You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

From 19 to 21 Captain Points

28 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
383 posts
12,924 battles

I had several 19 Points Captains so since I already had 4 million EXP, I had to spend it all on only 3 of them, why WG did not give us a compensation to get to 21 ???

And now the difference from 19 to 21 points is 1.2 million EXP. WHY ??? 300 000 per points was bad enough but 500 grand to 20 and 700 grand to 21 ???

How long is it going to take to get to 21 Points ??? Thanks a lot WG

Anybody can tell me how to get EXPs faster ? Apart from using expensive special flags ?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
38 posts
3,940 battles

As a casual player, I am unsure if I will ever get my SINGLE 19pt captain to 21. It seems like such a daunting task... I enjoy the game and like to play various ships... I cannot imagine playing only 1 ship when I get to play. 

They really should have just given all commanders a 2pt boost.

• Cool 2

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,677 posts
25,863 battles
3 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Anybody can tell me how to get EXPs faster ? Apart from using expensive special flags ?

I would say the obvious flags and camos and combining that with the first win bonus on the captians ship and every premium you have. 

[JMMAF]
Members
683 posts
9,013 battles
7 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

I had several 19 Points Captains so since I already had 4 million EXP, I had to spend it all on only 3 of them, why WG did not give us a compensation to get to 21 ???

And now the difference from 19 to 21 points is 1.2 million EXP. WHY ??? 300 000 per points was bad enough but 500 grand to 20 and 700 grand to 21 ???

They went completely over the edge with this.  Pure $ grab, complete jerk move to customer base.

[1813]
Members
383 posts
12,924 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

I would say the obvious flags and camos and combining that with the first win bonus on the captians ship and every premium you have. 

IT will take  FOREVER ! 1.2 million EXP for TWO Captains points ? the only plus is that 1 Captain has 4 sets of skills from DD to aircraft carrier

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles

WG should of at least given players like 100 XP capt flags or done like 10x capt XP bonus for the month.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,644 posts
25,103 battles

Prior to the rework, I had 5 legendary captains, only two were 19 pointers, one was around 14 points, and two were 10 pointers. I banked enough ECXP to make two 21 pointers by the time the patch went live. I made the others 21 points by selling off almost every single captain for every single tech tree ship I had using the credit option. I then replaced most of the TT captains with 6 point captains (on ships I enjoyed playing) and 0 point captains for those ships I only play for snowflake events. The only tech tree ship captains I have kept better captains on are those I am currently grinding. Once the ship gets elite status, the captain will be sold off for the XP and replaced with a 0 or 6 pointer. New ships get a 6 point captain to begin the grind all over again. They are nothing more than XP banks to be cashed in once the grind is done. IMHO this is the best way to play the game with the rework, focus in on a few captains and disposing of the rest. 

For tech tree ships I enjoy playing like Kuma, St Louis, Fiji, etc., I have put either a special or unique captain on each that I will not sell. Since I had the doubloons, I went ahead and bought all the unique captains from Armory save for the Dashas, and bought the last two special captains I was missing (Jutland and Rong). 

Edited by Taylor3006

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,098 posts
11,586 battles

It won’t take long when CB start. Loaded up in flags and the right camos is like 70k ecxp per win

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,633 posts

Why do you deserve compensation?

• Haha 1

[1813]
Members
383 posts
12,924 battles
20 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

It won’t take long when CB start. Loaded up in flags and the right camos is like 70k ecxp per win

I cant access Clan Battles, every time I tried I waited forever and I left out of frustration...

18 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Because I believe most people DID NOT ask for this crap ! It ruined months of grinding.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,633 posts
28 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Because I believe most people DID NOT ask for this crap ! It ruined months of grinding.

This isn't a steak dinner you are buying at a restaurant where you tell the cook exactly how you want your purchase.  Game companies make their own decisions about what happens in their game, because they create and own the product, not the players.

They often consider suggestions from the players, but the players don't make the final call or decisions for the company.

You had 19 points before the patch, you have 19 points after the patch.  They didn't take away your captain's points that they had.

It's a global change that impacted everyone, it's not like WG awarded 21 point commanders to everyone on the red team, but not you.  It's a new goal for everyone to work toward, which is a good thing.  Online games need constant new goals for the players or they become stagnant.  The rolling stone gathers no moss and all that.

I would expect that in another X years, they will do it again.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,513 posts
27,228 battles
56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I would expect that in another X years, they will do it again.

If I’m still around and they do something particularly lunatic like go back to RTS carriers I’ll laugh so hard I may bust a gut.

• Funny 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,098 posts
11,586 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

I cant access Clan Battles, every time I tried I waited forever and I left out of frustration...

Join a clan that plays them then. The rewards are great for free xp, ecxp, steel, etc

[1813]
Members
383 posts
12,924 battles
1 minute ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Join a clan that plays them then. The rewards are great for free xp, ecxp, steel, etc

I did, Clan 1813 , and I tried to get in a Clan Brawl but it did not work, after 30minutes + I left after a few tries, maybe because its a small clan...

Members
924 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

WG should of at least given players like 100 XP capt flags or done like 10x capt XP bonus for the month.

Or even better stop the reliance on purchasable items to make the captain grind more realistic.  Oh, right.

Beta Testers
3,288 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

Amen to that, but I do not believe WG will do that, They are like Trump, they will NEVER admit they F&%$& up...

More like your Abama or that brain dead Biden

Beta Testers
3,288 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

That's a very dumb question......................

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles
6 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Or even better stop the reliance on purchasable items to make the captain grind more realistic.  Oh, right.

You mean like 10x bonus cpt XP for the month, like I suggested.

MMORPGs do stuff like that when they do balance reworks.

[A-D-F]
8,633 posts
14 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

That's a very dumb question......................

Why is that a very dumb question?

[WOLFH]
Members
1,234 posts
2 hours ago, 3r22r said:

I used my ECXP and FXP to promote several Captains to 21 points as soon as the 0.10.0 patch dropped and remaining points were used to round-up a few Captains to reach specific skills.

Since the patch, I have accumulated 818K of ECXP and FXP.

I have not spent a cent since the 0.8.0 CV rework patch, but I get plenty of special flags.

[RBMK]
Members
2,187 posts
34,490 battles
2 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Don't bother. Upgrade what you can, when you can, and don't take part in their silliness.

Members
924 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

You mean like 10x bonus cpt XP for the month, like I suggested.

No, as I said remove the need entirely.  Band-aids are still band-aids.

Members
3,967 posts
14,408 battles
1 minute ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

No, as I said remove the need entirely.  Band-aids are still band-aids.

That's not what you said, but I do get what you are saying now.

Members
860 posts
4 hours ago, 3r22r said:

In short, WG saw that people had been stocking up on elite commander XP and didn't like it. The new skills don't bring much to the game, but they do 1) get people to use their stockpile of elite commander XP, and 2) get them to use commander XP flags. This, like many other things, has nothing to do with what the player base has been asking for.

[OO7]
232 posts
9,856 battles

Man, I made a graph of this like, 2 months ago.  Yet nobody seemed to care, it was all just makarov-gate.  And now we're here. 

Reference:

image.png.f993d07fc624c45a10837b3519b2f6b8.png

• Cool 1