You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Waterline: What's Happening Next?

117 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles

A whole lot to be disinterested there.

Loved the detailed breakdown of the commander skills though.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles

More vagueness on stuff that actually matters like skill rework, but hey, get excited for more Shipyard events, yay. The new German DDs don't look bad, but when there's loads of other issues to tackle it's hard to get excited. I see another break for me in the not so far future, not much point sticking around if there's no enjoyment to be had for me.

No new maps, only map revamps, no return of Scenarios, no more QoL changes, just a boatload of content to bloat the game even more and make some quick buck. I never believed the theory that Devs didn't play their own game, but im slowly starting to believe it.

33 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

A whole lot to be disinterested there.

Loved the detailed breakdown of the commander skills though.

I specifically liked how they adressed the community's concerns, offered their explanations and in general offered us a wealth of new information and reassurance.

All 20 seconds of it. 

Might have been better to just not make a video.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
14,299 posts
20,867 battles

Not looking forward to  the new DDs making the game disproportional or leaning the marker towards AP.

If this goes live, I see a disappearance of the population light cruisers players.. OR migrating towards AP dominant ship like the new German DDs or high tier BBs.

IMO, Light cruisers are already on the fringe of being extinct.. Adding an entire ship class to hunt down an endangered ship class is in affect, discrimination against that particular play style/game play.

Its good to see subs are moving full steam in 2021 that is a welcoming news.

The Axis vs Allies concept was suggested years ago... Its good to see it on the Dev's Radar for inclusion in the game... 

In my analysis of whats to came... Its evident WG is having population issues... For the first time since I can remember, its concentrating on "playing with your friends" game mod. This is  as close as we're going to get to an admission of lowered activity/profits from last year.

Overall, I am skeptical.. Nothing IMO to be excited about... Just more concerned with the information revealed.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Members
565 posts
18,408 battles

No CVs or BBs will be blocked from CBs because their numbers are limited. The first too popular ships to be blocked from clan battles will be:

The strong AA ships.  Halland, Smalland. And?? 

Then tanky ships that can withstand CVs will go. Goliath, Petro will be next on the chopping block. 

That may be it unless Mino and Smolensk become popular then they will go. 

I cant think of any others that are much of a problem for CVs    being too popular.

Spoiler

(They are popular because they counter CVs) 

Edited by cmdr_bigdog
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Commander skills - Yeah, last I saw, still unnecessary trash that will if anything do more harm than good. Also, 'changes as needed' - HA! Yeah, cause that went soooo great for the CV rework where you people still haven't fixed CV vs DD, low tier AA balance, AA balance on some of the high tier ships that needs nerfing, and probably a dozen other balance issues that you were told about in beta. And when you do, occasionally, listen - you gives us utterly inept changes like the recent changes to UK rockets that did jack you know what. And that doesn't even get to the unimaginably stupid historical and accuracy mistakes your team made - and that even when they have tried to fix them, like the name of the AP rockets STILL MANAGE TO GET IT WRONG.

Submarines: Translation - we still ignored most of what you people have said and are going to give you modern nuclear submarines reskinned as WWII submarines at even tiers only despite more than enough to make full tech trees, or in some cases more than one full tech tree, without use of paper ships, and bypassing in cases important designs that lead to other ships and the evolution of Submarines more infamous roles in WWI-WWII and in to the modern era. Because apparently - being able to sit at max depth near indefinitely and ping a target so the torpedo simply homes in on it is more skilled than having to properly judge what speed and course that enemy ship is going to take and where they are going to be in 30 seconds or more for that torpedo, or even a spread, to hit said target where even a simple thing such as a change in speed or coarse can take what would have been 2 hits to none due to a random change or them dodging a different attack. 

German DD line 2: Okay, lets put aside that you could easily make a second USN line with one more focused on artillery with it's centerline tubes, and one more focused on it's torpedoes stacked on each side, which is a far older line in need of some love. You people realize that about the only reason those lines work as is, are the fact that one by default has insane RoF with HE, and the other can temporarily boost it, again with HE, and that one of them also has pretty insane speed. 15 cm DD's that only use AP and no smoke - they better have some amazing base stealth and speed to be able to position to take on high tier radar cruisers by flanking them. Cause that's about the only way your getting a broadside where that 15 cm AP will make a difference. Also ANOTHER line with DEF AA? Really? For YEARS we have said most DD's need an AA buff, when you put this foolish rework in play, you were told, outright, in Beta, and over the last 2 years now, that DD's need better AA. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE MEANT. This is just freaking stupid at this point. Is this your way of trying to acknowledge you have screwed up AA balance but without actually acknowledging or really doing anything about it? Cause if that's the case - then lets just remove DEF AA, increase the base DPS of everything by 50%, and then figure out plane HP and/or regen rate from there. Cause this 'All lines now get DEF AA when we make them' schtick is getting old. 

'Dockyard': Maybe if it didn't cost a bunch of money, or your mission design didn't still need work so that players can have fun while doing it - and not have to treat it like a freaking job, I'd actually enjoy a dockyard, like Graf Spee other than the fact I had the ship already. Dockyard means nothing to me, if I'm never actually going to get to see the damn thing built. And if you keep putting it behind a paywall, that's gonna keep happening because A: I'm still not giving you people a dime till you ACTUALLY FIX CV'S and a bunch of other things and B: even if by some miracle you pulled that off tomorrow, it's not like I have any money because I've been out of of work for a year due to timing of the off season and a damn plague. 

'Axis vs Allies' - yeah, can't wait to see how this is screwed because of the still out of whack balancing in so many areas.

'Graphic updates' - Okay, the name of the game is, and say it with me WORLD OF WARSHIPS. Why the hell do I care, or even want, fancier freaking island terrain that is going to eat in to PC performance that DOES NOT MATTER when most of the time, I'm focused on ships namely the ones I'm shooting at, some of which need graphical updates that can even tie in with balance ones - like more AA on basically everything below tier 8, and when there are so many actual gameplay elements that need fixing. 

'Limiting CW ships' - hey, wanna know why the ships that are popular in CW and ranked are usually popular - there's something not quite balanced right that gives them an edge, so everyone leans toward it usually, or the wy the battles are formatted, like say if a map forces players for close quarters where German ships are at their best. How about instead of artificial crap, like limits on numbers, the matchmaker changes to how many up tier battles you see, etc, YOU ACTUALLY FIX THE DAMN BALANCE AND GAMEPLAY

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 9

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts

TEASERS.... with no REAL information. We knew commander skills were coming so what we wanted was REAL info, meat... to sink our teeth into but we got given nothing.

German DD';s.,.,.. ho-hum..,.. what is the point if we don't know how commander skills will affect game play.... that is info we could have used.

Clan battles..,.., yeah, you gave nothing away so what is the point even announcing it?

Still no new maps..,.. I could care less about how the game looks.,.. what i saw was many ways for the stutter to remain in game long after I'm gone.,,, seriously..,,.

...what was the point of this video?

Blocking popular ships.... remove from game for coal and sell for real money, then how do they become UN-popular? Catch 22 situation.... why buy a ship if you're going to block it from the (Clan Battles) game?

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 2

[FFG31]
Members
96 posts
5,322 battles

I would like to know more about submarines. It is interesting but gameplay was so boring and unbalanced, how are they going to solve this is beyond me.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,350 posts
12,309 battles

Wow, so many flavors of "Chicken Little, the sky is falling" already, and this is fresh news! I swear, people on this forum are getting really good at defecation on all news WG releases.  

As for me, I eagerly await the day I get Marceau... I mean Z-31!

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts
25 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

'Graphic updates' - Okay, the name of the game is, and say it with me WORLD OF WARSHIPS. Why the hell do I care, or even want, fancier freaking island terrain that is going to eat in to PC performance that DOES NOT MATTER when most of the time, I'm focused on ships namely the ones I'm shooting at, some of which need graphical updates that can even tie in with balance ones - like more AA on basically everything below tier 8, and when there are so many actual gameplay elements that need fixing.

So when driving the Kansas, for example, you have a pretty Island to look at while everyone else plays the game and doesn't get to see the pretty little islands...... right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 4

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts
3 minutes ago, XVirtusX said:

I would like to know more about submarines. It is interesting but gameplay was so boring and unbalanced, how are they going to solve this is beyond me.

That is why they are making the view pretty...... as they said... like with the Kansas as I said but using subs.,,.,,, pretty little fishes maybe.,.,.,

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,813 posts
22,652 battles

German anything is utterly skippable

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CK5]
Members
1,588 posts
16,305 battles

I don't like videos for information and therefore don't watch them.  I want to READ information.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles

There off and running !

Lil Nas X Gave Support To Maximum Security After Its Kentucky Derby DQ

The Naysayers and the Doomsdayer .

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
2,121 posts
24,270 battles

just watched the whole video . few things to point out  both are less than 6ft apart and not wearing a mask , mrconways cards were upside down .  think there forgot were still working on hizens dockyard as theres still a few directives still to come ,  commander skills   get rid of them ,  wont be doing  the boring key battles again because there BORING   , another dockyard event   when we havent finnished the one were still on .  think its about time we got a break from the dockyard ,  clan battles  is long over due  and after about 5 months  constant nerfing italian BBs theres still no mention of when there comming out  

over all  its going to be a boring 2021 so far  for WOW 

submarines on the TST was also a boring experience  so wont  be doing them on the live server  .

as for the development blog  there has been no update since 24th december 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,910 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Updated Commander skills, the Dockyard, new ship branches, and temporary modes!

Read it on the portal

First, thanks for the 2021 "Vision Statement" from your team.   Of course, a vast majority of it does not apply to me as a PVE main but, it was nice to see..............

As said above many times, I won't be playing nearly as much in 2021 as before.  Too many disappointments and one-sided, anti-PVE agendas and content.

Axis and Allies had been discussed since I have been in game.   I'd like to see an Early, 1940's "North Atlantic" campaign or game mode that highlights deep ocean and coastal battles with Subs and Planes.

The Skill Tree Change (the CPT ReBORK in this game) is my biggest negative and the reason I will not spend anymore; nor, play F/T anymore; or, recommend this game anymore.  Sorry. 

The rest of the video DNA to me.   The special modes I avoid like the plague.  The Clan Battles we don't participate in......because we are PVE and know better @!  Or, the new lines of German DD's that "are collector items" foremost and clone existing DD lines that have very little appeal to me......

Axis and Allies was a favorite board game for me.........  I'd love to see the game consider the historical content and include the "made up ships" versus, only what actually existed......  That might be fun.  

What I really want is all of the Scenarios back with more than one tier versions issued:  Narai at tiers 8-9-10.  Cherry Blossom at ...........   That way, those of us that are PVE, can exist in this game as you drive towards PVP population growth:  remember, we spend money too !!!  (well, some do and I've stopped......)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the German DD line. The entire line is heavily power crept, and the 150mm main battery options are in the worst place. 

Making them a viable option will be hard. They have fewer than half the barrels of same-tier cruisers, half the DPM, and 2/3 of the hit points. Most of their erstwhile target cruisers also have torpedoes and hydroacoustic search and/or radar. Hunting cruisers with 150mm destroyers isn't really feasible now, and I don't really see how they'll make it feasible in the future.

On the bright side, that was a pretty cool PBY Catalina.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,910 battles
3 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the German DD line. The entire line is heavily power crept, and the 150mm main battery options are in the worst place. 

Making them a viable option will be hard. They have fewer than half the barrels of same-tier cruisers, half the DPM, and 2/3 of the hit points. Most of their erstwhile target cruisers also have torpedoes and hydroacoustic search and/or radar. Hunting cruisers with 150mm destroyers isn't really feasible now, and I don't really see how they'll make it feasible in the future.

On the bright side, that was a pretty cool PBY Catalina.

Sales item.......  Collectors will buy anything.  I can't see where these DD's can exist in the PVP battlespace.  As you said, they are up gunned; but, massively ineffective (in theory) against CL's.  To have a meta place at the table, there has to be much, much more of "something" to make CL's vulnerable........and, I can't see the functionality of "another smokeless" DD without a HUGE combat power advantage.....  Speed?  Concealment means nothing anymore?  The 150's, unless they fire as fast as Machine Guns are mEh at best........  No Radar?  What?????   Collectors items to sell clones of clones...........

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,390 posts
12,784 battles
28 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I don't like videos for information and therefore don't watch them.  I want to READ information.  

This mostly.

I don't think the stuff discussed in the video will ruin WoWs, but another smokeless DD line and another Dockyard doesn't really get me worked up.

And a week before a major change like the captains rework, the amount of information we have been given is pretty small.  Of course the number of changes since the beginning of the skills rework has been pretty limited.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,509 battles

Folks,

Some of you need to calm down. The point of the Waterline videos is to let you know of future stuff coming.

NOT the details of that content, this is what the dedicated articles and videos for that content is for.

If we put ALL the details that you all want (and quite frankly most won't look at) then the Waterline video would be HOURS LONG.

This isn't the point.

-Hapa

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[DHO-2]
-Members-
68 posts
644 battles

It truly blows me away at how many people in these forums are epically toxically negative...

LITERALLY just a "here's what's coming" video and all of you are screaming how horrible the game is and how horrible WG is and how much you dislike this and that.

If you hate so much, go play some other game.... Good lord.

I'm sure I will get flame sprayed but some of you need to relax.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[AZUR1]
Members
267 posts
5,626 battles

If that's the plan for WOWS' 2021, I have to say it's not a completed plan.

New line does not have new feature, just copy-paste from other lines.

The idea of Axis vs Allies battle sounds good, but it's too late to introduce them now. The game is already unbalanced.

Good to hear sub comes, but no real news.

That 4 week event sounds fun, hope it won't come with random box stuff.

Rest part need to be introduced better.

Edited by Lancelot0001

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,050 battles
10 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Sales item.......  Collectors will buy anything.  I can't see where these DD's can exist in the PVP battlespace.  As you said, they are up gunned; but, massively ineffective (in theory) against CL's.  To have a meta place at the table, there has to be much, much more of "something" to make CL's vulnerable........and, I can't see the functionality of "another smokeless" DD without a HUGE combat power advantage.....  Speed?  Concealment means nothing anymore?  The 150's, unless they fire as fast as Machine Guns are mEh at best........  No Radar?  What?????   Collectors items to sell clones of clones...........

we did say the same thing about the french dds, and the european dds after them. both came out pretty well. so i will just wait and see.

• Thanks 1

[QQ7]
Members
33 posts
8,617 battles

While there are still concerns about the balancing of the commander rework I won’t beat a dead horse there. German DD’s look interesting, since they will most likely have the same HE characteristics as the other German lines. their “AP focus” will be a “I use the high pen HE” like the Z-52 and Hindenburg. Giving no smoke gunboats hydro is.....weird. The hydro is useful on the other German DD’s since they have smoke. The usefulness of hydro on open water gunboats is dubious. I would like to see them get a heal rather than hydro. Giving them DFAA is a welcome addition. The uselessness of the AA on the French DD’s can be frustrating so it will be nice to have some kind of defense against the plague on this game known as CV’s.

Speaking of which there is some to speak on about CV’s in clan battles. The meta of 4 venezia’s. The meta of many Graff Spee’s and the meta of petro’s and Goliath in the most recent CB was in response to the presence of CV’s in clan battles. The over popularity of these ships was a direct response to the power of carriers. Instead of addressing the problem itself they introduce a limit to the number of one  specific ship you can take. WG continue to show they are willing to do anything but confront the fact that that they have created a plague that they force into every corner of this game. 

the Verizon tournament and others that have no cv’s have been very well received by the competitive community because of the exciting gameplay they produce. The CV meta creates stagnant gameplay that kills players enjoyment of competitive. Yet WG will never remove them because they failed with the CV rework and if they do they means they wasted a massive amount of time and effort that went into a rework that crashed and burned the minute it was released.

TL:DR

German DD’s hesitantly look fun and exiting.

Clan battles continue to be ruined by Carriers and nothing WG does about how many petro’s you can take will change that.

• Thanks 3
  • Meh 1