You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Canadian_Reaper

JB's Guns not firing?

26 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

I've seen other people post about this, noticed it more and more myself the last few games.

But has WG said anything or has anyone found a solution for why JB's guns don't seem to fire until after I've mashed the mouse button a dozen or so times?

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,573 battles

I haven't seen a peep from WG on this despite complaints for weeks

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Boring 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
38 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

I've seen other people post about this, noticed it more and more myself the last few games.

But has WG said anything or has anyone found a solution for why JB's guns don't seem to fire until after I've mashed the mouse button a dozen or so times?

We have said multiple times in these forums and I have said on our official streams, that we need players to submit tickets with replays attached when they have this issue.

I and @Gneisenau013 have tried to duplicated this multiple times and have been unable to have this happen.  

Furthermore, sending in replays with this issue helps a lot more than posting here as we need to see evidence and get the data from the replays in order to better diagnose this issue.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[CRUEL]
Members
557 posts
11,136 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

We have said multiple times in these forums and I have said on our official streams, that we need players to submit tickets with replays attached when they have this issue.

I and @Gneisenau013 have tried to duplicated this multiple times and have been unable to have this happen.  

Furthermore, sending in replays with this issue helps a lot more than posting here as we need to see evidence and get the data from the replays in order to better diagnose this issue.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I have had this happen in the borg several times. The only thing is a replay cant show how many times I'm bashing my click button trying to get it to fire. That's the only reason I haven't submitted a ticket. 

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,648 battles
6 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

But from a replay, how do you know that we're clicking the mouse but it isn't responding? FWIW, I'm seeing it too, it is extremely uncommon, but I have definitely seen it where the target reticles are setup like the guns are on target, but it just won't fire. It usually only lasts a few seconds for me when it happens, so on a replay it just looks like I'm holding fire. 

Edited by TheArc

[WOLFG]
Members
13,437 posts
12,888 battles
1 minute ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I have had this happen in the borg several times. The only thing is a replay cant show how many times I'm bashing my click button trying to get it to fire. That's the only reason I haven't submitted a ticket. 

Yeah, a replay can't show that, unless I make a recording with me saying :etc_swear:in the background several times.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
3 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

1 minute ago, TheArc said:

But from a replay, how do you know that we're clicking the mouse but it isn't responding? FWIW, I'm seeing it too, it is extremely uncommon, but I have definitely seen it where the target reticles are setup like the guns are on target, but it just won't fire. It usually only lasts a few seconds for me when it happens, so on a replay it just looks like I'm holding fire. 

1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, a replay can't show that, unless I make a recording with me saying :etc_swear:in the background several times.

Guys, we can see A LOT more data on replays than you.

The replays literally have all the data we need to see what you're clicking when you're playing.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[LGION]
Members
24 posts
5,510 battles

Same here, have being having this issue for mote than a month now. For me it happens only when Im using the reload booster. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
319 posts
10,329 battles
12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

How should we set up a support ticket to best get the info to the right place then? 

[TOG]
Members
262 posts
11,992 battles

I see this a lot with my JB. I'll send in a ticket tonight when it happens again.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
24 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

How should we set up a support ticket to best get the info to the right place then? 

I mean the ticket system is very straight forward.... "Game Issues" "Game Mechanics" etc....

-Hapa

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,648 battles

I have submitted this replay from a match just now when my Ohio turret 1 refused to fire for several seconds even though it was showing green for loaded & ready, and turret #2 fired w/o issue (the Petro had damaged both guns a bit prior, but I used R to repair everything...) it did eventually fire, and it didn't cost our team the match or anything - but it definitely happened. You can see it all around the 9:30 - 9 min remaining mark in the match timer.

Replay: Ohio_18_NE_ice_islands.wowsreplay

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I mean the ticket system is very straight forward.... "Game Issues" "Game Mechanics" etc....

I don't think it is very straight forward, though I always chalked up the poor wording to a language translation thing. I don't have "A question" about something,, rather I'm trying to report an in game issue. So rather than "What is your question about" it would be more straight forward and accurate to say "What was your issue regarding?

ummm2.JPG.dc46d0bef1de86eed938c23c946f467a.JPG 

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,227 posts
6,204 battles
2 hours ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I have had this happen in the borg several times.

Ditto. I would venture to say its actually in half/majority of my games. Maybe something tied to MBRB. Its always just a fraction of a second off, I'm wondering if AR doesn't kick in or something 

[TSG4C]
Members
206 posts
9,348 battles
2 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

This is an old issue that has never been properly fixed. It happens with a lot more ships than the JB.

I've seen it happen on occasion.  I don't have JB.

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,083 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

So you need the replays from EVERY game this happens?  This happens to all of my ships at various times, either turrets won't fire or torpedoes won't fire.

[FOXY]
Members
3,395 posts
8,171 battles
6 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

So you need the replays from EVERY game this happens?  This happens to all of my ships at various times, either turrets won't fire or torpedoes won't fire.

The more the better. Bugs that are hard to be replicated *need* as many pieces of evidence and support to get the issue fixed.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
9 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

There are A LOT of battles played and a lot of players never have this issue. I am one of those, so if I am unable to duplicate the issue we NEED replays submitted in tickets for our Devs to see what is going on.

Beyond that, the first thing we will tell you is remove any mods from the game and see if it goes away

If the majority of players don't have this issue and a small isolated group does, there is a chance we will never see it. This is why we NEED the replays.

-Hapa

[TSG4C]
Members
206 posts
9,348 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

There are A LOT of battles played and a lot of players never have this issue. I am one of those, so if I am unable to duplicate the issue we NEED replays submitted in tickets for our Devs to see what is going on.

Beyond that, the first thing we will tell you is remove any mods from the game and see if it goes away

If the majority of players don't have this issue and a small isolated group does, there is a chance we will never see it. This is why we NEED the replays.

-Hapa

As a mediocre player, I usually assume the problem lies with me.  Now, that I know others are seeing an issue, which I have gathered from reading this forum, I will be submitting tickets to help resolve this problem.  I do suspect the Modstation is my problem.  Other problems with mod has showed up after several days and only towards the end of the battle.  Remove the mod, problem solved.  Where do we submit tickets to mod developers?  Switching in and out of mods and relearning my aiming methods is frustrating.

[TOG]
Members
262 posts
11,992 battles

It happens a lot with my Bourgogne too. Just remembered that. Wonder if it is main battery reload booster related.

Nevertheless, I will send in a ticket Hapa.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
6 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

As a mediocre player, I usually assume the problem lies with me.  Now, that I know others are seeing an issue, which I have gathered from reading this forum, I will be submitting tickets to help resolve this problem.  I do suspect the Modstation is my problem.  Other problems with mod has showed up after several days and only towards the end of the battle.  Remove the mod, problem solved.  Where do we submit tickets to mod developers?  Switching in and out of mods and relearning my aiming methods is frustrating.

Our first suggestion will ALWAYS be to remove mods and play and see if the problem persists.

TBH, and this has been my experience for years. A LOT of the times, after mods are removed, a problem disappears....

-Hapa

[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,083 battles
23 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

Then I'll start sending those in then, thanks.

• Cool 1

[TSG4C]
Members
206 posts
9,348 battles

When submitting a ticket a player needs to remove the mods and perform a WGcheck.   If removing the mods resolves the issue then the problem lies with the mods, correct?  How does the mod get fixed?

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,535 battles
1 minute ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

When submitting a ticket a player needs to remove the mods and perform a WGcheck.   If removing the mods resolves the issue then the problem lies with the mods, correct?  How does the mod get fixed?

This would be correct, the best way to inform a mod maker is in the mod maker section of these forums.

-Hapa

• Thanks 1

[HWIN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
140 posts
8,701 battles

Just sent in my ticket with replays. Happened at least twice last night, and may have had a hand in getting me killed in one of those games. Here's hoping it's fixed.