You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Helstrem

Tactics to deal with Cristoforo Colombo

63 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles

I just faced off against Cristoforo Colombo in my first match in Shikishima and I couldn't find a way to mitigate its damage.  Every salvo seemed to do 10-20k, even directly bow in to it.  Does anybody have an suggestions?

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
107 posts
14,808 battles

Don't really have an answer per se, but when is the Cristoforo Colombo coming out..?

0 posts
19 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I just faced off against Cristoforo Colombo in my first match in Shikishima and I couldn't find a way to mitigate its damage.  Every salvo seemed to do 10-20k, even directly bow in to it.  Does anybody have an suggestions?

I assume that he was using his SAP? If it has the same autobounce angles as CA SAP, that stuff is gonna be murder.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
Just now, rabidrabit said:

Actually a jest meant in good fun. 

I'm thinking that type of jest is going to be iffy for awhile lol.

• Sad 1

[STW-A]
Members
303 posts
21,587 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

I'm thinking that type of jest is going to be iffy for awhile lol.

Ya, people seem to get quite triggered!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,383 posts
8,585 battles
21 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I think that's the point of it when it uses SAP: you can't really mitigate it. Yea I know, great design from WG.

• Sad 2

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
1 minute ago, rabidrabit said:

Ya, people seem to get quite triggered!

Yeah, saw a lot of those triggered types in the news a couple days ago lol.

• Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,763 posts
6,907 battles
4 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

I assume that he was using his SAP? If it has the same autobounce angles as CA SAP, that stuff is gonna be murder.

Yes, he was using SAP exclusively.

[STW-A]
Members
303 posts
21,587 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah, saw a lot of those triggered types in the news a couple days ago lol.

Well ya, the news cycle is all about getting people triggered.  Great ratings.  We would all be a lot better off if we stopped letting others push our buttons.  

• Thanks 12

[FOXY]
Members
3,362 posts
8,171 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Yes, he was using SAP exclusively.

Im still surprised they decided to give SAP to a BB. I cant wait for it personally, but its going to ruin peoples lives in Randoms and if they make SAP useless nobody will play Italian BBs.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,709 battles
13 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

Well ya, the news cycle is all about getting people triggered.  Great ratings.  We would all be a lot better off if we stopped letting others push our buttons.  

Agreed.

[DPG]
Members
2,106 posts
11,950 battles

Another ship added to the game that neuters other ships.  If they want faster battles just reduce the time to 5 minutes.  Problem solved, no more "Well, how do we add something to the game that ignores all the established rules we've spent years setting up?  Oh, I know! we'll add SAP to BBs!"   I'm getting so sick of this.  Add an arguably OP ship to the game, piss off the player base, tweak it into oblivion, piss off the players that liked the ship, rinse, repeat.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,717 posts
19,688 battles

I posted in another thread that yesterday I faced off against a Marco Polo in my Missouri. Each of his SAP salvos took off 10-14k health and I was angled in. Thankfully I caught him broadside and took off 24k with my first salvo but after that it was brutal. I had to back off while my team helped burn him down. I am truly not looking forward to seeing more of those in randoms. 

[HINON]
Members
9,245 posts
13,933 battles
21 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Im still surprised they decided to give SAP to a BB. I cant wait for it personally, but its going to ruin peoples lives in Randoms and if they make SAP useless nobody will play Italian BBs.

exactly, WG put themselves in a corner when giving the cruisers SAP, because that meant the gimmick would be SAP, and BB caliber SAP is going to insanely powerful, WG clearly didnt look forward enough to see that, so now they have the problem of the Italian BBs being either OP because of their SAP, or meh/trash if they nerf the SAP too much

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,383 posts
20 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

WG clearly didnt look forward enough to see that

WG look forward? seriously lol  ?

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
9,245 posts
13,933 battles
20 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

WG look forward? seriously lol  ?

they dont look too far forward into the games future was what i was saying, like how they didnt think about how hard BB SAP would be to balance if they made the Italians gimmick SAP, which they have

[TF-64]
Members
75 posts
2,077 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Cristoforo Colombo is special from my perspective because it has the exhaust smoke generator(its a battleship by the way) which surprised me when one of them used it when I was attacking a Colombo. I don't know much about its armor or firepower but I do know that if your under attack by planes don't expect your AA guns to save you since Colombo's AA is really poor(I faced 2 Colombos in Midway in separate battles) although its still better than Yamato's. 

2 hours ago, Alevon said:

Don't really have an answer per se, but when is the Cristoforo Colombo coming out..?

I believe its on February 17,2021 when update 0.10.0 takes place since they already made the wiki pages for the new Italian BB line.

Edited by AdmiralFlame76

[KWF]
Members
6,717 posts
7,321 battles

The real fun part is how Italian BBs seem to be balanced by shotgun accuracy, but at the same time they should have access to the dispersion skill with the rework :Smile_hiding:. And let's not forget Cristoforo gets 360 degree rear turrets for good measure. 

Im sure it will also be enjoyable with Marco Polo with 12km concealment and 1.8 sigma instead of the 1.5 the rest get.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
715 posts
9,102 battles

Sap in a cruiser sucks to deal with. Sap in a BB sounds awful. Introducing a BB ship line that has no angling defense is going to be very toxic. Is there a defense against it besides firing from behind islands?

the more strategic elements they remove, the less interested in the game will become. Bang bang is fun for a bit, but the strategy keeps me coming back. Yes, I’m fully aware luck plays a huge part as well; but just about every war game has a large luck element .

Members
822 posts
6,303 battles

becouse HE spammers was not bad enought now we get large caliber SAP to give the middle finger to anyone who wants to close the distance and brawl, Guess is just another way to promote fun and engaging gameplay where everyone is  either sniping from 20km away or behind an island :Smile_facepalm:

realy hope WG will reduce the satuation point of every section except the mid section. otherwise this is going to end horribly wrong. 

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,558 posts
11,226 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Well, if there only was a BB that had a very thick bow armor and very thick top deck armor to seriously reduce the effect of BB SAP .

It would be hard to find such a ship wouldn't it? I mean, since the Colombo isn't even out yet and every other BB already in the game couldnt POSSIBLY have been prepared to receive such ordnance in the face. Right?

Right?

Oh wait... I hear Putin laughing...

• Haha 2

[SIM]
Members
5,911 posts
9,432 battles

If you remain bow-in, wouldn’t damage saturation kick in and start cutting down the effectiveness of his SAP salvos?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
9,245 posts
13,933 battles
1 hour ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Introducing a BB ship line that has no angling defense is going to be very toxic.

i think SAP is able to bounce

[USN]
Members
1,753 posts
22,014 battles
4 hours ago, Helstrem said:

With the way they implemented SAP on RM cruisers, it basically meant that when you increase the caliber, the nastier (and bigger balancing headaches) SAP becomes. They also didn’t help themselves by going in a very different direction than what most people expected RM BBs to go; small caliber but a lot of guns

4 hours ago, Alevon said:

when is the Cristoforo Colombo coming out..?

10.0 is the captain rework, so I think 10.1 will be the start of ITL BB early access, with 10.2 seeing release of ITL BBs, which would be Mid-Feb- Mid March