You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Are You a WrongShipShooter? Are You Hurting Your Team

41 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Dear Mr./Mrs./Miss WrongShipShooter, please allow me to educate you on how to help your team and be a better Captain. When starting a match and contesting the first cap, please aim at the DD's that light up. Don't be ThatGuy who just shoots across the map at the furthest BB or Cruiser. By eliminating the DD's, you are helping to blind the enemy team and help your own team secure a better chance of winning. I know your in a big old bad battleship with AP loaded but if you have just one shell land on that DD at the beginning, you could shave off a couple thousand health. Those pesky DD's don't have much health to begin with so every little bit helps. 

You complain when your own DD's die in the first 2 minutes, but did you do anything to help them or were you sniping 24km across the map and ignoring the enemy DD's? So please, don't be a WrongShipShooter and learn to be a team player! This has been brought to you by the AWWP aka the Alliance of Wanna Win Players! Now go out there and dominate :P

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[PIZZA]
Members
1,165 posts
14,591 battles

Yes I am WrongShipShooter definitely. Especially in Random games. Hit is a hit and miss is a missed. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
4,160 battles

Hmmmm.... shoot the DD or the radar cruiser.... what to do, what to do....

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,941 posts
31,955 battles
Just now, Incomitatus said:

I was thinking this same thing. 

• Cool 1

[BB_B]
Members
120 posts
1,334 battles

I try to hit them and when I use my secondary builds, I usually try to get close enough to be effective without eating a load of torps.  Sometimes it draws the destroyer towards me and my team destroyer gets the kill with less damage to himself.

Members
699 posts
18,144 battles

My DDs didn’t die in the first few minutes because I ignored enemy DDs, they died because they yolo’d to a prompt death. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[GOCRY]
Members
1,038 posts
18 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

Yes I am WrongShipShooter definitely. Especially in Random games. Hit is a hit and miss is a missed. 

Even a miss can cause that DD to pull back.  That can cause his support to decide they need to pull back too, and you can get broadside shots on them as they turn away.  As the battle lines get established, your side is sitting on the cap, earning points. Obviously, this cookbooked scenario won’t play out perfectly every time, but it’s a good generalized strategy.

• Cool 1

[WARSP]
Beta Testers
103 posts
3,231 battles

Honestly if im using a HE spammer (and given my horrible aim) I tend to aim at the closest BBs to set a fire and either drain them of HP or force them to pop DCP

[NYAAR]
Members
3,005 posts
15,998 battles
44 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

42 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

situational

If that Cruiser is sitting broadside to my battleship, I am definitely going to cut loose on it.

Otherwise, if I have a shot at a DD, even though I have the wrong ammo loaded, I will shoot at it.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
47 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Desicions desicions.....:cap_yes:

[CO-OP]
Members
3,941 posts
31,955 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

situational

If that Cruiser is sitting broadside to my battleship, I am definitely going to cut loose on it.

Otherwise, if I have a shot at a DD, even though I have the wrong ammo loaded, I will shoot at it.

I agree, this is a Sophie's Choice dilemma.  Do I kill the radar cruiser that has my ally DD lit up, and possibly let the red DD get away, OR do I kill the red DD, and probably let my ally DD get sunk?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,441 battles
50 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Are you a TrollForumPoster? You are hurting the WoWs forum. 

Yeah, no kidding. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Define wrong ship. If you have a highly angled and maneuvering cruiser at a fairly long range and at about the same range a broadside BB it should be a easy choice for any CA or BB. The correct target will vary constantly as things change and not everyone will see the change in time to choose the best target and it is better to shoot at something than nothing.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,398 posts
10,713 battles
2 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

Shoot the DD first.

I can run out of radar range, or hide behind an island, but a DD will just keep following and spotting. Also, the radar cruiser is only spotting me, but a DD is spotting you as well.

Even if you miss the DD, you might scare him into popping smoke, which also stops him from spotting.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Thanks 1

Members
591 posts
5,040 battles

Ahhhh. That is the sound of comprehension dawning on me. 

I begin to understand some of the responses in the other thread better now. :cap_hmm:

[REVY]
Members
8,498 posts
6,118 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Dear Mr./Mrs./Miss WrongShipShooter, please allow me to educate you on how to help your team and be a better Captain.

This coming from the guy probably torping at his own allies because they wont get out his way.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,127 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

WrongShipShooter

Why yes I am but not nearly enough of one to keep those pesky green things out of my way.

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
23,494 battles
3 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

When your dd is in a cap fighting for his life....kill the red DD!

2 hours ago, Kebobs22 said:

If a dd dies early, they're the only one to blame. Can't save stupid

Yoloing into a cap is one thing, trying to contest a cap when you and your opponent are both lit and getting pasted by the red team while your team targets the BBs and cruisers that are shooting at the DD makes for a very short match!

[CLUMP]
Members
2,107 posts
2,429 battles

DDs show always be the ones to die first because they are most dangerous class in the game :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Funny 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,876 posts
13,124 battles
3 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

Easy answer.   closest one.  You miss the radar cruiser, it will still be there later.  DD you might not see him again.

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,876 posts
13,124 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Define wrong ship. If you have a highly angled and maneuvering cruiser at a fairly long range and at about the same range a broadside BB it should be a easy choice for any CA or BB. The correct target will vary constantly as things change and not everyone will see the change in time to choose the best target and it is better to shoot at something than nothing.

:Smile_facepalm: 

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
3,876 posts
13,124 battles
2 hours ago, Kebobs22 said:

If a dd dies early, they're the only one to blame. Can't save stupid

Probably because the other team's BBs grew a pair and shot at him.