You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
megahugenoob

Firing Delay on Jean Bart + Bourgogne

23 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
750 posts
9,595 battles

Apologies if t his has been reported, but the last few days I have noticed when my turrets are green and ready to shoot, sometimes I have to click 3-5 times to get my guns to shoot and it takes about 2 seconds longer than it should to fire my guns. Its not a mouse thing or a lag thing because it only seems to happen with those ships.

Is this something you all are aware of?

• Boring 1

Members
206 posts
9,284 battles

There was a lengthy thread on this subject yesterday.  Others are seeing this problem.  I'm seeing this problem with other ships and I'm running Modstation.  If you are not running any mods, WG needs replays and WGcheck information to track this bug down so, send in a ticket to help get this resolved.

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
1 hour ago, megahugenoob said:

Apologies if t his has been reported, but the last few days I have noticed when my turrets are green and ready to shoot, sometimes I have to click 3-5 times to get my guns to shoot and it takes about 2 seconds longer than it should to fire my guns. Its not a mouse thing or a lag thing because it only seems to happen with those ships.

Is this something you all are aware of?

56 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

There was a lengthy thread on this subject yesterday.  Others are seeing this problem.  I'm seeing this problem with other ships and I'm running Modstation.  If you are not running any mods, WG needs replays and WGcheck information to track this bug down so, send in a ticket to help get this resolved.

So I did some testing on my FR ships with the MBRB over the weekend.

Here is a list of ships I tested:

• Saint Louis
  • Jean Bart
  • Charles Martel

I was not able to produce the delay in main guns firing as described.

Best thing to do is to run a detect and repair of the client to see if any files need to be reinstalled.

If problem still persists, create a WGcheck report, save the replay file, and send it to the support team for review.

#anchorsaweigh

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
319 posts
10,323 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

So I did some testing on my FR ships with the MBRB over the weekend.

Here is a list of ships I tested:

• Saint Louis
  • Jean Bart
  • Charles Martel

I was not able to produce the delay in main guns firing as described.

Best thing to do is to run a detect and repair of the client to see if any files need to be reinstalled.

If problem still persists, create a WGcheck report, save the replay file, and send it to the support team for review.

#anchorsaweigh

Take some damage and get AR active. 

Alternatively, play coop and look around with free look while shooting.  the bug is super common.  You have to actually play the game, not just in training rooms though. (I've tried to force it to show up in them as well, its not *quite* that easy).  

There's 3-4 bugs with main battery, the non shooting is sorta the most common one.  Will keep sending replays as they continue to happen.  

Side note: Do you have the biggest coding error one recorded? This should be very easy to replicate:

image.thumb.png.bd751613e4e1355c20fa80f07e2597e9.png

Credit to DerKleine from EU for the concise write-up.  

(and yeah, the act of repairing instantly reloads the turret, allowing you to skip a reload and fire a turret 5s after you fired it the first time even on a battleship).

Edited by ToxicSymphony
clarity

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Sounds like lag. It doesn't matter how fast your connection is it will happen.

[TSF]
Members
598 posts
15,722 battles

The firing delay is REALLY bad. I lost a game because of it tonight. Was in the Jean Bart, down ships 2/4, 2 caps each, with a point lead.  I backed into one of the enemies caps, and  was defending against a slowly charging Alaska when one of their DDs popped up, making a turn to send torps. I had HE loaded and he was within 6km. I fired, no, wait, I fired, no, fire, fire fire, fire, nm, DD is back into stealth. Never got the rounds off,  ate the torps, lost the game.

It's REALLY bad. 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Sounds like lag. It doesn't matter how fast your connection is it will happen.

I don't think so it happened to me a couple of times too and today when I was watching Mr_Gibbons streaming it happened to him in the JB too live and i saw it ..  

Edited by clammboy

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
4 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I don't think so it happened to me a couple of times too and today when I was watching Mr_Gibbons streaming it happened to him in the JB too live and i saw it ..  

It is either lag or the guns were just of aim.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They just didn't fire his guns were green on the screen you could hear him clicking and he was yelling my guns wont fire  . But what do I know I'm not going argue because I really don't know what happened but it did happen twice to me in the JB which is no big deal . 

Edited by clammboy

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
9 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Neither. It's happened multiple times to me in a single day over different hours. Playing JB you are acutely aware of your MB positioning. I just experienced five to seven clicks attempting to fire loaded main batteries and nothing.

If I could suggest anything as a dev, I'd go back through the threads here and elsewhere, determine when the reports started coming in, then look at what was modified in the releases immediately prior to those threads. 

The worst kind of bug are those you can't reproduce. Your users are experiencing it but you can't reproduce it. So you presume it must be operator error, hardware issues, something on the customer's end. 

Still... for the number of people saying they are experiencing it, the odds of it being a customer issue dwindles quite rapidly.  

More than likely - speculation here - something on the server side changed. Or the "ship model". It seems it's only the French BBs - for me JB and Strasbourg. 

Good luck devs !

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
5 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Neither. It's happened multiple times to me in a single day over different hours. Playing JB you are acutely aware of your MB positioning. I just experienced five to seven clicks attempting to fire loaded main batteries and nothing.

If I could suggest anything as a dev, I'd go back through the threads here and elsewhere, determine when the reports started coming in, then look at what was modified in the releases immediately prior to those threads. 

The worst kind of bug are those you can't reproduce. Your users are experiencing it but you can't reproduce it. So you presume it must be operator error, hardware issues, something on the customer's end. 

Still... for the number of people saying they are experiencing it, the odds of it being a customer issue dwindles quite rapidly.  

More than likely - speculation here - something on the server side changed. Or the "ship model". It seems it's only the French BBs - for me JB and Strasbourg. 

Good luck devs !

That only leaves lag/desync, the server thinks the guns are not aimed yet even though the client does. Little you can do but take a break and hope whatever is causing it has stopped when you come back.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

That only leaves lag/desync, the server thinks the guns are not aimed yet even though the client does. Little you can do but take a break and hope whatever is causing it has stopped when you come back.

I hazard a guess it's a coding issue... imagine all the code that runs to support the game. All it takes is a certain set of values to be generated by the French BB's when using the main battery reload booster. Or it could be something else that deprives the code processing keyboard scan values for the keystrokes values a few - well, seconds seem excessive but it seems I could count the seconds - but just say they don't get interrogated as they should be. 

Those would be coding issues on the server side, where lag/desync are not the problem, but rather the fruit, not the root. 

I just hope they get it fixed. It does impact game play on the JB when it happens. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
47 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I hazard a guess it's a coding issue... imagine all the code that runs to support the game. All it takes is a certain set of values to be generated by the French BB's when using the main battery reload booster. Or it could be something else that deprives the code processing keyboard scan values for the keystrokes values a few - well, seconds seem excessive but it seems I could count the seconds - but just say they don't get interrogated as they should be. 

Those would be coding issues on the server side, where lag/desync are not the problem, but rather the fruit, not the root. 

I just hope they get it fixed. It does impact game play on the JB when it happens. 

I think it is the same thing that happens in MMORPG's where you are traveling along and suddenly have to cover some ground again where the server is putting you where it thinks you are. We don't get sudden jerks like that here but we do get client server desync.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I think it is the same thing that happens in MMORPG's where you are traveling along and suddenly have to cover some ground again where the server is putting you where it thinks you are. We don't get sudden jerks like that here but we do get client server desync.

I might lean towards agreeing with you - except - the only ships I've been experiencing this, on the same day/time, are the French BBs featuring the MBRB. You can battle in one, experience the issue, jump out of that ship into a non-French ship, play just fine, come back to a French BB and it can happen again. 

Oh well, it is what it is. The only time it's an issue is when you are about to get drilled, you got them beat on reload time but click click click click click click boom. 

[REKTD]
Members
708 posts
11,925 battles
11 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I might lean towards agreeing with you - except - the only ships I've been experiencing this, on the same day/time, are the French BBs featuring the MBRB. You can battle in one, experience the issue, jump out of that ship into a non-French ship, play just fine, come back to a French BB and it can happen again. 

Oh well, it is what it is. The only time it's an issue is when you are about to get drilled, you got them beat on reload time but click click click click click click boom. 

Yes, I can add a +1 to this happening and lag/de sync not being the culprit. I have far too many games with never seeing this issue, a static setup, and only have ever seen this since I got Bourgogne. 6 clicks is no exaggeration. I was beginning to wonder if there was some new cheat code because it generally happens at critical times....but the way psyche works is those are the times I remember most vividly. I have also had easy long range shots where I am just clicking away and no firing is happening. No other ship have I experienced this in.

I appreciate the recommendation for making a ticket with a replay and will do so.

Edited by SuperComm4

[FOXY]
Members
3,229 posts
8,096 battles
11 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It happens in other ships.

Ive had it happen in Friesland, Atlanta, Bismarck and Georgia. Friesland and Atlanta i was holding the mouse to fire and my guns where tracking the target and they stopped firing, had to click a few times before they fired again.

Weapons where all green, and had been firing without issues the entire match.

Its not lag either, i cant remember the last time ive lagged in this game.

At the moment im just waiting on it to happen again so i can get a replay pulled.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
39 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

It happens in other ships.

Ive had it happen in Friesland, Atlanta, Bismarck and Georgia. Friesland and Atlanta i was holding the mouse to fire and my guns where tracking the target and they stopped firing, had to click a few times before they fired again.

Weapons where all green, and had been firing without issues the entire match.

Its not lag either, i cant remember the last time ive lagged in this game.

At the moment im just waiting on it to happen again so i can get a replay pulled.

Well I put a coop replay on one of Happa's threads asking for replays. They want replays they will get them. 

Members
4 posts
6,827 battles

I've had this issue happen consistently for me while playing my Jean Bart & Bourgogne. It seems to mainly happen after about 10k damage & while my reload booster is active. It doesn't matter how fast I click or if I'm holding down the fire button, it takes between 2-5s for my guns to fire again. Most of the people I play with have had the same exact issue. 

• Cool 1

[FT]
Members
270 posts
12,153 battles

It is tied to the reload booster. That is the only time it happens to me. Here is replay from today where you will see, right before I sink, I am locked on to a Haru, booster is running, I reload, green reticle, and for three seconds I can't shoot. It might have lasted longer but I died.

WG, you have to fix this. This is not a lag issue. Please remember the disconnect issue from over the summer. You denied and denied and denied it was happening and not until Flamu(or whomever) posted a details video SHOWING it happening did you fix it. Please please please don't delay again. 

20210114_111115_PFSB518-Jean-Bart_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

[-HUGS]
Members
233 posts
6,986 battles

Indeed, I got the issue myself with my Jean Bart B, which has reload booster. Glad to see I am not the only one having this. 

Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles

Ahoy Fleet,

I've been forwarding your WGcheck reports and replays to the lab for review.

If you do submit a replay file with your WGcheck report to the Support Team, please include timestamps to reference your replay file so the team can drill down to the exact moments during your battle.

Thanks again for your patience!

#anchorsaweigh

[KFL]
[KFL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
588 posts
13,972 battles

I have had this issue mainly with battleships and some with dds. The bell is also not ringing after all the guns reload as well. It seems to be in the tight engagement situations were scoring that salvo matters the most. 

In my opinion it seems those stutters and hangs have been reported more as well as late. Had 3 yesterday, fps drops or hang in loading and one stutter. 

You need to do the test live with other players. I would guess its server side not reporting fast enough to the game. It is only going to happen when there are more inputs in the same area asking to relay the same commands.