You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CorbinDallasMultipass

I know it doesn't matter ..

15 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
6,295 battles

.. but I finally broke 100 karma.  Whoo.

karmam.png.3bba9d0bea7f4c4adc7eda700304b778.png

It took  quite a while too.  Over three years of off and on play.  I do expect it to plummet when I take my newly acquired Implacable out in Ranked however.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles

Congratulations....

I'm just happy mines positive....

[VORTX]
Members
566 posts
7,446 battles

Krikey. Do you EVER play as or against CV? My god man. I get to like "2" every now and again and feel like [edited] just not going right. Then I play against a cv and I am back to zero. I am impressed with how nice you must be the anon world. 

Members
36 posts
6,295 battles
6 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Krikey. Do you EVER play as or against CV? My god man. I get to like "2" every now and again and feel like [edited] just not going right. Then I play against a cv and I am back to zero. I am impressed with how nice you must be the anon world. 

Being a Co-op main, I rarely play CVs in Randoms or Ranked.  In Co-op or Operations, players seem far more tolerant of CVs.

Even in Co-op, I often only play them for Naval Battles.

• Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
566 posts
7,446 battles
2 minutes ago, CorbinDallasMultipass said:

Being a Co-op main, I rarely play CVs in Randoms or Ranked.  In Co-op or Operations, players seem far more tolerant of CVs.

Even in Co-op, I often only play them for Naval Battles.

Ahhhh it all makes sense now. The coop world is so much nicer. I've been playing a lot more of it lately. My blood pressure appreciates it. 

[WPORT]
Members
7,808 posts
12,868 battles

It is possible to play all ship types, in all battle modes, and earn Karma.
I'm not the best player.  I only offer proof of concept.
Edited to tag:  @Pirate_Named_Sue

Spoiler

image_2021-01-23_201129.thumb.png.9442c006613ea4afed4dd44f32f50611.png

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[VORTX]
Members
566 posts
7,446 battles
31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is possible to play all ship types, in all battle modes, and earn Karma.
I'm not the best player.  I only offer proof of concept.
Edited to tag:  @Pirate_Named_Sue

Reveal hidden contents

image_2021-01-23_201129.thumb.png.9442c006613ea4afed4dd44f32f50611.png

Your coop to random ratio says otherwise as well as how often you play CV. I’d expect a CV randoms main to have much lower karma, however your stats show roughly a 4:1 coop to randoms ration. 

Admittingly, I earn most of my positive karma when chat banned and lose it quickly (usually) during CV games. 

I don’t want this to turn into (another) cv post and shift the subject from the OP. Good on OP for good karma. 

[O_O]
Members
6,957 posts
16,810 battles

I am currently +341 karma.  I never play in a division.  I have 10,893  Random battles, 4,633 Co-op battles, and an apparently unidentified number of Ranked battles (two sites show me as "one", but I have played in multiple seasons and have the flags to prove it).

In my experience the key to increasing your karma (particularly in Random battles) is to 1) play the best you can, regardless of MM or tier; and 2) keep your mouth shut, especially if your negative thoughts are trying to squeeze their way through to your keyboard.

Playing well will earn you karma.  Running your mouth about negative she-ite will cost you karma (or playing CV...good or bad is irrelevant).  Play well and keep your mouth (and keyboard fingers) shut, and you will see an increase in karma.  A word of warning - +11,000 karma still doesn't earn you anything.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 3

[CO-OP]
Members
2,647 posts
27,755 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I am currently +341 karma.  I never play in a division.  I have 10,893  Random battles, 4,633 Co-op battles, and an apparently unidentified number of Ranked battles (two sites show me as "one", but I have played in multiple seasons and have the flags to prove it).

In my experience the #1 key to increasing your karma (particularly in Random battles) is to 1) play the best you can, regardless of MM or tier; and 2) keep your mouth shut, especially if your negative thoughts are trying to squeeze their way through to your keyboard.

Playing well will earn you karma.  Running your mouth about negative she-ite will cost you karma (or playing CV...good or bad is irrelevant).  Play well and keep your mouth (and keyboard fingers) shut, and you will see an increase in karma.  A word of warning - +11,000 karma still doesn't earn you anything.

Words to live by.  +1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,567 battles

Congrats, while it doesn't earn you anything getting a compliment, or a report, "can be" an indicator your teams appreciation for your effort. 

I play operations frequently and usually get complimented. When I get a report after an operation, 9 times out of 10, I nod my head in agreement. 

Always get a chuckle when someone from Randoms running MMM enters a battle in COOP and asks in chat "How do you have that much karma with that winrate??!!"

[WPORT]
Members
7,808 posts
12,868 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

Congrats, while it doesn't earn you anything getting a compliment, or a report, "can be" an indicator your teams appreciation for your effort. 

I play operations frequently and usually get complimented. When I get a report after an operation, 9 times out of 10, I nod my head in agreement. 

Always get a chuckle when someone from Randoms running MMM enters a battle in COOP and asks in chat "How do you have that much karma with that winrate??!!"

:cap_tea::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_honoring:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,774 posts

ooo saw one of those karma's come across yesterday.. forgot all about those... I am up to the grand total of 6...

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,539 battles
16 hours ago, CorbinDallasMultipass said:

I finally broke 100 karma.  Whoo.

I'm pretty sure I saw you in more than one co-op battle and gave you a compliment at least once (the screen name stands out, loved that line in that movie)

• Thanks 1