Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Litigo_1970

Deadeye = Artillery?

13 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
352 posts
13,902 battles

If you play World of Tanks, you know the effect artillery has on the game. 

Are we seeing a deliberate attempt by Wargaming to introduce artillery like effects into Warships with Deadeye?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,841 posts
9,872 battles

Would shrinking the dispersion circle on a tank turn it into arty?

[Y0L0W]
Members
316 posts
8,784 battles

Pretty sure CV's are the pseudo-artillery you're looking for.

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
754 posts
6,982 battles

Battleships have always been arty.  Ask the IJA or the Germans about the USS Texas.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,074 posts
22,493 battles

Disclaimer:  I play Coop.

I had Deadeye on all of my TX BBs.  After a few days I uninstalled it.  Why?  I am NOT a sniper.   My BBs are brawlers and/or secondaries.  I would rather have the CQC so that my MBs get a 10% faster reload as soon as a red gets within my secondaries range.  Maxing out your secondary range really helps this as well.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,219 posts
2 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Are we seeing a deliberate attempt by Wargaming to introduce artillery like effects into Warships with Deadeye?

From what I remember of Arty in WoT

A big modern battle tank with 5000 hitpoints shows up in a valley floor across the map. You shoot three rounds burst. Each of the three hit, tap tap tap on tank for a -110 to a -160 point deduction against it's overall health. Tap tap tap tap. Keep it up long enough and said tank will drive right to you and delete you. Tap tap tap tap some more takes about 30 rounds or more to destroy a top tank in that game.

Its [edited].

In real life when artillery fires against a tank its already dead. Going to be a royal mess, a burning crematory for two to three days and then something to be hauled off as scrap. In video games artillery with the exception of ARMA has sometimes been a mockery of itself. I remember the first artillery back in Point of Existance Mod for I think battlefield years ago. I was Heavy552 then and some forum posts and discussions still exist online. If not in real time today at that server it will be under the wayback machine. We had some good discussions about arty. Basically a game commander for your team inside a arty unit with the satellite recon feature that drops down and provides the commander a real time video target of a house and surrounding yard. Enemy infantry can then be targeted individually from across the map. Should a enemy tank or arty drive by that home on a dirt road, shift fire and delete it. Your team steam rolls enemy. UNLESS enemy team uses various tactics to delete your artillery near your main spawn. That takes some doing.

Video game artillery is less than successful. People do not like to be simply deleted. One minute they are in the game world driving down a dirt road to battle in a big strong tank and the next moment they are looking at their death by arty message and respawn screen. They hate that.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,712 posts
12 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

From what I remember of Arty in WoT

A big modern battle tank with 5000 hitpoints shows up in a valley floor across the map. You shoot three rounds burst. Each of the three hit, tap tap tap on tank for a -110 to a -160 point deduction against it's overall health. Tap tap tap tap. Keep it up long enough and said tank will drive right to you and delete you. Tap tap tap tap some more takes about 30 rounds or more to destroy a top tank in that game.

Its [edited].

In real life when artillery fires against a tank its already dead. Going to be a royal mess, a burning crematory for two to three days and then something to be hauled off as scrap. In video games artillery with the exception of ARMA has sometimes been a mockery of itself. I remember the first artillery back in Point of Existance Mod for I think battlefield years ago. I was Heavy552 then and some forum posts and discussions still exist online. If not in real time today at that server it will be under the wayback machine. We had some good discussions about arty. Basically a game commander for your team inside a arty unit with the satellite recon feature that drops down and provides the commander a real time video target of a house and surrounding yard. Enemy infantry can then be targeted individually from across the map. Should a enemy tank or arty drive by that home on a dirt road, shift fire and delete it. Your team steam rolls enemy. UNLESS enemy team uses various tactics to delete your artillery near your main spawn. That takes some doing.

Video game artillery is less than successful. People do not like to be simply deleted. One minute they are in the game world driving down a dirt road to battle in a big strong tank and the next moment they are looking at their death by arty message and respawn screen. They hate that.

you thinking of console WoT...

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,712 posts

deadeye is pointless in pve i find...

better off loading up close quarters instead.

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
287 posts
5,032 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 7:33 AM, SirPent13 said:

Pretty sure CV's are the pseudo-artillery you're looking for.

Certainly are.  Probably get equal love as arty

[CAAT]
Members
912 posts
4,543 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Ann_Darrow said:

Battleships have always been arty.  Ask the IJA or the Germans about the USS Texas.

I mean, you're not wrong. Battleships literally ARE basically mobile artillery platforms, right? I mean, those 14in, 16in, 18in guns are artillery! ~-~º(^_^)ºv~-~

[A-I-M]
Members
3,859 posts
24,415 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, Litigo_1970 said:

Bruh. Not within an order of magnitude. 

Carriers are the artillery of WoWS'. 

[SIM]
Members
5,738 posts
9,263 battles

No? I mean, hilariously no. Glaring false equivalency no, even. 

Sign in to follow this