Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NutzinBoltz

What I see on the forum

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts

Pretty standard forum antics.  

When you rewrite a base system component in a mature online game, people seem to think that they'll never rewrite it, and have a fit about it.  As you say, Mass Hysteria!!!!

I guess too many people play only this game, and don't understand that sometimes the *only* reason something like this is done is purely to shake things up.

That's my opinion.  It's an opinion, so I can't prove it, but I"m thinking they saw subs coming, knew they'd have to modify captain skills to accomodate them, and decided that they'd shake the whole thing up in the process.

I've seen it before in other games, and some games rewrite the meta every six months or a year, just so it doesn't get stale.

As I've said before, I'm not a defender of the changes, or a proponent of the changes.  My choice is to play the game and continue forward.  My other choice is to quit.  

Everyone else has the same choices.  The likelihood of WG rolling this back is about zero, imo.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
6,536 posts
5,215 battles

:cap_popcorn:... These dramas are a form of entertainment in their own right. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,612 posts
21,167 battles
19 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

3898069-1401115856539311_animate.gif.9b295eec14956dd5514839fd3dc5d6f2.gif

So true especially the "were dying again"

[INTEL]
Members
3,407 posts
18,808 battles
1 hour ago, Kesh_Lives said:

That's my opinion.  It's an opinion, so I can't prove it, but I"m thinking they saw subs coming, knew they'd have to modify captain skills to accomodate them, and decided that they'd shake the whole thing up in the process

I can almost guarantee you the introduction of Subs requires it.  They couldn't add a large set of unique sub skills to the existing design and hence we have the tabbed design where each type gets their own set of skills.  Some of the skills are shared between ships but only a few might be shared between ships and subs.  Imagine making tabbed sets of skills where they all matched except subs and CVs.  This allows them to expand the CV skillset and have a clean slate for subs.

If I now put my tinfoil hat on, it makes sense that they nerfed German secondaries.  German boats have good hydro and in their pre-rework form would tear up any sub that surfaced in hydro range.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Well my opinion would be this: If they drop subs on us too soon, I could almost guarantee you there will a downward trend in player population the like of which they haven't seen since what, oh Murmansk? 

40 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I come here for the humor - you see it in game as well. :cap_haloween:There's some funny stuff out here. 

:cap_old: You know as you age you realize what you thought mattered really doesn't matter much at all. If you realize this when you are young, you'll waste away your life. It's only when you get older and have time to contemplate things without having that FOMO burning in your chest, in the grand scheme of things, the game is nothing. 

Now killing the rat that's gnawed into our basement - that matters. There are now seven different spring traps loaded with two types of bait, one catch n release trap too. 

Last night the best trap, after weeks of attempts to obtain it, finally arrived. It's a 4C powered electric trap that is the equivalent of "Old Smokey", an electric chair. Hah! They even have a model with the ability to notify you, via WiFi, when something has been toasted. I thought that was too techie, so I just stuck with the flashing light version. 

Wish I had the tomcat we had when I was a kid. He could hunt and kill rats as big or bigger than his own body. He'd drag them back from the nearby grain mill and drop them at the foot of our back porch steps. I don't blame him either - fighting and killing them would no doubt take a lot out of him. Then he'd drag them back to the house a few blocks, then up a slight slope into our yard, around the side of the house and into the backyard. 

He did this all so he could hear, "Wow! Man you bad! Good job!" or such similar platitudes. What a cat he was. 

Short stories here can be fun too. 

[GGWP]
Members
7,307 posts
17,191 battles
1 hour ago, ThisIsClassic said:

I can almost guarantee you the introduction of Subs requires it.  They couldn't add a large set of unique sub skills to the existing design and hence we have the tabbed design where each type gets their own set of skills.  Some of the skills are shared between ships but only a few might be shared between ships and subs.  Imagine making tabbed sets of skills where they all matched except subs and CVs.  This allows them to expand the CV skillset and have a clean slate for subs.

If I now put my tinfoil hat on, it makes sense that they nerfed German secondaries.  German boats have good hydro and in their pre-rework form would tear up any sub that surfaced in hydro range.

I'm trying to imagine the conditions of the sub skill tree... 

[INTEL]
Members
3,407 posts
18,808 battles
23 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

I'm trying to imagine the conditions of the sub skill tree... 

Don’t hurt yourself

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles

Splitting up the trees also give WG a huge amount of flexibility in making new skill trees and modifying the skill trees. Do we needs some tweaks? Yeah maybe..... but the design is amazing. Sets up subs really well. They could add a battle cruiser skill tree now if they so desired.

Sign in to follow this