You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Wait ... Wut?

52 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Flambass just got a look at what it cost to exchange a 21 point captain for full XP recovery ... :Smile_unsure::Smile_veryhappy:

flambaexchange.jpg.384c99f82fe69e938c26070ccf61b8a6.jpg

That's $105+ USD ... :Smile_facepalm:

flamba2.thumb.jpg.a331856b712da3b2b235f7a4299aca9b.jpg

[NSEW]
Members
2,234 posts
11,796 battles

So even trash is sold for profit.

Will we get charged for uninstalling also?

Edited by LowSpeed_US
  • Haha 3

[ANIME]
Beta Testers
134 posts
4,557 battles

By adding 2 skill points they increased the total xp required to max a captain by 70%. The last 2 skill points are 41% of all xp required for a maxed captain. The cost of the last 2 skill points is more than going from 1 to 17. The cost of retraining and dismissing reflect this. This whole skill rework is nothing more the a money grab.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[KWF]
Members
5,588 posts
6,903 battles

And here I thought ARP Yamato for 33k+ doubs was a bad life choice.

You can also pay about the price of a tier VIII tech tree ship to lose almost 2.2 million Commander XP with the credit choice :fish_boom:.

Edited by warheart1992

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,239 posts
12,097 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

And here I thought ARP Yamato for 33k+ doubs was a bad life choice.

You can also pay about the price of a tier VIII tech tree ship to lose almost 2.2 million Commander XP with the credit choice :fish_boom:.

I got the ARP Yamato as gift from kids wish they had got the one that came with legendary module which is the one I think cost a lot and came with another ship . I still have never played it .

Beta Testers
3,287 posts
26,944 battles

This game is becoming way too expensive to continue playing , time to evaluate if its worth sticking around anymore ?????????     CASH  CRAB the costumers in short F---------k them.....................   

• Cool 4

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,781 posts
3 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

This game is becoming way too expensive to continue playing , time to evaluate if its worth sticking around anymore ?????????     CASH  CRAB the costumers in short F---------k them.....................   

why? this update cost me nothing...   i buy the odd ship, and pay for premium and that's about it

• Meh 1

Beta Testers
3,287 posts
26,944 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

why? this update cost me nothing...   i buy the odd ship, and pay for premium and that's about it

If you think this game cost you noting ?  Then you're blind as a bat...............................

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,781 posts
9 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

If you think this game cost you noting ?  Then you're blind as a bat...............................

really what did this update cost me?  i recently bought a month's prem which came with 9k dubs...  i can show you my receipts if you like

• Meh 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,849 battles
10 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

If you play the game without spending money, then it cost you nothing in terms of money.

If you enjoy playing the game, then it doesn't "cost" time to play.

Not seeing your point.

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
675 posts
7,881 battles
1 minute ago, SirPent13 said:

If you enjoy playing the game, then it doesn't "cost" time to play.

Not seeing your point.

Indeed.

You fail to understand even the basics of opportunity cost, so it would make sense you wouldn't see the point.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

I mean, Flambass's post smells to me of scare tactics.  Why would one even trade out a 21 point captain that way? 

I think the whole thing is a troll on Flambass's part.  Flambass makes money by stirring the crap till the smell fills the room.  

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Boring 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,849 battles
2 hours ago, Kartaugh said:

Indeed.

You fail to understand even the basics of opportunity cost, so it would make sense you wouldn't see the point.

I understand opportunity cost, ofc there is a cost to playing the game. But if said cost means very little to you, then it really doesn't matter. If I really enjoy playing WoWs, not being able to do other things like watch a movie or something means very little to me because I am doing something that I really enjoy. Hence no "cost".

Edited by SirPent13
  • Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
675 posts
7,881 battles
1 minute ago, SirPent13 said:

I understand opportunity cost, ofc there is a cost to playing the game. But if said cost means very little to you, then it really doesn't matter. If I really enjoy playing WoWs, not being able to do other thing slike watch a movie or something means very little to me because I am doing something that I really enjoy. Hence no "cost".

That is almost textbook misunderstanding of opportunity cost.

You actually think "feelings" and "meaning" have anything to do with it.

It's not a lifestyle thing, it's about economics.

[HELLS]
Members
2,789 posts
30,102 battles

WG was up front about this before the patch. You don't have to spend anything. I have 625 million credits and could free up enough ECXP from dismissing my reserve captains to get about half of my 19-points captains (I now have 19 of them)to 21 points without dismissing a single 19-pointer and still have 500 million credits left over. Grinding those credits took me a long time and I hung on the most of my credits to afford equipping my T10 s, which cost a fortune in credits to buy and fit out, not counting the doubloon costs for the permacammos, which are another WG ripoff at higher tiers. You don't have to spend doubloons on this. It is, as stated, a WG money grab that gives a ''bonus'' for spending doubloons.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,002 posts
17,027 battles
56 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Flambass just got a look at what it cost to exchange a 21 point captain for full XP recovery.

The stupidest and most meaningless act in the game, IMHO, and if you do it you deserve to be robbed of 26K dubs.

Still, it's nice to know what it would cost if you did it.

50 minutes ago, TinStarShark said:

This whole skill rework is nothing more the a money grab.

It's a money grab for the impatient, and they get what they deserve. But ultimately it's their money, their decision to make as to whether it's worth it, and their regret to suffer if they turn out to be wrong.

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,849 battles
19 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

How is playing WoWs NOT a lifestyle thing? 

Playing WoWs isn't some important business decision where all factors need to be examined and where opportunity cost would play an important role. If thats what WoWs feel like to you then I think we found the issue.

Edited by SirPent13
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,088 posts
22,603 battles

Well, since I like playing sunshine on a snowy day ......

IF

WG ever increases the 21 points to 22 or 23, just imagine what that will cost.

I will show myself out now.

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles
13 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

Hmmm...Playing WoWS indeed has an opportunity cost, kind of like going to the WoWS forum and making posts about “opportunity costs” also does.

Yet: here we are - Well Played!

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[BB35]
Members
116 posts
20,829 battles

Who is dismissing captains in the 19 to 21 point range to “recover” the XP?  This is the typical flambass clickbait video.

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,849 battles
2 minutes ago, cheapinkc said:

Who is dismissing captains in the 19 to 21 point range to “recover” the XP?  This is the typical flambass clickbait video.

Well if you had a special 19pt captain trained specifically for one ship (lets say Roma), then if you also had a 19pt Sansonetti commander trained for Venezia, there is no need to keep the Roma captain now. (Assuming you don't care about the upcoming ITA BB's) This captain isn't needed because now you can have Sansonetti specced to both Venezia AND Roma because Roma is a premium.

Members
957 posts
4,126 battles
2 minutes ago, cheapinkc said:

I would imagine he didn't click the "Yes" button.  Even if clickbait, it is still interesting to see what WG has determined the 'price' of a 21 pt Capt will be.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
8 minutes ago, surratus said:

I would imagine he didn't click the "Yes" button.  Even if clickbait, it is still interesting to see what WG has determined the 'price' of a 21 pt Capt will be.

Agreed.  Interesting to see the price, but, as @Ensign_Cthulhu pointed out, why would anyone do that?  And, if they did, it's their choice to pay the price.  No one's got a gun to their head making them hit the button.  Just clickbait.  What's disappointing is how many *didn't* see that it's just clickbait. 

[CUDA]
Members
262 posts
7,859 battles

Kind of odd, talking about a hobby in terms of economics. After all, the definition of hobby is "A creative way to waste time and money".  I've never spent a dime on WOWs (Well, I did buy a friend Atlanta for Christmas one year), and wouldn't play if I didn't enjoy the time I spent. I did grind to get the Strasbourg, but the games were still fun. As far as how much captain skills cost, I don't move my captains around so I aim for 10 skill slots, I think the highest I have is 15. The cost to get to 21 is something for the professionals to write off on their taxes.