You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Adrenalin Rush or Survivability Expert?

8 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
550 posts
11,451 battles

Starting with my T7 dds, for the first 10 points I take preventative maintenance(1), last stand(2), and concealment expert(4).  Which is the best 3 point skill to take first adrenalin rush or survivability expert?

[WOLFA]
Members
850 posts
7,503 battles

Survivability expert would be my choice only because with DD's you get a good chunk of health from it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,142 posts
9,607 battles

I would take survivability expert first, the better reload from adrenaline rush only matters if you are still alive.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
376 posts
10,310 battles

In some ships, I tend to get "whittled down" over time. On those, I usually prefer Adrenaline Rush.

Otherwise, and especially in ships where I'm basically either high health or dead, I take Survivability Expert.

Edited by imaginary_b

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
322 posts
8,376 battles

Setting aside peculiarities of individual ships, the main question for me comes down to guns or torps? Occasionally its both, but that is harder with this rework.  For torp boats you are mostly trying not to be seen, thereby avoiding being shot and damaged. In this case both the benefit of the HP boost of Last Stand or the reload benefit of Adrenaline Rush may be more situational and less desirable than other skills that will be used more. For gun boating I really want both the benefits of the HP boost Last Stand AND the reload benefit of Adrenaline Rush. When choosing between Last Stand or Adrenaline Rush, I tend towards Last Stand. It is in full effect from the start of the match, while Adrenaline Rush comes into effect only as you take damage. 

So I tend to not choose Last Stand or Adrenaline Rush on stealth torp boats; use Last Stand on the few gun/torp highbred boats I am trying; and use both Last Stand and Adrenaline Rush on gun boats. 

But this may change when WG adjusts the skills - likely to change, really. 

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,533 battles
3 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

Setting aside peculiarities of individual ships, the main question for me comes down to guns or torps? Occasionally its both, but that is harder with this rework.

I agree. It's been a bit difficult for me too when it comes to destroyer skill setups and what direction to go in with this rework. Actually it's a good thing if the skill setups are varied and equal enough that you really have to think about it for a particular ship. I think that is the case here with destroyers, because no matter the destroyer, adrenaline rush or survivability expert are both good choices. Even if one happens to be "better" for a particular ship or person's play style, neither of them are bad choices by any means.

My preference is I usually think of survivability expert as an option for the 2nd three point skill I take. I usually want a bonus to the guns/torpedoes/consumables first if I have a low point captain. that being said with this rework for the 1st three point skill this is what I'm thinking:

• I'm leaning towards adrenaline rush for destroyers that are primarily gunboats that get shot up a lot (French/Russian).
  • For a torpedo boat (most IJN destroyers), or the British destroyers (because I like the singe fire torps and their reload is too slow for my liking) then torpedo reload. That might not be optimal for the British destroyers but it's what I'm going with.
  • For the German destroyers, well they are a jack of all trades, they have a lot of consumables, and their smoke doesn't last long so I actually am trying out superintendent first.
  • For Akizuki I used the main battery/AA. Yes it is only 5% to reload instead of 10% like it was, but I tend to stay hidden and undamaged while spamming shells with her so it seemed like a good idea, and also becuase Akizuki actually has decent AA.

• For US destroyers... I haven't decided yet. It could be adrenaline rush, or main battery/AA, or even survivability expert in this case? Tough call. Probably not superintendent as the smoke screens last a long time anway.
  • Cool 1

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,533 battles

As I've been going through the skills and seeing what I prefer I have been choosing survivability expert for the 1st skill on US destroyers, because looking at them they actually have rather low hit points compared to most of the other destroyers from different nations.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,539 posts
14,168 battles

Hey

For a DD; Survivability is a must take for most DD's.  One could make a case for Super intendent skill on DD's with heals first BUT ultimately you want the extra HP which is so important.

Pete