Sign in to follow this  
SKurj

KGV painful...?

8 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,800 posts

Just managed to unlock KGV yesterday.. and find it downright depressing...

tried it in pvp...   at T7 always uptiered and getting hammered from outside main gun range...  if i can get in gun range at best i can do a little damage and start a fire.  Specced dead eye but not sure its really of any benefit, thinking i should be pure survival. (13pt so far)

pve... well firestarting BB's in pve are a non-starter.. nothing lives long enough

[PISD]
Members
1,819 posts
6,028 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Just managed to unlock KGV yesterday.. and find it downright depressing...

tried it in pvp...   at T7 always uptiered and getting hammered from outside main gun range...  if i can get in gun range at best i can do a little damage and start a fire.  Specced dead eye but not sure its really of any benefit, thinking i should be pure survival. (13pt so far)

pve... well firestarting BB's in pve are a non-starter.. nothing lives long enough

KGV is ont of the best tier 7 BB. Tanky she is not, but her HE can damage any ship and start fire left and right. Play her like s cruiser.

[RLGN]
Members
15,513 posts
27,228 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

My average damage in KGV in Co-op is 47k+, and my best is 139k+?

Randoms is a hot mess right now.

Yay skill rework.

[PRVTR]
[PRVTR]
Beta Testers
252 posts
6,022 battles

Shoot HE and kite away from aggressors. Her speed is solid also. I don't play any new ship above tier 5 unless its fully optioned on modules. King is a totally different ship with all modules purchased and installed.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,800 posts
57 minutes ago, crookytweet said:

Shoot HE and kite away from aggressors. Her speed is solid also. I don't play any new ship above tier 5 unless its fully optioned on modules. King is a totally different ship with all modules purchased and installed.

i did use freexp to fit her out right away

i tried pvp but MM always uptiered me in the 2-3 games I tried, and getting hammered by NC's, JB, Iowa.. wasn't much fun...

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
38 posts
9,907 battles

Among Tier VII BBs, I found the KGV struggles with the Sinop (if it is angled well), but holds it own or better with everything else.

Be patient with the matchmaking; all Tier VII BBs struggle when uptiered against Tier IX BBs.

Members
367 posts
7,570 battles

KGV handles being uptiered better than most due to HE spam specialty.  Play it like cruiser, use lower reload to switch between AP and HE.  AP for cruisers and broadsides (upper belt only) and HE for anything angled.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,542 posts
14,178 battles

Hey

KGV is a decent T7 BB and a good fire starter, BUT, for me I actually (for some reason) do better with the Duke of York which I prefer, same basic ship.

Pete

Sign in to follow this