Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CallingElvis

Returning to the game...and I love it

22 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
582 posts
11,490 battles

I have been away for half  a year or so and have just returned to play a few or 20 matches or so. I absolutely love it. Sure there's streaks of defeats but overall I feel pretty good about being back at it. I also play better I noticed. Maybe it's good to take a real break every now and then!

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
1,081 posts
11,053 battles

Game for me is still worth playing even after 5 years. I take breaks which I suggest is a must. There will always be good and bad but still worth playing

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,788 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

I have been away for half  a year or so and have just returned to play a few or 20 matches or so. I absolutely love it. Sure there's streaks of defeats but overall I feel pretty good about being back at it. I also play better I noticed. Maybe it's good to take a real break every now and then!

Welcome back sailor 07

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
2 hours ago, Toxygene said:

WG :  Don't hold your breath comrade, we're about to bork commanders creating an entirely new grind as it completely guts the way ships were balanced.   

Anyone not playing during free reset is going to be mad as it autofills some of the cap'n skills.

• Meh 3

[-AFK-]
Members
1,379 posts
16,788 battles
15 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

WG :  Don't hold your breath comrade, we're about to bork commanders creating an entirely new grind as it completely guts the way ships were balanced.   

Anyone not playing during free reset is going to be mad as it autofills some of the cap'n skills.

Oh man, I am gonna reset every since commander on all 177 ships

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
31 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Wait until people see that with the breaking of balance that some ship configs are no longer viable.   The gold fiends at WG are salivating over the amount of gold that will need to be spent to get ships reconfigured as the associated captain build is no longer available.    Between secondary accuracy nerf and no more 139 and under range boost on CL, there will be quite a few ships needing at least 1 module change, some up to 3.

Edited by CV_Jeebies

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles
26 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I thought there wasn’t going to be a free reset? But that there would be easy missions rewarding 50 doubs to pay the cost of the (temporarily) discounted reset?

9 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

If is free; easiest thing to do is just go into the personnel file UI, cycle through all your commanders, and zero them out.

Rebuild thier skills as you start using them again.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,697 posts
4,526 battles

Welcome back! I hope you've been well.

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I thought there wasn’t going to be a free reset? But that there would be easy missions rewarding 50 doubs to pay the cost of the (temporarily) discounted reset?

Cap'n skill reset is supposed to be free throughout the entire patch -- just like it used to be for CBs, reset as many times as you want during that period. 

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,358 posts
12,332 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If is free; easiest thing to do is just go into the personnel file UI, cycle through all your commanders, and zero them out.

Rebuild thier skills as you start using them again.

The 50 doubloons cost you referred to is for retraining to a new ship, not for resetting the captain skills. For the whole patch, resets will be free, and retrains will be discounted.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey
  • Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
4,076 posts
12,595 battles
5 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

My plan is to reset all of mine to zero when it hits and then take a long break to see how it all shakes out. Being an unabashed ftp parasite, I want to make the most of the free respec.

Members
5,789 posts
11,624 battles

According to a "lot" of players - you should really be hating it and want to quit asap.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
7 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Yeah, they really should just blanket resets to every captain in the game, regardless if you logged in or not or have in years, just reset them ALL.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,256 posts
18,835 battles
10 hours ago, Toxygene said:

Welcome back!

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,247 battles

The game is still mad fun as far as I’m concerned. Relatively good content and variety and missions to accomplish. The actual game play is also a blast. Sure you get the roflstomps and potatoes but overall it’s still a great game 

[NUWES]
Members
3,523 posts
13,330 battles
9 hours ago, Wolff_Punisher said:

Game for me is still worth playing even after 5 years. I take breaks which I suggest is a must. There will always be good and bad but still worth playing

Same here. I've never had a need to take a break though. It's been my top game since I discovered it in beta and I play it almost daily. As a kid I used to build plastic models of ships and play with them, and the game gives me the opportunity to do that, only without the hassle of building the models and devoting the space needed to house them. 

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

There's a free skill reset 

The doubloon missions are to subsidize reassigning captains to different ships.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

There's a free skill reset 

The doubloon missions are to subsidize reassigning captains to different ships.

Thanks.

Guess I misunderstood an earlier news article or forum post.

[CDOH]
Members
981 posts
8,620 battles

its a good game for the most part.  I too enjoy it.  I like the new ranked format.  Did not enjoy randoms.

Sign in to follow this