You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Im_with_goobler

The irony from WG employees

33 comments in this topic

[BONKS]
Members
1,024 posts
9,219 battles

@Hapa_Fodder how else do you want the playerbase to make use of the new deadeye skill? or cruisers -8% reload for being detected in base detect then dying from sniping BBs? or DDs that gain 8% speed for being dark? surely these skills were added so the playerbase can enjoy them and promote active gameplay right and not passive back line sniping from BBs.

Edit: I  forgot the CV skills where they can ignore torp belts and do 40k+ damage with 1 squadron, or taking reduce AA damage skills and ei ei dus nuffin even more

Capture.PNG

Edited by J0nk
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ARR0W]
Members
4,346 posts
27,298 battles
17 minutes ago, J0nk said:

@Hapa_Fodder how else do you want the playerbase to make use of the new deadeye skill? or cruisers -8% reload for being detected in base detect then dying from sniping BBs? or DDs that gain 8% speed for being dark? surely these skills were added so the playerbase can enjoy them and promote active gameplay right and not passive back line sniping from BBs.

Capture.PNG

Ironic? Um, lots...

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
279 posts
10,806 battles

Wargaming Devs at work Circa 2021 

dd66cd0bd6.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,625 posts
27,341 battles
50 minutes ago, J0nk said:

Capture.PNG

@Hapa_Fodder  answer me this:  If passive play = Loss, then explain how Secondary and Close Combat warfare got nerf'd to the point it isn't viable?  How secondary build now are ineffective.....which means, all of the those secondary gun mounts might as well be erased from the models............  Don't get me started on what your team has done to the rest of surface warfare "choices" that aren't really choices that improve near to medium range surface warfare.....they degrade it into passive game play because your team made it so !

So choices = degraded performance and a higher cost and then, you'd say something as inane as that ^^^^^.....    Obtuse and status quo changes = LOSS........

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,629 posts
19,468 battles
52 minutes ago, J0nk said:

Capture.PNG

Need to spread the map out for subs.

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,360 posts
15,548 battles

Trying to shame the shameless isn't going to get far. WG has a long, proud history of ignoring player feedback when the feedback doesn't tell them what they want to hear.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[TNG]
Members
561 posts
13,167 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Need to spread the map out for subs.

Don't forget the back line deadeye sniping BBs are wonderful CV food.

Members
1,244 posts

your not going to tell a bb how to play their ship....and no rework is going to change that....what you need to understand is this >>>>

all bbs are meant to be played differently....you have brawling ones sniping ones...ones that burn everything in sight ones that couldnt start a fire even if it hit a dead wood ship...fast ones slow ones ....some are somewhat accurate and some that couldnt hit water with a shell even if it dropped off the ship..add in the fact that every player is different and learning to play new bbs ..finding out this bb doesnt play like that bb ..ect ect...there is no need for a bb to be within 10 km of any other type ship....

and personally i like when an enemy dd or cl make their way thru the offensive line and want to do a one on one thing ..

so basically good bb players dont care if anybody likes the way we play .

but what good bb players do want are good dd and cl players so we could move up some ...until then build a bridge and get over it 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[46856]
Members
2,260 posts
45 minutes ago, AmgenTTV said:

Wargaming Devs at work Circa 2021 

dd66cd0bd6.png

More like this now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-26%20at%2012.51.

Edited by Chain_shot

[FRR]
Members
1,069 posts
18,736 battles
1 hour ago, J0nk said:

Capture.PNG

HAHAHAHAHA! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks a lot for @J0nk for bringing this up!

Members
97 posts
8,481 battles
11 minutes ago, arch4random said:

personally i like when an enemy dd or cl make their way thru the offensive line and want to do a one on one thing

You realize there's basically no such thing as a proper 1v1, right?

12 minutes ago, arch4random said:

all bbs are meant to be played differently

Yes, but the skill rework has functionally destroyed variety when it comes to BBs and their builds, unless you want to be thoroughly gimped. 

13 minutes ago, arch4random said:

so basically good bb players dont care if anybody likes the way we play .

but what good bb players do want are good dd and cl players so we could move up some

Those two statements aren't really as compatible as you think.  Good BB play will show regardless of the support or lack thereof. It's the bad ones that tend to have problems because they pushed too aggressively, or positioned themselves where they don't have a good shot at anyone, or where they're alone with a DD, or where they're perma spotted by a DD and farmed (all instances where you would want the proverbial dd or cruiser to push forward).  Good BB players understand that overmatch mechanics basically prevent cruisers (outside of a select few) from being overly aggressive, and because you that it prevents a lot of DDs from being aggressive into the other team as well. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
455 posts
1 hour ago, J0nk said:

Capture.PNG

WOW is not interested in making the game better.

WOW is interested in making the game more profitable.

The End.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,153 posts
2,229 battles

Hey I like how i can get 10.8 (10.6?) km secondaries on my Georgia now, instead of just 9.0 km (since I didn’t have the points for AFT)

managed to hold off a flank alone against two other Georgia’s and a broadside thunderer, 121k damage before going down

Edited by Boomer625
  • Thanks 1

Members
519 posts
931 battles
3 hours ago, arch4random said:

but what good bb players do want are good dd and cl players so we could move up some ...until then build a bridge and get over it 

I can count the amount of Good BB players I get when not in a div with one on my finger....

I played 1 game yesterday. It was long and boring. I capped the middle alone as no BB's or cruisers wanted to even try and get close to the caps. I killed 2 DD's as they were the ONLY thing that dared tried to play the objective, then it was 5 minutes of chasing 4 BB's that were still at the back of the map until we won on points. They finished the game with 4 BB's left and about 150k still in their team. 

Welcome to the new meta. Even more passive BB play where it's rewards you individual ly for it but doesn't benefit the team.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
103 posts
14,003 battles

Semi-jokingly, my rule of thumb for BB play is, if you end the game with more than 3/4 of your health, you're doing it wrong! So many people seem to think the goal is to not lose any health, rather than to trade that health wisely for damage, position, and points. BBs have huge health pools and good repair/damage control. 80,000 HP isn't doing its job if you end the game with 79,000, in general.

• Cool 3

[NSEW]
Members
2,616 posts
12,116 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Don't get me started on what your team

Correct me if I'm wrong.  Isn't @Hapa_Fodder a CC? Meaning he is not a paid employee working within the WG proper.  The only team I can associate with his station are other CC's.  

The most he can do, is ask WG. WG gets back to him (or directly puts out an all out notice), then he gets back to you via the forum.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[AZERO]
Beta Testers
27 posts
12,332 battles

it really comes down to them flat out refusing to play test the rework to the surprise of nobody familiar with them ignoring any and all feedback for over 3 years now.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1