You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteadyAsSheGoes

If I had and EAR in WG. An inside GUY...

15 comments in this topic

Banned
141 posts
604 battles

What would you tell me to tell them about the skill rework.  How would you have done it specifically? What is your happy medium? Be serious please.

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes
  • Boring 1

[FIDD]
Members
30 posts
5,614 battles

Tell them: you goddamn idiots. Become a unicum at your own game before messing up extensively with the game balance.

• Meh 2

[SIM]
Members
5,738 posts
9,263 battles

I wouldn’t tell them anything until I’d spent more than a week with the new update. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,025 posts
12,473 battles

Remind them that to a new player all content is new content so they shouldn't let old ships be power crept into irrelevance.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,322 posts
16,884 battles

AGAIN? same guy .....................................

i think you (yes, you, you knew i pointing finger at you), please keep the discussion on forum civilized. Address the discussion in proper way, do not violated forum guideline.

Your 2nd chances.

regards,

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
38 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

What would you tell me to tell them about the skill rework.  How would you have done it specifically? What is your happy medium? Be serious please.

Better fantasy?
Win enough money via a lottery ticket to retire comfortably AND purchase WG outright and start bringing *change* to their employment status.

[O_O]
Members
6,949 posts
16,796 battles

Remove Deadeye, and allow secondaries with secondary builds to be a bit more accurate.  That's about it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,712 posts

if... they wanted to stop passive snipin play...

replace it with increase reload speed for main guns when an enemy inside base standard detection range by 5%(or some small %)

and allow it to stack with CCC

• Thanks 1

Members
15 posts
1 hour ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

I wish the upgrade from 19 to 21 points was less than 1.2 million ECXP.  That is a lot.  It also seems that I can't even completely rebuild what I had for 19 points with 21.

However, that said, I love Deadeye.  I've always considered myself a marksman and, to me, this makes the game much more fun.  It is worth all the other problems.  To me, the best thing in the game is properly judging an enemy's movement and skillfully hitting them at long range.  Dispersing around them is disheartening and frustrating.

To quote Townsend Whelan, a famous rifleman, "Only accurate rifles are interesting."

This skill rewards good aim.  Hitting is harder because you throw a smaller pattern, however, when you do hit, you hit harder.

It encourages broader situational awareness.  You have to be aware of and angle to more enemies now.

It counters the HE spam meta by enabling BBs to fight back better.  It further differentiates brawling from sniping BBs.

• Thanks 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,643 posts
25,736 battles

On the cruiser side of things I would have combined the torpedo skills into a singular 4 point skill and replaced them with other skills. The only cruisers that benefit from them are the Japanese, Italians, and British light cruisers. Even in those cases the torpedo usage can be considered limited at times.

Most other torpedo armed cruisers are carrying 6km or 4km torpedoes. Enhancing them is nearly useless. So dedicating 3 skills to torpedoes seems a bit redundant.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Banned
141 posts
604 battles
12 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

On the cruiser side of things I would have combined the torpedo skills into a singular 4 point skill and replaced them with other skills. The only cruisers that benefit from them are the Japanese, Italians, and British light cruisers. Even in those cases the torpedo usage can be considered limited at times.

Most other torpedo armed cruisers are carrying 6km or 4km torpedoes. Enhancing them is nearly useless. So dedicating 3 skills to torpedoes seems a bit redundant.

Thanks. What other skills would you have replaced them with and how would you have created the 4 point skill?

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,643 posts
25,736 battles
29 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

Thanks. What other skills would you have replaced them with?

Torpedo Expert: 4 Points
- Combines Swift Fish, Enhanced Torpedo Explosive Charge, and Torpedo Reload
-10% Torpedo Tube Reload Speed
+5 Knots to Torpedo Speed
+10% Torpedo Damage (Reduced from 15%)

This skill would be for the most hardcore torpedo oriented cruisers, and their players, in the current game. It combines the other torpedo skills into an expensive skill so that the others don't just feel like filler for some ships and useless for others, freeing up two slots.

Extended Torpedo Range: 3 Points
- Brings back the older torpedo skill that could be useful on some ships with mediocre torpedo performance that could become more useful with some skills invested. I'm not sure what the figures should be set at so I'm just using some random numbers that seem good to me. With this skill, the French torpedoes could reach out to 11KM, Germans to 8KM, and British to 12KM or 10KM depending on the ship. The IJN could be looking at 12Km, 14KM, and 22KM torpedoes and the Italians up to 15.5KM.
+ 2Km Torpedo Range
+5% to Torpedo detectability
-3 Knots to Torpedo Speed

Combat Air Patrol Fuel Tanks: 2 Points
- Borrowing this from the carriers. Due to the limited amount of new, additional AA skills, I think more potent fighter planes would be a good thing and a way to increase AA without messing with a ton of AA statistics. It would help the lock-on time due to the presence of aircraft within the patrol radius.
+10% Ranges of Fighter Consumable

Improved Hangar Storage: 1 Point
If fighters do lock on, it's generally a 1 for 1 trade on the attack planes. Thus, by adding one more plane to the fighter patrol, a good lock on to the enemy planes causes the loss of 1 more attack aircraft.
+1 To the Total Number Of Fighter Planes Launched

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,219 posts

Toss it all.

Repatch to 9 something and make that pernament.

There are enormous losses in ECXP and other things that people like myself simply refuse to continue to grind for in 2021 under 10.0

Everything else will find it's level after the restoration is finished minuses the millions in lost resources. As we say here in the south, its all spinning money., Wasted.