You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.1, the "Italian battleships" event, Clan Battles, updated Brawls, and other news.

45 comments in this topic

[USN]
Members
1,747 posts
21,972 battles

The Roman Camo looks pretty cool

the Legion camo looks like one of the ugliest event camos they’ve put out, yet I love it

Clan battles at T9: the good: No CVs. The bad: just about every ship that will be a top contender is premium, and about half of them are removed from sale premiums

For someone like me who already has DM’s Made of Steel camo, what is my compensation seeing it’s about to be replaced?

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
319 posts
10,323 battles
Just now, tfcas119 said:

For someone like me who already has DM’s Made of Steel camo, what is my compensation seeing it’s about to be replaced?

Sounds like there is no compensation, its just turned into the equivalent of one of the Epochs camos, new year camos, but it'll be applied to the boat already since you used it as it'll be a style :o

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

So a ship line with exhaust smoke, in combination with a skill that reduces dispersion if undetected. 

And that's our daily dose of powercreep.

• Meh 1

[OMH]
Members
160 posts
4,811 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

So a ship line with exhaust smoke, in combination with a skill that reduces dispersion if undetected. 

And that's our daily dose of powercreep.

As usual, always negative people, now they have Italian bias people will start to say, unreal.

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles
9 minutes ago, Itsj_p said:

As usual, always negative people, now they have Italian bias people will start to say, unreal.

I don't have anything against Italian ships; what I don't like is the capability of a BB to get within 10km undetected in it's own smoke and blap me with -10% dispersion be it with SAP or AP.

Edited by warheart1992

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles

Italian BBs look interesting, but I'll wait until they actually arrive in port to see the finished product.

Tier 9 clan battles:  I suspect there is going to be a restriction on Musashi, and possibly Alaska (b), Kronshtadt, and Azuma.  No CVs

[KRAB]
Members
928 posts
7,402 battles

So instead of balancing the game properly they are going to ban ships from CB. 

How about just ban all premium ships from clan battles. Steel/Coal and Tech Tree Ships can be nerfed as needed so they can fit into the meta better. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[_DOS_]
Members
459 posts
3,648 battles

I've been saving up XP for the Italian BB line. Hopefully, they don't disappoint. 

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles

I am interested in Italian BBs, but the balancing act for SAP may make them dreadful to play (we just had a line with slow reloading guns).

[CAAT]
Members
2,324 posts
5,369 battles
  • Unique Dasha Perova commanders for Italian and European ships were added

Yay!! I actually really wanted a Dasha commander for my Italian and European ships, so this is nice! ~-~º(^_^)ºv~-~

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
307 posts
11,052 battles
  • The matchmaker tries to pick enemies close to your level of play.

In regards to a bulletin specific to Brawl, does World of Warships actually have ELO rankings of players that aren't published? If so, can there be anything shared on how it is used in the random matchmaker queues or elsewhere in the game? Can there be any expansion on what this is supposed to mean, or do I have to accept this on blindfaith that this is used only for an upcoming Brawl session?

image.thumb.png.7af35aa019c74023d3fd0234ad7fd6c6.png

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
7 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

So instead of balancing the game properly they are going to ban ships from CB. 

How about just ban all premium ships from clan battles. Steel/Coal and Tech Tree Ships can be nerfed as needed so they can fit into the meta better. 

Absolutely, positively NOT on banning non-tech tree ships from CBs.  People paid good money, coal, steel, whatever for those ships and have every right to play them.

As for balancing, I think that there's an issue with balancing around exactly what and how they trying to balance ships.  And what the end goal of this balance actually is.

For example, I look at tier 10 DDs and it feels like they're very poorly balanced against each other.  How often do we see DDs like the Z-52 or Yueyang in CBs, for example?  Or looked at in a different lens, Klebers seem very bad in CB when CVs are present due to their terrible concealment.  The same could be said for the Somers, but at least it's a stealthy torp boat that actively tries to avoid contact with CVs, while the Kleber is pretty much firing off a "here I am!" signal rocket whenever they do normal Kleber things, like firing their guns.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
48 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

what is my compensation seeing it’s about to be replaced?

Why should you have compensation?  From my reading, it's being replaced by the same camo.

I like the ship ban mechanism, but I'm not going to argue about it.

Edited by iDuckman

[QQ7]
Members
33 posts
8,617 battles

I’ll leave my German DD review here now that we can see the stats.

Firstly holy crap that HP pool 34.4K HP with SE if I calculate right, that’s a chunky boy. It’s good that the commander rework DD skills affect guns over 139mm now because without the new skills this line would be massively underpowered. With an ideal ideal build it looks like a reload in the high 5 seconds area with a range of just under 15km. The low HE alpha would be concerning but the better AP and really fast shells going at 960mps are going to allow for high accuracy. The better armor will be useful but the size and slow speed could be concerning in certain situations.

@Hapa_Fodder I’m assuming that these DD’s get the same baked in IFHE pen that all other German ships get since the dev-blog did not mention the HE pen. Otherwise the low HE alpha is very concerning with only standard 150mm gun pen

Overall these DD’s massive HP pool makes them seem to be excellent trainers for less forgiving lines like the French DD’s, Marceau and Smaland. How they will do in a cruiser hunting role will be interesting.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
36 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I don't have anything against Italian ships; what I don't like is the capability of a BB to get within 10km undetected in it's own smoke and blap me with -10% dispersion be it with SAP or AP.

This brings up an interesting captain skill question.  Is the BB skill that gives a -10% dispersion buff affected by smoke?  That is, say that a smoke using Italian BB has a normal concealment of 12 km.  And when it's not using that smoke, the skill in question would only activate above 12 km when one isn't affected by the gun bloom penalty.  But what if that same It. BB has its exhaust smoke  active.  Will the active smoke reduce activation range for that BB skill in question?

@Hapa_Fodder  Hapa, could you shed some light on this question?

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
8 minutes ago, Gentleman_Walrus said:

I’ll leave my German DD review here now that we can see the stats.

Firstly holy crap that HP pool 34.4K HP with SE if I calculate right, that’s a chunky boy. It’s good that the commander rework DD skills affect guns over 139mm now because without the new skills this line would be massively underpowered. With an ideal ideal build it looks like a reload in the high 5 seconds area with a range of just under 15km. The low HE alpha would be concerning but the better AP and really fast shells going at 960mps are going to allow for high accuracy. The better armor will be useful but the size and slow speed could be concerning in certain situations.

@Hapa_Fodder I’m assuming that these DD’s get the same baked in IFHE pen that all other German ships get since the dev-blog did not mention the HE pen. Otherwise the low HE alpha is very concerning with only standard 150mm gun pen

Overall these DD’s massive HP pool makes them seem to be excellent trainers for less forgiving lines like the French DD’s, Marceau and Smaland. How they will do in a cruiser hunting role will be interesting.

Walrus, have you seen some  stats on these new German DDs somewhere?

[_DOS_]
Members
459 posts
3,648 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Absolutely, positively NOT on banning non-tech tree ships from CBs.  People paid good money, coal, steel, whatever for those ships and have every right to play them.

As for balancing, I think that there's an issue with balancing around exactly what and how they trying to balance ships.  And what the end goal of this balance actually is.

For example, I look at tier 10 DDs and it feels like they're very poorly balanced against each other.  How often do we see DDs like the Z-52 or Yueyang in CBs, for example?  Or looked at in a different lens, Klebers seem very bad in CB when CVs are present due to their terrible concealment.  The same could be said for the Somers, but at least it's a stealthy torp boat that actively tries to avoid contact with CVs, while the Kleber is pretty much firing off a "here I am!" signal rocket whenever they do normal Kleber things, like firing their guns.

I just spent two years of on and off grinding to get the Thunderer and I wouldn't mind one bit if it was banned from clan battles and ranked 

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles

I OBJECT! I OBJECT! I MOST STRENUOUSLY OBJECT!

No other smokey battleships until I get my Prince of Wales with smoke!

On another note; what is this ‘Steel’ camo anyway? Have DM, but don’t think I have that camo.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
1 minute ago, EricT2015 said:

I just spent two years of on and off grinding to get the Thunderer and I wouldn't mind one bit if it was banned from clan battles and ranked 

I would.   And I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would as well.

[_DOS_]
Members
459 posts
3,648 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I would.   And I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would as well.

It's overpowered and doesn't promote balanced and competitive gameplay. Use some logic 

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

I OBJECT! I OBJECT! I MOST STRENUOUSLY OBJECT!

No other smokey battleships until I get my Prince of Wales with smoke!

On another note; what is this ‘Steel’ camo anyway? Have DM, but don’t think I have that camo.

Go look in the Armory, under ship customizations.  Same place you'd look for other camos.  And you'll find the Steel camos.

Good video clip, BTW.  :cap_like:

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
1 minute ago, EricT2015 said:

It's overpowered and doesn't promote balanced and competitive gameplay. Use some logic 

I am.  My logic is that I paid good resources for that ship and I should have every god damned right to use it in any tier 10 game mode I want.