You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xTheCanadianx

Oh hell no!

22 comments in this topic

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,993 posts
21,888 battles

Someone on Fb suggested these be added to the game.  Please find your nearest confession booth and go admit your sins.  These things were a bane in bsp, a bane, every skill-less twit and his mother were using these to get the jet fighters.

I admit i was using them to pick on a certain cruiser in that game named HNLMS De Ruyter ( to be fair it was a rolling target tub)

Please dont give these guys ideas,  last thing we need is aerial single blaps... can u imagine one of these hitting a Minotaur? (I'm kinda laughing inside at the idea tbh)

with that said. signed a ohka player for bsp, this idea is bad, and the person who thought it, should really feel bad.

138476315_10161252144609896_4258337395431728088_n.jpg.98a3df2c70685ae0404cf42dc36740de.jpg

Edited by xTheCanadianx
  • Funny 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts

They do not promote any type of human bombs (aircraft or otherwise) in this game. You're safe. No divine wind stuff here. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

Members
399 posts
7,373 battles
1 hour ago, xTheCanadianx said:

Someone on Fb suggested these be added to the game.  Please find your nearest confession booth and go admit your sins.  These things were a bane in bsp, a bane, every skill-less twit and his mother were using these to get the jet fighters.

I admit i was using them to pick on a certain cruiser in that game named HNLMS De Ruyter ( to be fair it was a rolling target tub)

Please dont give these guys ideas,  last thing we need is aerial single blaps... can u imagine one of these hitting a Minotaur? (I'm kinda laughing inside at the idea tbh)

with that said. signed a ohka player for bsp, this idea is bad, and the person who thought it, should really feel bad.

138476315_10161252144609896_4258337395431728088_n.jpg.98a3df2c70685ae0404cf42dc36740de.jpg

if WG think it will help populate the CV player base they will add it for sure 200% :cap_like:  would love to see it too but i prefer to see kamikaze planes first.

Edited by 9TenSix2Eight

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,977 posts
22,082 battles

As the war went on, radar control became the norm for the 5"/38cal mounts. Mated to vessels such as the Atlanta-class light cruiser, with its eight twin turrets and designed specifically for AA use (compare to the Iowa-class battleship's 10 twin 5" turrets... on a hull with nearly eight times the displacement), it began to become suicidal to attack a USN task force.

Then came the creation of the "VT", or proximity, fuze. Essentially a small radar unit in the nose of a shell that told the round to explode when it came close to an airplane, the VT fuse changed the AA game forever. Instead of requiring a direct hit to explode, or a fuse set for a certain altitude (with no guarantee that the target will fly at that height), now a round could go off nearby a target and cause some damage... perhaps even enough to kill the plane. The US Navy found that it would take about 1000 5" rounds to shoot down a plane using time fused shells. It took around 250 using VT shells. Please note that the 5"/38cal could fire, in good conditions, around 15 rounds/minute. That means, in theory, an Atlanta-class and their 16 guns could fire 250 rounds in just over one minute. It had an effective range of about eight miles in the AA role.

By the end of the war, the use of kamikaze actually made numerical sense against the wall of anti-aircraft and fighter opposition. The Japanese calculated that to score 12 hits using conventional attack methods, you needed to send 300 planes out, and you would lose 220 of them. With kamikaze, 60 planes would be needed for the same 12 hits.

Every attack on a naval vessel, US or Japanese, by aircraft ran a risk of being knocked down by anti-aircraft. Even at the very end, US planes were being shot down by AAA fire. It was just more likely to happen to a Japanese plane attacking an American ship than the other way around.
Source: Pacific War Online

Add to the fact when Kamikaze attacks happened there were were designated CAP to support the zone the ships were in. Until AA is solved by WG from the CV rework, this is a very bad idea. This is not arcade game play.

World War 2 Anti-Aircraft Guns - Enforcing the No-Fly Zone

Antiaircraft guns fire as Japanese planes attack US Navy ships in the Pacific Oce...HD Stock Footage

United States ships fire AA (Anti Aircraft) guns at Japanese Kamikaze airplane in...HD Stock Footage

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I agree with @Herr_Reitz, this would cause the advisory level to get raised.  This would also cause a lot of unnecessary controversy.

Like flags cause...and why WG won't do Era flags because if it.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,136 posts
4,359 battles
3 hours ago, xTheCanadianx said:

NOPE NOPE NOOOOPE. 

[SALVO]
Members
9,489 posts
6,975 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

They do not promote any type of human bombs (aircraft or otherwise) in this game. You're safe. 

2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I agree with @Herr_Reitz, this would cause the advisory level to get raised.  This would also cause a lot of unnecessary controversy.

Yet we already have ramming mechanics and nobody blinks about it...  why is it so different to ram in a ship and ram in a plane from a moral perspective? (not talking game balance here)

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Yet we already have ramming mechanics and nobody blinks about it...  why is it so different to ram in a ship and ram in a plane from a moral perspective? (not talking game balance here)

Because ramming a ship with another ship (IRL) isn't purposely taking your own life.

Also, ships are bound to run into each other, without some silly and unintuitive mechanic added. To prevent planes from ramming ships, nothing need be done 

Edited by Skpstr

[SALVO]
Members
9,489 posts
6,975 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Because ramming a ship with another ship (IRL) isn't purposely taking your own life.

Almost always there's some casualties IRL, and usually far more numerous than a single pilot aircraft... and in game the ship goes Boom with all hands lost. Tho, it was more of a rhetoric question than a serious statement.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Almost always there's some casualties IRL, and usually far more numerous than a single pilot aircraft... and in game the ship goes Boom with all hands lost. Tho, it was more of a rhetoric question than a serious statement.

It's about deliberately taking your own life, not death in general.

It's all rhetorical here! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,082 posts
9 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

They do not promote any type of human bombs (aircraft or otherwise) in this game. You're safe. No divine wind stuff here. 

Agreed,. Those Bakas (Idiots... english name for the rockets manned) are never going to be in Wows.

I already delete Minos anyway in one salvo depending on situation. And I delete giant Battleships in a spread of torps which is plenty.

Even if we had them its going to turn into a farming. No ship here in game has the AA to hold these Bakas off.

Members
305 posts
1,531 battles

There’s already a Kamikaze in the game, and that one’s enough trouble as it is.

• Funny 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,087 posts
2,429 battles

The Cherry blossom aka Ohka was made for sole purpose of been a rocket kamikaze aircraft :Smile_hiding: Empire of Japan try everything including kamikaze too stop U.S juggernaut in the pacific :Smile_sceptic: So a CV with cherry blossom planes with be stupid and pointless to say the least :Smile_teethhappy: Whoever suggests this is quite frankly dumb and ignorant of WW2 aviation history :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,082 posts

Actually the Baka was carried to the American Fleet by a two engined Bomber big enough to take the weight. At some distance prior to entering serious AA the thing will be released and the human in the Baka will have a few moments to stablize his rocket dive onto some American Ship of great value. Preferably a carrier.

To wit the Kamikaze imposed against the Americans created a situation where people wanted to live very much against people who were able to essentially take the whole ship with them to the other side. To explain would exceed the limits of this post. What it did do was cause the Empire of Japan to horde some 6000 various aircraft for homeland when the Operation Olympic scheduled for late 1945 into 1947 would have reached the Japanese Homeland with a couple million the first wave and millions more being rushed across two oceans and one USA by train east to west from Europe to reinforce asap.

The expected casualties from such a invasion were on a scale then that cannot be conceived. One evidence is that Purple Hearts forged in world war two in mass quantity are being used to award modern US Servicemen hurt in war today. We have not yet run out of those stocks. One can argue that the Atomic Bombs saved many millions on both sides and prevented more war grinding possibly into the mid 50's time period.

Members
1,024 posts
11 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It's about deliberately taking your own life, not death in general.

It's all rhetorical here! :Smile_teethhappy:

Simulate killing hundreds of people:  OK

Simulate snuffing yourself out:  NOT OK

[MEME]
Beta Testers
199 posts
4,131 battles
20 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

have you seen the bots?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
1 hour ago, CatinHat said:

have you seen the bots?

Why yes I have. In fact, if you back a few years ago, you'll find I was appointed by the Great Blasto as an official bot representative. Yup.

Unless they changed the formulation at the factory, the bots are not humans - but just machines that fit into the human work environments. :cap_like:

Members
1,701 posts
2,065 battles
On 1/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

No divine wind stuff here. 

Uh...Kamikaze R - Warships detailed statistics - WoWS Stats & Numbers - EUPretty sure this is called the Divine Wind R.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
5 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Simulate killing hundreds of people:  OK

Simulate snuffing yourself out:  NOT OK

Exactly.

I find it kind of odd too, but a gaming forum isn't where changing an embedded societal outlook begins.

Although, TBH, there's a couple buildings that don't exist in NYC because certain people didn't make the distinction.