Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Through all the previous reworks I never though the game was in decline, but now, it feels like the start of the end.

15 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,396 posts
20,363 battles

I've been playing nearly 6 years now. I have just under 360 ships. I've been through stealth fire, rts carriers, cv rework, etc etc. I have never seen a change demoralize or sap clan players of their enthusiasm like this rework.

So many bad decisions in one place; limiting of playstyles with poor options. The choice between giving up priority target, radio location, and extra heal for damage and concealment. Damage and poor survivability, or sustain but be handicapped. 

Worst of all, rewarding cowardice and poor play, by giving an accuracy buff to the back line campers.

21 points to get an inferior build to what you had before.

Truly this feels like the warships tree has gone rotten in it's core, and all it will take is a single storm of a competing game for the rotten tree to fall over once and for all.

The start of the end, 0.10.0

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
859 posts

I think that it all comes down to poor analysis concerning what will increase their revenue. To me, it would be about understanding player retention. What WG seems to care about is resource use: how much coal, steel, free XP, and captain XP players have. They only have 12-13k players in NA at peaks hours, which is pretty bad. Players aren't asking for the things they introduce, and the things that players are asking for - a better game engine, no radar/hydro though mountains, new maps - are just not being paid attention to.

WoW is a cash cow.

• Cool 2

[NONE]
Members
3,762 posts

I doubt it's the end of WOWS, but it's definitely the end of WOWS as we knew it.

Kinda reminds me of what Dave Georgeson did to the Everquest franchise.

Oh, well. So it goes.

Members
1,466 posts
15 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I've been playing nearly 6 years now. I have just under 360 ships. I've been through stealth fire, rts carriers, cv rework, etc etc. I have never seen a change demoralize or sap clan players of their enthusiasm like this rework.

So many bad decisions in one place; limiting of playstyles with poor options. The choice between giving up priority target, radio location, and extra heal for damage and concealment. Damage and poor survivability, or sustain but be handicapped. 

Worst of all, rewarding cowardice and poor play, by giving an accuracy buff to the back line campers.

Truly this feels like the warships tree has gone rotten in it's core, and all it will take is a single storm of a competing game for the rotten tree to fall over once and for all.

Well said

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,396 posts
20,363 battles
5 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I think that it all comes down to poor analysis concerning what will increase their revenue.

It's like a company realizing what makes them the most money is selling life jackets, so they sink their own ship to sell a lot of life jackets that quarter. But then there's no more ship and no more passengers to sell to.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
10,882 posts
18,772 battles

It seems like a competitor has infiltrated and is trying to sabotage the game from the inside.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,751 posts
4,272 battles
53 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

I doubt it's the end of WOWS, but it's definitely the end of WOWS as we knew it.

Kinda reminds me of what Dave Georgeson did to the Everquest franchise.

Oh, well. So it goes.

I mean technically every patch is the end of WOWS as we know it:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[CCTV2]
Members
3 posts
5,354 battles

If there's a competitor game with decent quality I'd certainly give it a try. Watching Tier X bbs shooting each other 20+ km away game after game in a limited map pool is a suffering.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,053 posts
28,799 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Willingness to brawl at point blank range is no measure of bravery.  This is like saying that only knights who fought with swords were brave and that archers who fought at range were cowards, which is utter tripe.

Members
562 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Willingness to brawl at point blank range is no measure of bravery.  This is like saying that only knights who fought with swords were brave and that archers who fought at range were cowards, which is utter tripe.

More like the knights were taught skills that emphasized bows at range and their sword was replaced with a spork.

• Haha 1

[SYN]
Members
313 posts
12,869 battles

OP You've been around long enough You should be Use to the "game-breaking changes" every 6 months, enjoy - 14,641 currently playing - Server Population says a lot- There is good and bad with this patch, like always, playthrough.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,150 posts
6,223 battles

WOWS has a unique position - no one is directly competing with them, they can do whatever they really want. Yes, we know of war blunder but that really isn't a competitor as the gameplay is too different. 

Wargaming has enough properties to keep a failing one afloat to test/figure out what to do to save it. IMHO I feel like the rework was a step backwards and they stopped trying to fix the real silly issues - radar/hydro through islands. 

[XXX]
Members
658 posts
1,620 battles
58 minutes ago, SkyBlue4664 said:

If there's a competitor game with decent quality I'd certainly give it a try. Watching Tier X bbs shooting each other 20+ km away game after game in a limited map pool is a suffering.

That's the main problem, there really isn't a major competitor to WG.

The other game is more sim focused, has only just introduced what we would call tier 3 Battleships to their naval tree (Dreadnought etc.) and they're actually probably kinda worse when it comes to money grabbing tactics. They'll release an intentional OP Premium vehicle then when the playerbase finds its OP they'll remove it from sale and MASSIVELY jack up its repair costs so that it requires a premium account to even be remotely profitable. It's also SO much of a grind through vehicles/ships/planes that are marginally better upgrades to the previous one. So that's not really a no go IMO if you want fun arcadey action without all the crap attached.

The other tank game left is armoured Warfare but My.com seem to have gone out of their way to kill that game by not only removing the original devs on it (Obsidian) but also making stupid and wide reaching changes that were at odds with the playerbase and its playerbase has CRASHED as a result, now even PvE matches can take 3-5 minutes to fill even when it should be busy. They focused very heavily on the PvP despite most of the playerbase being there for the PvE because they wanted to be 'World of Tanks' despite most of their playerbase prefering campaigns and story missions with smaller groups of people and it was only later they realized that PvE was their draw that they started trying to court those people BUT they'd already disappeared due to lack of content.

Edited by Yandere_Roon

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It's like a company realizing what makes them the most money is selling life jackets, so they sink their own ship to sell a lot of life jackets that quarter. But then there's no more ship and no more passengers to sell to.

That's a great analogy for more and more of WG's behavior. 

Members
628 posts
11,318 battles
38 minutes ago, 05Chopp said:

OP You've been around long enough You should be Use to the "game-breaking changes" every 6 months, enjoy - 14,641 currently playing - Server Population says a lot- There is good and bad with this patch, like always, playthrough.

From what I recall, server population experienced a resurgence after the global pandemic started, but it's hard to say how long this steroid-stimulated "prosperity" will last for once the pandemic gets well-controlled or goes away.

Sign in to follow this