Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

Yahagi for gold? (Solved thx)

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
663 posts
12,534 battles

I was thinking about getting the yahagi early and use the gold I get from getting it twice on something else. Is the gold return transactional or not a good exchange?

Edited by Drifter_X

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,830 posts
22,720 battles

Unless you can use a 25% off coupon, it's not really worth it. It's a fun boat, it is the only ijn cruiser with speed boost. Torpedoes are long range, but the firing angles are tiny (broadside). The guns are slow firing as well.

I would say just grind to the 15th stage and get it for free, it's not worth spending money on unless you plan on going all the way to Hizen.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,858 posts
21,047 battles

Yahagi is definitely an "I love a challenge" type of ship. It has a couple of good points but even more bad ones you have to work around. Getting it early does not sound worthwhile, even if you could make a few gold with a coupon.

[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles
Just now, Drifter_X said:

whoops i mean if i buy it then get it again for gold is it worth it?

Why in the world would you buy it now just to get the doubloons later? Having the Yahagi isn’t a requirement for any missions or campaigns. If you want the Yahagi for free, just grind it out through the dockyard. If you want doubloons, buy them. There’s no reason to connect the two unless you’re that desperate to spend an Armory coupon. 

[WOLF3]
Members
663 posts
12,534 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Why in the world would you buy it now just to get the doubloons later? Having the Yahagi isn’t a requirement for any missions or campaigns. If you want the Yahagi for free, just grind it out through the dockyard. If you want doubloons, buy them. There’s no reason to connect the two unless you’re that desperate to spend an Armory coupon. 

Your right, i dont know why i thought that was a good idea. I have changed the title to solved.

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
513 posts
27,395 battles
37 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

I was thinking about getting the yahagi early and use the gold I get from getting it twice on something else. Is the gold return transactional or not a good exchange?

What people have done: spent 3225 (after 25% coupon) on her, then get back compensation of 4000 + 1 port + 1 perm camo + 1 commander when collecting reward from stage 15 of dockyard.  

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Well, I don't spend any money on the game, so I ended up with 4k dubs from a free Mega Crate (Twitch Prime mission) bought Yahagi for dubs with 25% off coupon, once I hit stage 15, I'll make a 700 doubloon profit, and adding in some doubloon drops from other Santa crates, plus 1100 dubs coming with the skill rework, will give me enough dubs to trade up for a Munchen or Scharnhorst.

[SIMP]
Members
1,704 posts
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

....plus 1100 dubs coming with the skill rework....

Where are these coming from? I hadn't heard there were doubloons tied to the skill rework.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,373 posts
14,897 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

Where are these coming from? I hadn't heard there were doubloons tied to the skill rework.

There’s supposed to be a set of missions that will give doubloons for each part/stage, to cover the already significantly reduced retraining cost for moving commanders during 10.0. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this