You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Firing lag. Is it just me?

8 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,042 posts
18,575 battles

After the update I have noticed that there is a lag when I try to fire the guns. I click several times before they actually fire. Probably 0.5 to 2 seconds of clicking. I also notice a lag in sounds. For example the pings for shell hits on a target occur 1-3 seconds (longer?) after the shells visually land.

I have also had a few salvos land waaaaaaay short of where I aimed them. Probably landing 1/3 of the distance from the aim point I thought I had to the bottom of the gunsight.

Not running a high-end system so it could be at my end. However I didn't notice it before the patch.

Anyone Else.?

Members
708 posts

Had problems in DD with things just refusing to fire. I also had some crazy video glitches (driver IS up to date), as in whole pieces of ships missing. With skill rebork I am going to take a break anyways and maybe just do daily 1st crate,call it good and not worry about it for a month or two.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,629 posts
25,089 battles

I have been having some weird problems with the guns too. I get the firing delay but always attribute that to the connection. What has been happening is not always changing from HE to AP when I hit the 2 key. At first I thought this was operator error but now that I am aware of it, it is still happening. Thought it may be my keyboard but it checks out fine. Also the first salvo or two of AP will look like HE (the animation). I had swapped over from HE to AP shooting at another BB and the shells looked like HE but got a citadel with them... It is very weird, not game breaking for me because I play in co-op but it is very odd. 

Over the past few months I have been having some accuracy problems too. In co-op at close range firing at the waterline of another BB, my shells not only missed, they went clear over the ship AND over an island on the other side of my target. Everything in co-op is pretty much close range so hitting things isn't a problem normally. I have had loads of shells fall short and even some that look like derp shots halfway between me and my target. I have a lot of time in playing the bots and am pretty good at hitting them, but IMHO it is some sort of baked in game mechanic that a certain percentage miss and when it kicks in, the results can be spectacular .

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
410 posts
15,418 battles

I've noticed my Ping has spikes every so often, and I also have the delay between pressing my mouse button and the guns actually firing.  Not sure if the two are connected, or what.  Frustrating to say the least.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,430 posts
22,575 battles

Guns not firing and shells not going where aimed are bugs in latest patch.

[BOBS_]
Members
21 posts
4,512 battles

I had a similar problem on my end and noticed whenever I had the pingrate fluctuating as it was and the ingame was stuttering here and there whenever you're fighting, I would highly recommend uninstall your existing graphics drivers. Download the latest one again and then reboot the machine, reinstall the video drivers (clean install is preferrred) and reboot the machine. 

With that being said make sure before you do reinstall the graphics drivers, make sure the old graphics driver program has been removed from the machine completely for example Programs Files\nvidia (in this instance) to clear up all settings and preferences.

Also make sure you're Windows drivers/updates are up to date as well too.

However I have also noticed alot of server lag as well too, not just NA but on EU and ASIA as well for different reasons so I'm hoping that WG would be able to sort that out soon.

Its a little better but.... I'll wait and see for the next update to sort out the issues because I restarted the game a few times. Tried different ways by lowering the game detail but still experienced issues.

Edited by Admiral_Revan_Vader

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,361 posts
20,303 battles

Having the same problem

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,712 posts

i have had quite a few cases where i clicked to fire and nothing happened...   i have been assuming maybe network glitch or packet loss...    on a 1gb connection