ... Bring it on. HE... That's scary.

She's extremely hard to citadel, but a good Yammy player can beat her up soundly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[SALVO]
Members
6,633 posts
5,231 battles
4 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

She's extremely hard to citadel, but a good Yammy player can beat her up soundly.

Aye, I've no doubt about that. But I was surprised at how resilient she is, with other cruisers Yamato shells are a cit guaranteed if they land on you. This thing just shrugged it off, never got a cit in like 10-12 salvos.

Edited by ArIskandir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[FORM]
Members
297 posts
2,030 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

Aye, I've no doubt about that. But I was surprised at how resilient she is, with other cruisers Yamato shells are a cit guaranteed if they land on you. This thing just shrugged it off, never got a cit in like 10-12 salvos.

Her citadel is submerged, so it is extremely rare that you can hit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,096
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,779 posts

i got laughed at by one yesterday... think i was in KGV...  under 10kms, he could cit me, i could start a fire...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,573
[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

i got laughed at by one yesterday... think i was in KGV...  under 10kms, he could cit me, i could start a fire...

Yay game balanz.

Drach rates it as one of the best protected battleships by percentage of displacement weight and layout of the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×