Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

What to do with 1 M Free XP?

11 comments in this topic

Members
765 posts
72 battles

Hi,

So I gotten 1 M Free XP again and not really sure how to spend it wisely, specially with the upcoming Captain reworks. I have most of the good ships already that you can get with Free XP exept the 2 M ones (Småland etc). I play most cruisers and DDs so im looking at Ägir and Freisland. Freisland seems pretty good but the whole no torps thing puts me of a bit. Seen a lot of crazy videos about Ägir and its secondarys but seem to remember it being nerfed (and not sure how it will do after C-rework.....). Not really that impressed with the 2 IJN cruisers with their 20 km torps etc.

Now I havent really been interested in Research bereau before, but is it possible to spend a million free XP there and maybe get a ship (not really sure how RB works to be honest)

Any new Free XP ships announced on the horizon?

What are your suggestions?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles
17 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Hi,

So I gotten 1 M Free XP again and not really sure how to spend it wisely, specially with the upcoming Captain reworks. I have most of the good ships already that you can get with Free XP exept the 2 M ones (Småland etc). I play most cruisers and DDs so im looking at Ägir and Freisland. Freisland seems pretty good but the whole no torps thing puts me of a bit. Seen a lot of crazy videos about Ägir and its secondarys but seem to remember it being nerfed (and not sure how it will do after C-rework.....). Not really that impressed with the 2 IJN cruisers with their 20 km torps etc.

Now I havent really been interested in Research bereau before, but is it possible to spend a million free XP there and maybe get a ship (not really sure how RB works to be honest)

Any new Free XP ships announced on the horizon?

I have almost 4 mil and I think I'm just going to keep letting it grow until something I really want comes along . If I was a DD player I would probable get the Smaland since she is going and seems to be a special ship . I'm still thinking about picking her up just to collect and you never know I might start playing DDs one day .

• Cool 3

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,809 posts
24,969 battles

You would need to reset and grind,or free XP, thru two lines to have enough RB points to get a ship. If you've never reset a line you will get 10,000 bonus, plus 10,000 first reset of the season, plus 10, 500 (I think) for grinding thru the first line. If you wait and reset the first line at the end of the season (about a month from now) and reset the second line at the start of the next season you will get not only theb10,500 for the line but an additional 10, 000 bonus for the first reset of the season. That'll get you approximately 51,000 RB points. Not enough for all the ships but Paolo Emilio for sure.

• Cool 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
9,042 battles

Agir is not really competitive even now. With the upcoming captain rework, it won't be even be fun either.

I've heard some people saying the Friesland gets pretty boring after some time. But who knows. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
33 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Nothing, do absolutely nothing... Its the best policy when facing your uncertainty.

• Cool 1

[SRBL]
Members
579 posts
16,183 battles
36 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I really like the Smal, I didn't think it be as enjoyable as it is but I do find it to work really well for what it's designed to do. 

Plus it's going away shortly, can you get another 1mm before then?

Edited by Tom_Greg

[PAK]
Members
159 posts
37,478 battles

What are your favorite ships in the game? The ones you play every chance you can?

If you love to set fires and see big numbers every game then Friesland is amazing. Most ships are too afraid to rush you so you just sit there and murder things.

The damage per minute is insane and CV will avoid you. If you like something that snipes and sets fires the Yoshino is an amazing ship unless you show broadside when you are spotted. The range the accuracy are amazing.

Do you love heavy cruisers that are tanky? Agir is an amazing ship with her AP Pen, tanky body, etc.

There are some amazing RB ships. I think all of them are good except Colbert. 1 mil Fexp makes the grind up to 8 fast and then you grind to T10.

If you simply play any ship to its strengths their are a lot of fun ships out there. Currently have 275 and am ready to answer any questions.

Also Youtube has videos showing these ships off. You should find out what style of ship you like and go after the next one that takes care of your needs.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts

Save it cause the new ships coming down the pipe are only gonna cost more fxp than ever. Lol.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,036 posts

Waiting is definitely an option. Chances are good that FXP ships will be 2 million a pop moving forward (maybe more), so keeping what you have just in case something is announced that you really want, is probably a smart move.

Freisland seems like it would be a good match for your cruiser/DD playstyle. I’ve only played 1 game in Agir, in coop, but man was it a great game!  So while it may not be very competitive in ransoms, it absolutely works in coop.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
951 posts
11,842 battles

I saw a similar question posted on the forum before and one suggestion was one that made me think "oh yeah, I CAN do that".   That is, forego a FXP ship and just spend the FXP on tech trees to make a run up some tech lines, especially if you are in range of some T10 ships and want to take your chances with snowflake container drops while they last, or want to finish lines to get yourself ready for a Research Bureau reset. 

My own situation:  I'm at 1.8 million FXP.  I had my eye first on the Agir.  Talk on Freisland has kind of opened my eyes towards that direction and Smaland has some appeal since it's going to be withdrawn, but both of these are not ships I'd normally feel comfortable with.  Anyway, my current plan is to use FXP pretty soon to finish Seattle to Worcester, and Donskoi to Nevsky to get 2 snowflake containers, and Baltimore to Buffalo, Tallin to Riga, Nagato to Amagi to get some easy steel.     This would only cost me 250k FXP total to make these runs, so I'd definitely still be in play for a FXP ship. OR I could take Buffalo to Des Moines, Riga to Petro if I'm really feeling frisky (and getting 2 more snowflake containers).

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,268 battles

Agir and friesland are both good fun. Friesland takes a little time to figure out. I would probably take agir first as the memes can be real, especially in this t9 3v3 or 1v1 ranked and clan brawl formats...she shines there imo

Sign in to follow this