You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

(Entry Closed for Tourney Planning) DodgeBomb Tournament - Sunday, January 31st at Noon EST

17 comments in this topic

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,063 posts
12,013 battles

EDIT: *Entries are now closed so I can create a bracket setup for what we have.  I'll be trying to get that sorted later today* 

-----

So, I just got made into a Community Contributor <3

To celebrate, my stream kicked around some ideas and one of them felt like it was too cool to pass up.

DODGEBOMB

-----

What is DodgeBomb?

A wordplay on Dodgeball, but with CVs attempting to kill a DD opponent as quickly as possible, while the DD Just Dodges for all they're worth! 

Multiple DDs and CVs will be in a training room at one time, each with an assigned opponent (1 CV vs 1 DD).  Last DDs alive will advance to the next round, while the first CVs to kill their assigned opponent will advance as well.  Brackets will be formed as participation numbers are known.

No AA, Guns, Torps, or Smoke.  Just your wits and prayers to the RNG Goddess.

-----

What ships can we use?

The designated CV will be the Ranger.

There is no designated DD, though it must be Tier 6.  Feel free to theorycraft the best DD to win!

-----

Where are the matches played?

On the NA server in a training room.  Map will be Ocean - ST: Armor Resilience Test

This places all players fairly close to the center of the map to start with.  The DDs will be given a bit of time to head to the middle four grid-squares before start is called and the bombers head out for their targets.

-----

Are there prizes?

Yep!

Prizes to be:
1st DD: Friesland
2nd DD: Kidd
3rd DD: Monaghan

1st CV: Saipan
2nd CV: Saipan
3rd CV: Ark Royal

DD prizes are a bit nicer as being the best juke-master deserves some love~

-----

How do I sign up?

There's a signup room on my Discord.  Simply add your name and what you'd like to play.  At the moment, I'm good for letting folks sign up for both options, though for prize reasons we may have to limit finalists to a single ship type.  (It's my first time running this, so growing pains expected)

Example - "Ahskance - CV & DD"

https://discord.gg/SEuNphu

-----

Date & Time?

12pm on Sunday, January 31st, 2021.

-----

Will this be streamed?

Yep!  I'll be running this from my twitch channel as a fun event.  Channel is https://www.twitch.tv/ahskance

If there are folks that wanted to help or stream/commentate, feel free to send me a message on Discord at Ahskance#4305

Edited by Ahskance
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Congratulations on the CC. Just remember you were doing well before you became a CC, you can do well again without being a CC. However, I hope it all goes well with you! :cap_like:

[KSC]
1,063 posts
12,013 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Congratulations on the CC. Just remember you were doing well before you became a CC, you can do well again without being a CC. However, I hope it all goes well with you!

Thank ya kindly!  Yeah, I'm still me and don't see that changing anytime soon.  I do take it as a compliment that they let me in, though <3

1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Congratulations on your CC!

Thank ya kindly!

[KSC]
1,063 posts
12,013 battles
3 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Now your a company man

Haha, not how it works.

If I get offered a salary, maybe~

[SGSS]
Members
5,561 posts
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

To celebrate, my stream kicked around some ideas and one of them felt like it was too cool to pass up.

DODGEBOMB

-----

What is DodgeBomb?

A wordplay on Dodgeball, but with CVs attempting to kill a DD opponent as quickly as possible, while the DD Just Dodges for all they're worth! 

Multiple DDs and CVs will be in a training room at one time, each with an assigned opponent (1 CV vs 1 DD).  Last DDs alive will advance to the next round, while the first CVs to kill their assigned opponent will advance as well.  Brackets will be formed as participation numbers are known.

-----

What ships can we use?

There is no designated DD, though it must be Tier 6.  Feel free to theorycraft the best DD to win!

-----

On the NA server in a training room.  Map will be Ocean - ST: Armor Resilience Test

This places all players fairly close to the center of the map to start with.  The DDs will be given a bit of time to head to the middle four grid-squares before start is called and the bombers head out for their targets.

-----

Are there prizes?

Yep!

Prizes to be:

-----

How do I sign up?

There's a signup room on my Discord.  Simply add your name and what you'd like to play.  At the moment, I'm good for letting folks sign up for both options, though for prize reasons we may have to limit finalists to a single ship type.  (It's my first time running this, so growing pains expected)

-----

Date & Time?

-----

Will this be streamed?

Yep!  I'll be running this from my twitch channel as a fun event.  Channel is https://www.twitch.tv/ahskance

If there are folks that wanted to help or stream/commentate, feel free to send me a message on Discord at Ahskance#4305

Thats very fun idea

[WPORT]
Members
7,821 posts
12,868 battles

Congratulations, @Ahskance.
Great idea for a fun competition.  :-)

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

We already do this in regular game play.

But congrats on being a made company man. Good luck to you.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[ROXY]
Members
380 posts
1,276 battles

Congrats Ahskance for being accepted into CC program!

Going to let all of my friends know about this :-)

bump

Edited by ___Sakura

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
19 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Oh, excellent!

Is there a particular reason you chose the Ranger? Or is it just the closest thing to being Mister Average Tier 6 CV that anyone could own?

Should you not be setting limits on captain builds, to give newer players a chance? (Experienced players with 19/21 pointers might be able to eke it out a little longer.)

Members
2,289 posts
52 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is there a particular reason you chose the Ranger?

Doing it at a higher tier with Lexington or Midway would be blatantly unfair to the DDs.

Meanwhile on T6 specifically Ark Royal cannot be dodged due to her bombs being made to murder DDs, Loewenhardt cannot be dodged either due to a circular bomb drop pattern and Furious would likely just make it far too easy for the DDs to survive and draw out the battle way too long. Ranger thus presents the "most balanced" option on the spectrum of being able to RNG your way out and the CV killing you, giving both sides a reasonable chance to win even if the CV knows how to negate dodging attempts.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
959 posts
7,581 battles
On 1/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Ahskance said:

DODGEBOMB

-----

What is DodgeBomb?

-----

What ships can we use?

-----

-----

Are there prizes?

Yep!

Prizes to be:

-----

How do I sign up?

-----

Date & Time?

-----

Will this be streamed?

Congrats Man!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles

mmm... why not? a challenge is a challenge... marking this. Gratz and bump.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
6,230 posts
On 1/23/2021 at 5:55 PM, Ahskance said:

Congrats.  You deserve it for all the work you've put in teaching people CVs. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[TSG4]
Members
17 posts
8,368 battles

Congrats.... and thanks for the CV fun play and info along the way which helps us all

as a new CV Player, the CV lessons are

really like my Morning Breakfast

and really hate to miss Breakfast

LOL Thxs