You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gemlin

RANKED SUGGESTION FOR TEAM KILLING

12 comments in this topic

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
670 posts
18,293 battles

Can we add a penalty to Team Killing in ranked.... -50% to base exp?
People are team killing at the end of the game to "guarantee" that they are top of the losing team and to save their star.

a -50% base exp reduction for team killing would stop this.

• Haha 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles

Note the names and send them and the replay to Support. They will take care of the cheats maybe even ban then.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

The vast majority of team damage is not intentional but if you think that it was on purpose a support ticket with the replay.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts

This why I stopped playing ranked...

Report them, send the names and replay to WoWs and if they are not banned... scream... this is the sort of thing that needs to be stomped on HARD!

Edited by kiwi1960

[-HUGS]
Members
236 posts
7,065 battles

I would have never thought it was a thing;  this is the type of stuff that can be pulled only once every X other games or the player will lose access to random/ranked battles completely as he turns orange. You have to meet some specific in-game conditions to execute this properly as well, or  the player risk turning pink while still losing its star.

But I believe this suggestion makes lot of sense as it removes the incentive for teamkill in ranked battles, and I can't see any downside to it.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
670 posts
18,293 battles

This weeks ranked session, I haven't seen it, but last rank session, I saw it twice. Again, damage occasionally happens, but if you SINK your team mate and your team loses, you should get a -50% base exp penalty to your score. (This will make sure you will not be top of your team and save your star).

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,533 battles
On 1/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, Gemlin said:

This weeks ranked session, I haven't seen it, but last rank session, I saw it twice. Again, damage occasionally happens, but if you SINK your team mate and your team loses, you should get a -50% base exp penalty to your score. (This will make sure you will not be top of your team and save your star).

Please submit replays of this with a detailed explanation like you have here of why you think they are doing the TKing.

-Hapa

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles

Good grief...

Never been a big fan of ranked, especially the new version; but would never even consider something like this.

What’s even the point?

My suckage is my own, and I’ll own it, but still try as hard as I can within those limitations; anything else would just be unsatisfying.

On a related note; wasn’t there a thread once complaining about TK in Clan Wars?

iirc, it was said to have been done to keep the other team from getting kill points?

If true, that must have been stomped hard, because I’ve not heard about any such since.

0 posts

Don't waste your time sending in tickets, reports, or replays. WG will reply that they have a TK punishment system that will handle the problem. The only one who gets punished by sending in tickets is the guy who wastes 15 minutes trying to figure out exactly how to do it. I speak based on personal experience.

Edited by mrieder79

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
On 1/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Gemlin said:

Can we add a penalty to Team Killing in ranked.... -50% to base exp?
People are team killing at the end of the game to "guarantee" that they are top of the losing team and to save their star.

a -50% base exp reduction for team killing would stop this.

Taking already gives an XP reduction...not sure of the logic in that scenario...if you've already done good enough to save a star...how does TKing benefit you exactly?

[-HUGS]
Members
236 posts
7,065 battles
15 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Taking already gives an XP reduction...not sure of the logic in that scenario...if you've already done good enough to save a star...how does TKing benefit you exactly?

The idea is to kill the player that could surpass you, so that you beat him to the punch. Assuming that only 2 players including you are actually competing for the star, it becomes an "option" to secure it.

Getting purple doesn't not actually carry a huge penalty currently, so it's actually very plausible. The XP reduction and the credits deducted  from the final scores are quite minimal for a first offense (getting pink).  The difficulty, is that you need to sink the right player, at the right time. And you can only sink one player, every 3 game (you can't really pull this out if you're pink already).  Sometime, it is very difficult to evaluate who is actually going to receive the most base XP and save his star but in some games where most of the team got sunk early, it could  become relatively easy to evaluate that. And then, there are tools such as Matchmaking Monitors that can also assist you evaluating who has the most potential. It is doable but quite risky IMHO. But I can imagine some people getting good at this, if they meet the in-game conditions they need.

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,427 battles
3 hours ago, Mr_Argamas said:

The idea is to kill the player that could surpass you, so that you beat him to the punch. Assuming that only 2 players including you are actually competing for the star, it becomes an "option" to secure it.

Getting purple doesn't not actually carry a huge penalty currently, so it's actually very plausible. The XP reduction and the credits deducted  from the final scores are quite minimal for a first offense (getting pink).  The difficulty, is that you need to sink the right player, at the right time. And you can only sink one player, every 3 game (you can't really pull this out if you're pink already).  Sometime, it is very difficult to evaluate who is actually going to receive the most base XP and save his star but in some games where most of the team got sunk early, it could  become relatively easy to evaluate that. And then, there are tools such as Matchmaking Monitors that can also assist you evaluating who has the most potential. It is doable but quite risky IMHO. But I can imagine some people getting good at this, if they meet the in-game conditions they need.

I still stands on the WTH stance on this...if they're able to get good at that they're good enough to just save their star w/out wasting time thinking about doing that.