You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rokkator

Agincourt coming to WoWS!

62 comments in this topic

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles

Just about 15 minutes ago on the Waterline Q&A devblog it was mentioned that the HMS Agincourt "turret farm" will be coming to WoWS soon (tm). 

I wasn't able to grab a screenshot of the ship, but she looked great!

If I remember correctly, she is going to be T5.

Edited by Rokkator
  • Boring 1

[DRAH]
Members
463 posts
11,350 battles

I can see her fitting at T5. 14 x 305 guns, light armour and speed about 23k. Expect her to have the turning circle of a small planet though as she is so long and thin. Also expect to have to expose a LOT of broadside because of how her turrets are set.

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles

theyre finally adding the Agincourt? this day just keeps getting better and better, first i learn that theyre buffing the German secondarys base accuracy to make up for the skill rework, now this, i must be dreaming, nothing this good in this amount EVER happens in WOWS

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
47 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i must be dreaming, nothing this good in this amount EVER happens in WOWS

Just wait until they announce a full FDR-esque USN alternate CV line later today.:Smile-_tongue:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

One really big problem for tier five, it has less AA than the Viribus Unitis and sees quite a bit of CV action. If they give her a post war AA refit that raises the question of why they didn't do the same for the VB as Skoda came up with a dual purpose mount for the 7 cm K10 in 1915, actual size of 68mm and the same size as the three AA guns she now has, anti-torpedo boat guns of which she has 12. 

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles
Just now, Rokkator said:

Just wait until they announce a full FDR-esque USN alternate CV line later today.:Smile-_tongue:

ahahaha

1237917779613a.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[NONE]
Members
4,082 posts
12,626 battles

I'm tempering my enthusiasm about Agincourt until I see the model. If they muck it up like Iron Duke I'll be very disappointed. Hypothetical "modernizations" leave me cold, especially since the true-to-life artwork on other dreadnoughts like Arizona, Oklahoma, etc. is beautiful. The Gin Palace in her original rig with both tripods and the flying boat decks was a handsome ship.

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles
6 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

I'm tempering my enthusiasm about Agincourt until I see the model. If they muck it up like Iron Duke I'll be very disappointed. Hypothetical "modernizations" leave me cold, especially since the true-to-life artwork on other dreadnoughts like Arizona, Oklahoma, etc. is beautiful. The Gin Palace in her original rig with both tripods and the flying boat decks was a handsome ship.

then behold my good fellow

phpKAGDne

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[NONE]
Members
4,082 posts
12,626 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

phpKAGDne

Not quite "as built", built I'll take it! Looks like roughly 1916-ish before the main mast was removed but the flying boat decks above P and Q turrets are already gone.

Thank God they left the funnels alone. I still grumble about poor Iron Duke.

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles
1 minute ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Not quite "as built", built I'll take it! Looks like roughly 1916-ish before the main mast was removed but the flying boat decks above P and Q turrets are already gone.

plus that camo is pretty stylish as well

[-BCO-]
Members
3,026 posts
5,380 battles

Brr.....

Beta Testers
109 posts
8,070 battles

Finally! Bout time my favorite first world war BB made its way to the game. I just hope its not stuck behind some kind of major wall. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,550 posts
6,999 battles

looks like a Nike shoe if you ask me...

Members
173 posts
12,057 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

looks like a Nike shoe if you ask me...

It does look like some slightly garish footwear from the 80s and 90s... 

Funny, since she's not known for speed.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,267 posts
27,038 battles
20 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

phpKAGDne

For the purpose of the game, it's going to show a lot of broadside to use those guns.  It looks like it can present at a conservative angle 3 of the turrets for 6 guns.  The temptation is to show more broadside to fire more, because a 6 gun salvo is not going to cut it.

Still, according to the stats stuff in bold as emphasis by me:

Spoiler

British battleship Agincourt, tier V
Hit points – 48,400. Plating - 19 mm.
Main battery - 7x2 305 mm. Firing range - 15.3 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4,400. Chance to cause fire – 32%. HE initial velocity - 831 m/s. Maximum AP shell damage - 8,800. AP initial velocity - 831 m/s. Reload time - 36.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 45.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 213 m. Sigma – 1.80.

Secondary Armament:
10x1 76.0 mm, range  - 5.5 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 1,100. Chance to cause fire – 4%. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s
20x1 152.0 mm, range  - 5.5 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 2,200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. HE initial velocity - 914 m/s

Maximum speed - 22.0 kt. Turning circle radius - 670 m. Rudder shift time – 13.4 s. Surface detectability – 12.2 km. Air detectability – 8.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke  – 9.3 km.

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Repair Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Just some things that immediately jumped to me, I haven't done a full stat by stat comparison yet:

Gun range is alarmingly short for a Tier V BB that is going to see plenty of Tier VII.  15.3km.

No upgrade to increase range.

No Spotting Aircraft.

Slow 36 seconds reload.  Slow Reloading BBs are now WG's thing.

However, she is pretty stealthy, 12.2km surface detection with nothing on her is actually really good for a Battleship.

AA is nonexistent.

She's very slow though at 22kts, which is in the ballpark of Battleships of her generation.

For a contrast is Tier V tech tree RN BB Iron Duke.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[G-4W]
Members
226 posts
7,896 battles
14 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

What’s up with that camo. It screams 1980s haha

[TFFOX]
Members
1,136 posts
4,378 battles

Eh? who wanted to make a floating shoe? 

Just kidding, i'm actually rather excited

[-ARM-]
Members
20 posts
26,938 battles

I see this camo and think of Brazil. There also seems to be a lot of Brazilian content coming out. I wonder if there will be a Brazilian clone a la Boise/ Nueve de Julio.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,699 posts
19,788 battles
12 minutes ago, Argosknot_5 said:

I wonder if there will be a Brazilian clone a la Boise/ Nueve de Julio.

Hopefully not. Brazil defaulted on her long before she was ready. If any nation has a claim on her besides Britain, it's Turkey (in which case the non-British clone will become an EU battleship).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,650 battles
7 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

first i learn that theyre buffing the German secondarys base accuracy to make up for the skill rework...

What??? :) Where is that?

[VVV]
Members
2,988 posts
5,065 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hopefully not. Brazil defaulted on her long before she was ready. If any nation has a claim on her besides Britain, it's Turkey (in which case the non-British clone will become an EU battleship).

In theory they could do a triple clone with Rio de Janeiro/Sultan Osman-I Evvel/Agincourt. But that'd be a bit much. Plus I'd like to see the Rio de Janeiro name kept in reserve for a Pan-American BB line (yes, really).

8 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

phpKAGDne

She looks pretty accurate (though I'd prefer a more subdued permacamo for a WW1 dreadnought). Ironically the only thing I can see wrong is she doesn't have any AA at all, when I'm pretty sure she ought to be carrying a pair of 12-pdr 20cwt QF HA Mk I for at least token AA defense.

Edited by Lord_Magus

[SALVO]
Members
9,550 posts
6,999 battles
2 hours ago, Argosknot_5 said:

I see this camo and think of Brazil. There also seems to be a lot of Brazilian content coming out. 

If by a lot of "content" you mean a Gallant clone with Happy Meal Toy permacamo...  :Smile_sceptic:

[LF]
Members
283 posts
2 hours ago, Argosknot_5 said:

I see this camo and think of Brazil. There also seems to be a lot of Brazilian content coming out. I wonder if there will be a Brazilian clone a la Boise/ Nueve de Julio.

I think that is very appropriate even if Brazil defaulted on the project. I always think of it as a record holding battleship that was built for Brazil's navy to top the South American arms race.