Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Here is a bug nobody ever dreamed of...

7 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
7,363 posts
14,123 battles

I tied a brand new wall mounted LED TV to my Gaming Laptop. 
I'm impressed.  I can look up (saving my neck), and I don't need glasses.

But I started having a weird problem once a day -- at around the same time....  right around sundown.
Either my Game sound or video would shut off....  Thankfully, I spend most of my time in port and it happened there every time.

Hmmmm....   My TV is set to cut down on the blues at Sundown (called a daylight filter)..  so I watched it today...   YUP!!!  Locked out the game sound when it changed over today.

Apparently, it's communicating some status over the HDMI - and the game doesn't know what to do with it.

Oh Well !!!!!

NewDisplay.JPG

Members
1,118 posts
1,595 battles

That's strange, I have a 12" x 21 1/" monitor with daylight filter, and I never get this problem. Then again, I use VGA instead of HDMI, so that might be why. Perhaps you should consider getting a VGA cord. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,363 posts
14,123 battles
2 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

That's strange, I have a 12" x 21 1/" monitor with daylight filter, and I never get this problem. Then again, I use VGA instead of HDMI, so that might be why. Perhaps you should consider getting a VGA cord. 

I can call up my Nvidia utility and it can see exactly what kind of monitor and what the current settings are.
It can also do primitive inquiries over the 15 pin cable, but it's a lot more detailed using HDMI.
There is a noticeable flicker when the change-over happens.

Beta Testers
3,287 posts
26,944 battles

It almost looks like my 32 inch table top curved monitor ..................

[GWG]
Members
7,363 posts
14,123 battles
6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

tv setting you can disable?

Yes.  In the TV menu.  But I never thought anything about how it could effect the PC...   Doesn't make sense...  But somehow it did..  Only connection is HDMI.
Either that, or the WOWS Game software has a built-in programmed sabotage to malfunction at the exact same time...   where's my tin-foil?

Edited by AVR_Project

[GWG]
Members
7,363 posts
14,123 battles

Communication channels
HDMI has three physically separate communication channels, which are the DDC, TMDS and the optional CEC.  HDMI 1.4 added ARC and HEC

Display Data Channel (DDC)
I²C bus - read the audio/video formats (100 kbit/s), fast mode speed (400 kbit/s).

Transition-Minimized Differential Signaling (TMDS)
10-64 bit characters – on video lines during the horizontal and vertical blanking intervals, audio and auxiliary data are transmitted within a series of packets. The Control Period occurs between Video and Data Island periods.

Consumer Electronics Control (CEC)
It is a one-wire bi-directional serial bus which adds timer and audio commands.

Sign in to follow this