You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Are you on target to complete Hizen on time?

207 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles

Are you even trying to play through the DY missions to complete her?

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Meh 6

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Are you even trying to play through the DY missions to complete her?

no

I am ignoring the HIzen event, because I don't want to get burnt out on silly "kill 75 chickens and 25 goblin" style missions, nor do I think the intermediate prizes worth spending time on. Will I spend cash to complete the event? Not very likely either.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Not even close and not even paying attention to what ships will best advance it, far too much hard grinding for me to make it worthwhile for me.

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

Pass; Hizen doesn't offer anything interesting in my books and Strasbourg, an actual historical ship requires a fraction of the effort.

Yahagi is where my DY route ends.

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,529 posts
18,431 battles

Currently doing dd mission (done all the required mission one to get to the 25 mark, now just the last one) with the fire and flooding in conjunction with the campaign missions for the Stras, shooting 2 birds (actually also select the other campaign mission as well but need the Stras to get it start) with 1 arrow; win win for me.

[-ARM-]
Members
70 posts
6,311 battles

Not at all of interest.  Far to much effort for nothing interesting.... well the Touchy Banana is pretty interesting in that it's fun and not trying to out super-weapon/upgrade the next player.

[WORX]
Members
14,296 posts
20,867 battles

No.. But I had my reasons.

After doing analytical work on the current pandemic... I purposely went on a technology purgatory for a good month. Now that I have my sanity cleared/intact of numbers and any other drama (I missed the "cavalry charge" to the capital and any other news in Dec and parts of Jan.)

I came back a little too late to even try to finish the campaigns.

On the good news front, I am less insane today then I was a month ago.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-BMV-]
Members
579 posts
21,583 battles

Finished it last night, wanted a new command for my Shirakami Fubuki captain. Took Hizen for a spin on co-op but still can't say much on her performance (battle was really meh). Currently finishing the Strasbourg Campaign to get my 9500 doubloons back after buying Strasbourg.

Personally, i like the look of the ship, i find her very beautiful.

1481291283_WorldofWarships13-01-202118_50_08.thumb.png.6878d3207339dba804218e9665720e98.png

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles

Been concentrating on the Strasbourg campaign, but am up to the current mission tasks.  Even without focusing on the tasks, I've completed 4 of the minimum 6, and have over half the DD, and cruiser requirements.

[ONE]
Members
372 posts

Yes, I finished this week's set of ops this afternoon, now just have to wait five days for the next set to open up.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,337 posts
12,053 battles

No. I made the decision before 0.9.12 dropped that she doesn’t offer anything unique to my port and is not worth 7800 doubloons (or 5k doubloons with the starter pack) on top of the grind. I’ll play to earn Yahagi, maybe earn the tier IX camo, but that is where my grind ends.

Edited by Nevermore135

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles
37 minutes ago, HonniSoitQuiMalYPense said:

no

I am ignoring the HIzen event, because I don't want to get burnt out on silly "kill 75 chickens and 25 goblin" style missions, nor do I think the intermediate prizes worth spending time on. Will I spend cash to complete the event? Not very likely either.

So these are "kill 75 chickens and 25 goblin" style missions? Doing literally what you do for just playing normally?

So if this is the case, do you just not do anything when you join battle? Because these things are literally done just by playing, not even trying for them....

-Hapa

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 5

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles

Hardly. It isn't easy to get enough battles in when compu, updates and ISP crap happens so often along with the port quitting responding forcing the game to close and wait a few minutes on the forum to try again.

I started play before 430 am 12 hours ago and haven't gotten 12 battles in yet due to all of the above. One Windows 10 update took 6 hours to DL, install and restart compu to complete it!

So no completing anything at this rate is doubtful. 

• Boring 2

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles
1 minute ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

Hardly. It isn't easy to get enough battles in when compu, updates and ISP crap happens so often along with the port quitting responding forcing the game to close and wait a few minutes on the forum to try again.

I started play before 430 am 12 hours ago and haven't gotten 12 battles in yet due to all of the above. One Windows 10 update took 6 hours to DL, install and restart compu to complete it!

So no completing anything at this rate is doubtful. 

Have you posted in this section?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/266-game-support-and-bug-reporting/

Have you run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket in to at least troubleshoot if there are any game client issues?

-Hapa

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Because these things are literally done just by playing, not even trying for them.

Sure if glitches I state above stay away allowing play at a reasonable pace.

• Boring 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So these are "kill 75 chickens and 25 goblin" style missions? Doing literally what you do for just playing normally?

So if this is the case, do you just not do anything when you join battle? Because these things are literally done just by playing, not even trying for them....

-Hapa

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

The missions require a player to play specific ship types. Which is fine, but recieving X amount of potential dmg in a bb interests me about as much as killing 100 goblins with my Death Knight. Some are fine with that, good for them, and I am happy for those that are. But this doesn't interest me. My progress stalled after unlocking the 4th stage some weeks ago. (probably because I haven't been playing a specific ship type). I don't feel motivated by the potential rewards to devote time and energy to jumping through the hoops in the correct order.

• Thanks 3

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

if there are any game client issues?

The only one appears to be heat. The game in particular the port quits responding. Exiting for a few minutes and reentering allows a few more battles then repeat the break. My compu is on a 5 fan cooling stand running top speed. This is the only thing I run that does this. I can have twitch, MSN and Facebook running for hours at night with no problems.

• Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
4 minutes ago, HonniSoitQuiMalYPense said:

I don't feel motivated by the potential rewards to devote time and energy to jumping through the hoops in the correct order.

Yea and what he said too.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles
7 minutes ago, HonniSoitQuiMalYPense said:

The missions require a player to play specific ship types. Which is fine, but recieving X amount of potential dmg in a bb interests me about as much as killing 100 goblins with my Death Knight. Some are fine with that, good for them, and I am happy for those that are. But this doesn't interest me. My progress stalled after unlocking the 4th stage some weeks ago. (probably because I haven't been playing a specific ship type). I don't feel motivated by the potential rewards to devote time and energy to jumping through the hoops in the correct order.

4 of the 6 missions I showed in my screenshots require ANY ship from tier V-X in Random, Ranked or COOP....

Also the 4th stage unlocked on Monday, how did you unlock it some weeks ago?

Since the highest potential is most usually gained in BBs (as it is their job to tank for the team) that makes perfect sense to have a BB be a potential damage battle.

So there are literally missions for EVERY SINGLE class, where all you have to do is play... BB main? Cool potential damage or citadels (prior mission chain), Cruiser main? Cool spotting, or fire. DD main? Cool Fire or flooding.

Point being, you can clear these just by playing... I am a VERY casual player and I have been moving through these missions fairly easy, without directing attention and focusing directly on what I need to do.

Capture.JPG

I only play maybe 5-6 battles a day on average also...

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,013 posts

Bought it clear with cash day one.

Currently on Forth Mission Group with 200 cruiser set fires, spot and flood ribbon goal. That would make it the 6th completed for series for next stage and steel plus RB points.

If completed tonight I think it will be 4 days before part 5 of dockyard opens up. Ranked out of silver and qual'd for gold with a 4 day wait for new sprint to begin.

I did complete 6 stages before paying the cash to get the next 20 done and Hizen etc. So the combat missions is a form of farming steel and RB points.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,422 battles
11 minutes ago, HonniSoitQuiMalYPense said:

This, plus didn’t finish snowflakes until last night, which kind of precludes grinding type specific tasks.

Also; can I laugh at the stupid amounts of potential damage in a couple of the tasks? 21mil for cruisers and 38.5mil for battleships.

Sorry, but I’m not some tip-toe through the tulips WoWs Fred Astaire, dodging damage and racking up millions of PD per game like it’s nothing.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
864 posts
14,543 battles

To be honest I don't even know how much I have or have not completed. The one or two times I've ever looked at the dockyard thing I got to watch the the spark spin, listening to some weird scratchy record hissing and popping background noises while it tries to loaded in. I can knock a snowflake off to make better use of what little play time I have then to deal with all that. I'll wait till the last days to go in and look to see if I need to click , double click on anything to earn the reward I wonder if WG realizes I would of bought the thing outright but to get all the good perks for spending I'd still had to grind, grind, grind to get them.  

Oh well! WGs loss and my fat pocket. 

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
8,983 battles

For some reason, I thought Hizen was an hybrid ship and I was kind of interested in getting her, so I bought the initial phases for 5K doubloons. Then, I discovered it is just a normal ship and lost interest. On top of that, the rigged containers are not appealing anymore. I am just playing normally. If it complete the phases, fine. But I am not going out of my way to complete it.