Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Wiki Overmatch Chart

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,421
[UNHLY]
Members
5,373 posts
14,897 battles

What do you want to discuss?

You need 371.8mm guns to overmatch 26mm plating, but since currently there are no guns in game in the 371-380mm range (the jump is from 356mm to 380mm), 26mm plating can bounce AP from any guns smaller than 380mm. The actual overmatch threshold is the 371.8mm mentioned above, but the practical threshold is 380mm. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,482
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,215 posts
26,997 battles

I can't even see the image, the forum acts real funny for me since November, that a bunch of images don't show up at all.  Even the smileys don't show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[WOLF5]
Members
1,693 posts
12,200 battles

It certainly seems like a misstatement as 380 mm shells ought to overmatch this thickness of armor, per the calculation shown, and, by my understanding of this definition, not be bounced even if the armor is at an angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[CSG]
[CSG]
Members
62 posts
14,980 battles

discuss the fact that the chart & "mechanics" it represents r  completely irrelevent to RNG.

RNG rolls pen...it's penned.

not real world, not real physics/mechanics...RNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,072
[CNO]
Members
6,798 posts
20,424 battles
5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

What do you want to discuss?

You need 371.8mm guns to overmatch 26mm plating, but since currently there are no guns in game in the 371-380mm range (the jump is from 356mm to 380mm), 26mm plating can bounce AP from any guns smaller than 380mm. The actual overmatch threshold is the 371.8mm mentioned above, but the practical threshold is 380mm. 

If that is the case, then the previous overmatch for 25mm is worded incorrectly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,421
[UNHLY]
Members
5,373 posts
14,897 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If that is the case, then the previous overmatch for 25mm is worded incorrectly. 

Yes I agree one or the other is worded incorrectly - 25mm is up to and including, but 26mm is only up to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,327
[SALVO]
Members
9,514 posts
6,975 battles
10 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Text highlighted in red..discuss.

ap.thumb.jpg.48f298674e4a0314a989366dab73cc78.jpg

Guess they copied the wrong cell... or they didn't like saying "as useless as 25 mm"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
616
[BOTO]
Members
1,475 posts
19,057 battles
11 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Text highlighted in red..discuss.

ap.thumb.jpg.48f298674e4a0314a989366dab73cc78.jpg

As far as I'm concerned it's wrong.  Two columns to the left it's clear that 371mm overmatches, so how can it bounce anything over 371mm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[SCOM]
Members
307 posts
10,368 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can't even see the image, the forum acts real funny for me since November, that a bunch of images don't show up at all.  Even the smileys don't show.

Try clearing your temporary internet files from your browser.   All the cached images and temp files, no need to clear cookies unless you want to as it will clear all your site credentials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×