You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nGoldfish

T8 MM

5 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
49 posts
16,602 battles

Starting this post in hopes to catch the developers eyes.  Please respond to this thread if you would like to see T8 MM improved because you are sick of getting stuck in T10 matches.  T8 has the most amount of ships, yet has some of the worst MM IMO.

Thank you

nGoldfish

[GGWP]
Members
7,318 posts
17,267 battles

I noticed this the past couple days. I think its since everyone typically has their best captains at T10, everyone trained those captains and are playing those ships, so there is a glut of T10 ships in MM right now. T8 MM does suck right now.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
18 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

I noticed this the past couple days. I think its since everyone typically has their best captains at T10, everyone trained those captains and are playing those ships, so there is a glut of T10 ships in MM right now. T8 MM does suck right now.

You're probably correct, Ducky.  Sure, there will be some things to be hotfixed, but in a couple weeks, a lot of things will settle out back to a new 'normal'.

[SGSS]
Members
5,601 posts
27 minutes ago, nGoldfish said:

Starting this post in hopes to catch the developers eyes.  Please respond to this thread if you would like to see T8 MM improved because you are sick of getting stuck in T10 matches.  T8 has the most amount of ships, yet has some of the worst MM IMO.

Thank you

nGoldfish

Its always been this way and always will.

• Meh 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,677 posts
25,858 battles

Tier 8 has a major flaw and I believe that it mostly exists due to the discrepancy created by the slot 6 modules and the bonuses they give. Specifically the range and reload modules I think create a large discrepancy.

Consider that a Tier 8 ship may have a 15.7km range and a 15s reload. The Tier 9 may have 16.6km range and a 13.7s reload. Those two ships might have the same HP of 39,000. However, the Tier 9 is an upgrade, being a tier above its counter part, and so one would expect somewhat better stats.

However, by adding the reload module the Tier 9 now has a reload of 12.1s or mount the range module the range boosts to 19.2 km.  Both ships have 10 guns in this example, and both have an HE alpha of 3300. DPM wise the Tier 8 gets 4 shots a minute and the Tier 9 gets about 5 (4.95 technically). The potential damage difference is 13,200 and 16,500, so 3300.  These are stats of the 203mm Mogami and the Ibuki.The power increase of that module is quite significant, especially if you factor in the Mogami can heal no damage and the Ibuki 5,460 hp with each repair party. This isnt even considering Mogami versus Zao or other trees like Amalfi versus Venezia.

So there already is an improvement but it jumps drastically with the addition of the module and the heal. It really makes a huge difference in facing a Tier 9 or 10 with a Tier 8 versus doing the same in a Tier 9.