Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

Hizen and the yahagi

17 comments in this topic

Members
170 posts
4,817 battles

so anyone that has used these ships are they worth going for because i just got the yahagi and im telling you at this point is is not worth the pixel it is made with it is not very conseled, hits like a paper spit wad,, and the armor is as thin as paper. in 5 games i have been citideled 6 times.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,437 posts
13,111 battles
5 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

so anyone that has used these ships are they worth going for because i just got the yahagi and im telling you at this point is is not worth the pixel it is made with it is not very conseled, hits like a paper spit wad,, and the armor is as thin as paper. in 5 games i have been citideled 6 times.

Yahagi is a lot like Yubari or Tenryu, Light firepower, Big torps with bad arcs, and very fast.

She's good, if you treat her like a destroyer with a citadel rather than as a cruiser. 

• Cool 2

Members
170 posts
4,817 battles

well took the yahagi out again and its NOT a good its a worthless ship the speed is not all that good 30 something and it gets u in the fight but when u need to get out it runs out of power and they then can hit the crap out of u, it has concealment of 60ish dd's are 90's guns are no good the torps take i think over 90 sec, paper thin armor yup a piece of junk you know you work hard to get crap in here only to find out it is really crap u are getting, no wonder its free and no one uses it in the game...

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,736 posts
12,346 battles
14 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

well took the yahagi out again and its NOT a good its a worthless ship the speed is not all that good 30 something and it gets u in the fight but when u need to get out it runs out of power and they then can hit the crap out of u, it has concealment of 60ish dd's are 90's guns are no good the torps take i think over 90 sec, paper thin armor yup a piece of junk you know you work hard to get crap in here only to find out it is really crap u are getting, no wonder its free and no one uses it in the game...

Would you mind sharing a replay?

Yahagi is currently the 2nd highest win rate T5 cruiser in the game.

image.thumb.png.5c4948ef9a6088bcd78ffc5b1d73cc6a.png

The average damage for the entire server is about 27K, with the 75 percentile being about 41K damage.

What is your average damage in the Yahagi?

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
7 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

What is your average damage in the Yahagi?

It's 747. 

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[CYNIC]
Members
2,893 posts
7,598 battles
4 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

I bought the yahagi with a christmas temp coupon and banked 750 doubs or so when getting it back through the dockyard -- never played it though so can't comment.  My understanding is that it was a poo ship to begin with. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,377 battles

I've only played a handful of games in the ship but I'm averaging around 34k in damage with a 1500 PR; I'm an average at best player for what it's worth. The Yahagi needs to be played like the American Tier 5 light cruiser Omaha. Use cover and concealment, never sail broadside, spam HE, and don't fire in the open unless you're already in a kiting position. This ship is made out of matchsticks and citadels so it doesn't take hits well. It's surprisingly good torpedoes have surprisingly terrible firing angles that force broadside launching so make sure you're unspotted when launching.  AA, like all tier 5 ships, is mediocre at best. 

For a free ship I like it, but I also like the Omaha. 

[WOLF1]
Members
122 posts
5,970 battles

Omaha is a good ship when played correctly and not uptiered

Yahagi is a decent ship when played properly. When played poorly, it'll fall just like the Pensacola

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles

The true power of Yahagi is to lock her out of being a supercontainer or other prize container option. I got mine today. She is terrifyingly fragile. I know what she's supposed to do, but the 12km torps scare me. I fear the pink will be strong with this one.

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,533 battles

Yahagi is a tough ship to use, despite that I do like her. Sometimes the unusual ships are the ones I'm drawn to.

She is a confusing mix of very good traits and very bad traits, usually combined in the same item. Her torpedoes are a perfect example of this. They have the longest range and highest damage torpedoes at tier 5 (as far as I know) and they are pretty quick, but they have a very long reload and the worst torpedo firing angles of any ship, save maybe Yubari? So you have these great torpedoes, you can deal with the long reload but the firing angles make them so clunky and awakard to use as to limit their effectiveness at times. I'm sure I said it before but if the only change to the ship was to widen the torpedo angles she would be a much more effective.

[DMGS]
Members
108 posts
6,463 battles
6 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Yahagi is a lot like Yubari or Tenryu, Light firepower, Big torps with bad arcs, and very fast.

She's good, if you treat her like a destroyer with a citadel rather than as a cruiser. 

Except Yubari’s guns are actually dead accurate courtesy of Aiming Systems 0. I own almost all premiums that are in the game and I’d rather play 5 rounds in Mikoyan or Viribus Unitis before I’d play one round in this joke of a cruiser.

[BB22]
Members
192 posts
33,680 battles

Nothing wrong with the yahagi, excellent torps, and exception speed for a cruise. 

image.thumb.png.6f894a931dd5af1b61d063fd97bb4cca.png

[DMGS]
Members
108 posts
6,463 battles
7 minutes ago, BigBlackRat said:

Nothing wrong with the yahagi, excellent torps, and exception speed for a cruise. 

image.thumb.png.6f894a931dd5af1b61d063fd97bb4cca.png

Yeah powerful torps but you gotta go full broadside on these awful firing angles that would allow even a Clemson to devstrike you. It’s stealth isn’t good enough for torping IMO. Glad you like her but I’d rather play any other IJN ship.

Edited by Firewalk

[WPORT]
Members
7,796 posts
12,862 battles

I like the Yahagi.
Fun 'Bote in Co-op.  Haven't sailed her much in Randoms.

Good luck with yours.  :-)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,437 posts
13,111 battles
2 hours ago, Firewalk said:

Except Yubari’s guns are actually dead accurate courtesy of Aiming Systems 0. I own almost all premiums that are in the game and I’d rather play 5 rounds in Mikoyan or Viribus Unitis before I’d play one round in this joke of a cruiser.

Yubari may be very accurate, but she's only got 4 barrels, Yahagi has 6 barrels and they're bigger. In both cases, the guns are only good for chipping away at stuff. If you want real damage, you're gonna have to hit with torps, with suicidal arcs. So you're gonna be dumping fish as you dodge behind islands and stuff like that.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,589 posts
10,709 battles
18 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

So you're gonna be dumping fish as you dodge behind islands and stuff like that.

Even in coop.  Get amongst the islands and make reds chase you.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this