Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
grorg

Wait cruisers do get something!

21 comments in this topic

[GOOF]
Members
801 posts
6,675 battles

Ok so I was upset I thought since DDS get dazzle to increase enemy dispersion wow awesome skill right.

BBS get this deadeye to improve their dispersion awesome. Oh and super heavy AP woah cool.

I got upset where's my really cool cruiser new well thought out buff to help me against dev strike constantly by bbs.

Oh here it is cool I wonder........go faster when running away..............go faster when running........what the ...... REALLY!

Once again WG has made me feel like cruisers are left in the dust.

• Cool 6

[CO-OP]
Members
2,642 posts
27,740 battles
4 minutes ago, grorg said:

Ok so I was upset I thought since DDS get dazzle to increase enemy dispersion wow awesome skill right.

BBS get this deadeye to improve their dispersion awesome. Oh and super heavy AP woah cool.

I got upset where's my really cool cruiser new well thought out buff to help me against dev strike constantly by bbs.

Oh here it is cool I wonder........go faster when running away..............go faster when running........what the ...... REALLY!

This can be useful for most IJN cruisers, since their torpedo arcs are pointed toward the stern.  But I agree that most of the cruiser skills aren't really that inspiring. 

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts

New maps, new modes, more Ops....nope, nothing has really been that inspiring lately, unless you wish to add another ship to the too many you have to play already. 

This is turning into one of those mobile type games I try to keep away from lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, grorg said:

Don't forget, it only activates if you're outnumbered on a flank your team already lost, and only if the red ships stay spotted so there are more of them visible in your firing range than allies. That's your 4 point cruiser skill.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift

Members
475 posts
2,848 battles

I'm playing a Deadeye Scharnhorst until WG adjusts things. You can actually approximate pre-rework CA play with it. (Bonus: you get Vigilance back!)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,051 posts
20,748 battles
6 hours ago, grorg said:

Oh and super heavy AP woah cool.

You know heavy cruisers get that too, right?

<Edit> And HE / SAP bonuses as well?

Edited by Lert

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,541 battles
40 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know heavy cruisers get that too, right?

<Edit> And HE / SAP bonuses as well?

I was going to say exactly this, cruisers get it and without the massive negatives that bbs get to take the same skill. My petro, Stalingrad and moskva like the heavy ap along with my dm.

the heavy he skill is loved by my Azuma / Yoshino captains:)

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
16 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I was going to say exactly this, cruisers get it and without the massive negatives that bbs get to take the same skill. My petro, Stalingrad and moskva like the heavy ap along with my dm.

Did try Yoshino in an anti concealment build, and it went really well.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,541 battles
4 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Did try Yoshino in an anti concealment build, and it went really well.

I haven’t tried it yet but I will. I guess I figure if I’m spamming he at long range for the early to mid game anyway, my concealment de buff isn’t a big deal. Plus, I believe, Yoshino alpha damage per shell is the highest of any cruiser in game, so with this skill a 510 damage increase per shell is a pretty nice buff to an already high value

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[KRAK]
Members
1,500 posts
16,139 battles
1 hour ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Hold the press...my Moskva detection goes from 14.2 km with Conceal Expert to 18.1 km with this gem of a skill ? My gun range is only 19.4 km.

Just what the long range dead eye BBs need for a cherry on top, my juicy frail Moskva. I'll pass on this one.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,541 battles
22 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Hold the press...my Moskva detection goes from 14.2 km with Conceal Expert to 18.1 km with this gem of a skill ? My gun range is only 19.4 km.

Just what the long range dead eye BBs need for a cherry on top, my juicy frail Moskva. I'll pass on this one.

Huh? You mean for the HE skill? Yes I wouldn’t take that on moskva but the ap skill, which is what I was referring to has no debuff to concealment for cruisers

[KRAK]
Members
1,500 posts
16,139 battles
31 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Huh? You mean for the HE skill? Yes I wouldn’t take that on moskva but the ap skill, which is what I was referring to has no debuff to concealment for cruisers

OK, you are talking about the 5% heavy AP. Yes, my Moskva and Petro have that. As far as the HE/SAP skill, I would not put that on the DM unless there is a 21 point captain you can throw at it. I run CE on all cruisers as it is (especially with Dead Eye being a BB skill now).

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,541 battles
8 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

OK, you are talking about the 5% heavy AP. Yes, my Moskva and Petro have that. As far as the HE/SAP skill, I would not put that on the DM unless there is a 21 point captain you can throw at it. I run CE on all cruisers as it is (especially with Dead Eye being a BB skill now).

Agreed, to clarify the only cruisers I run the he skill on currently is yoshino and Azuma. I considered it on Hindi but It’s HE alpha damage is so low it didn’t seem worth it, but maybe I’ll try it and see. My dm also has the heavy ap skill 

[GOOF]
Members
801 posts
6,675 battles
8 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Don't forget, it only activates if you're outnumbered on a flank your team already lost, and only if the red ships stay spotted so there are more of them visible in your firing range than allies. That's your 4 point cruiser skill.

For some reason flank collapsing is all to common for me.

Couldn't be the influx of, mommy I want to play this game buy me a t8 ship.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, grorg said:

For some reason flank collapsing is all to common for me.

Couldn't be the influx of, mommy I want to play this game buy me a t8 ship.

tbh I'd rather have some ten year old on my team instead of somebody who's like [BOOMER]USNret1958 "heh heh this is my 10,000th battle and I just got up to a 46% winrate"

• Boring 1

Members
557 posts
7 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

tbh I'd rather have some ten year old on my team instead of somebody who's like [BOOMER]USNret1958 "heh heh this is my 10,000th battle and I just got up to a 46% winrate"

Hate to break it to you but if the age of the playerbase bothers you that much, you're playing the wrong game. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POD]
[POD]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
10,690 battles
14 hours ago, grorg said:

its worse than getting left in the dust they straight up [edited] the flint and smolensk. Alter boys at a seminary convention.

[GOOF]
Members
801 posts
6,675 battles
43 minutes ago, sonofliberty89 said:

its worse than getting left in the dust they straight up [edited] the flint and smolensk. Alter boys at a seminary convention.

Yeah m8 this was not a positive in any way for cruisers. I'm so upset they would do that to high tier play.

[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
61 posts
2,715 battles

I havent built any different for cruisers feels like nothing really changed skill wise, the anti conceal memesquad builds are just bb food. 

[DOG]
Members
722 posts
13,045 battles
11 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

I tried it and was punished severely. Back in port that skill was removed.  I don't see it as something I'll ever take.

[KRAK]
Members
1,500 posts
16,139 battles
1 hour ago, dashtardly said:

I tried it and was punished severely. Back in port that skill was removed.  I don't see it as something I'll ever take.

Here's a thing-

In the old system there was no skill you could take which would "backfire". Maybe not be effective, but send you to port in a basket ? No.

Sign in to follow this