Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NailToe

How To Change the "Trained for" Ship to a Premium Ship

9 comments in this topic

[FSB]
Members
15 posts
12,477 battles

How To Change the "Trained for" Ship to a Premium Ship

I have a second Nelson commander that I want to "train for" the Premium Ship "DUKE OF YORK".
I have a Hood commander that is trained for QUEEN ELIZABETH and I want to train it for the Premium Ship "HOOD".

Is this possible with the commander rework?

Edited by NailToe

Members
207 posts
4,368 battles

No need to. Just have the commander trained for any tech tree ship and just use them on the premium. The "Recall Commander" button will move them at any time.

[FSB]
Members
15 posts
12,477 battles

Yes, I understand. However, it is more about organization of the commanders. There is no ability to add notes to a commander. Therefore, the only way to identify the primary commander is the "trained for".

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,162 battles

As mentioned above, there’s no need to do so. 

The only way to have a commander “trained for” a premium ship is to use the commander that came with the ship (or recruit one for it), as commanders will always be trained for the ship they’re recruited on. The only other possibility is to have a captain trained for a tech tree ship that then becomes a premium, which is how my Znamensky captain has a premium ship as his specialization. But since that’s only happened one time in the 5+ year history of the game, I wouldn’t rely on that being a usable one. 

5 minutes ago, NailToe said:

Yes, I understand. However, it is more about organization of the commanders. There is no ability to add notes to a commander. Therefore, the only way to identify the primary commander is the "trained for".

If you really need a way to identify which commanders go on which premiums (and the recall commander option, which recalls the last assigned captain to the ship, doesn’t work for you), your best bet is going to be to make a spreadsheet or list outside of the game to keep track of them. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
9 minutes ago, NailToe said:

Thought that was something that would happen to any captain in a premium ship as a part of the update, so I moved several captains around, but apparently not.

Don’t think there is any way to do so, but it might be a minor, if nice QOL thing to be able to set a premium ship’s captain.

[FSB]
Members
15 posts
12,477 battles
16 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thought that was something that would happen to any captain in a premium ship as a part of the update, so I moved several captains around, but apparently not.

Don’t think there is any way to do so, but it might be a minor, if nice QOL thing to be able to set a premium ship’s captain.

I thought so also.

To all that answered what I could do - I didn't ask for alternatives. Please avoid polluting the topic. The answer is either yes with a how to or a no.

• Meh 3

Members
207 posts
4,368 battles
On 1/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, NailToe said:

I thought so also.

To all that answered what I could do - I didn't ask for alternatives. Please avoid polluting the topic. The answer is either yes with a how to or a no.

No.

If a commander comes with a premium ship, they will be trained for that one, but if they are trained for another ship you can't train them for a premium ship.

[YORHA]
Members
5,261 posts
10,436 battles
On 1/23/2021 at 5:00 PM, NailToe said:

I thought so also.

How about adding  No", but thanks for trying to help" instead of being a you-know-what?

• Sad 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,737 posts
12,346 battles

No, it's not possible, but I believe once you assign a commander to Duke of York, you can use Recall Commander to call the last used commander back.

Sign in to follow this