Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fleet_Admiral_Joseph

After Dieing Spectating Bug

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
11 posts
2,603 battles

After you die when you try to Spectate another player sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont like it will not allow you to Spectate a different player as in if you are Spectating say yourself it sometimes wont even allow you to Spectate anyone just your sinking ship sometimes I'm hoping this gets fixed soon because sometimes it can tend to be annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts

I hate to do this, but FYI... its "Dying" (in your post title)

 

as for your problem, not seen that at all (Try pressing the SHIFT key, you MIGHT have gone to FREE spectate mode)

Edited by kiwi1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,480
[SR-_-]
Members
5,018 posts
46,796 battles

It jumps to a player by panning the view in the direction of the player on your team. It then jumps to that one based on proximity. then you have to turn view to another player or you will not be able to jump to another. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
4 hours ago, Fleet_Admiral_Joseph said:

After you die when you try to Spectate another player sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont like it will not allow you to Spectate a different player as in if you are Spectating say yourself it sometimes wont even allow you to Spectate anyone just your sinking ship sometimes I'm hoping this gets fixed soon because sometimes it can tend to be 

Yes this has been happening quite often with me on and off for months now . Very annoying !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[PHD]
Members
284 posts
16,754 battles

I often have the problem that left-click and right-click don't switch to the next/prev ship as they should.

But centering on another ship and hitting the space bar has never failed me. After which left/right click seem to work again.

And as Kiwi mentioned, you may have accidentally hit the shift key. I know that's happened to me more than once.

Worst case in free spectate mode you can fly around and keep tabs on the battle. And/or check out all the scenery!

Edited by Potohto928
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,134 posts
16,115 battles

A quick double tap of the Esc key will also allow it to work again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,423
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,565 posts
12,999 battles
2 hours ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

A quick double tap of the Esc key will also allow it to work again.

 Thanks that's good to know I will give that a try .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,684 posts
2,054 battles
5 hours ago, Potohto928 said:

free spectate mode you can fly around and keep tabs on the battle.

Ever try using the scroll wheel in free spectate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,806 posts
11,098 battles
On 1/10/2021 at 1:03 AM, Fleet_Admiral_Joseph said:

After you die when you try to Spectate another player sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont like it will not allow you to Spectate a different player as in if you are Spectating say yourself it sometimes wont even allow you to Spectate anyone just your sinking ship sometimes I'm hoping this gets fixed soon because sometimes it can tend to be annoying.

 

On 1/10/2021 at 6:20 AM, Potohto928 said:

I often have the problem that left-click and right-click don't switch to the next/prev ship as they should.

But centering on another ship and hitting the space bar has never failed me. After which left/right click seem to work again.

And as Kiwi mentioned, you may have accidentally hit the shift key. I know that's happened to me more than once.

Worst case in free spectate mode you can fly around and keep tabs on the battle. And/or check out all the scenery!

Thanks for the info!

#anchorsaweigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
72
[PHD]
Members
284 posts
16,754 battles
On 1/10/2021 at 12:27 PM, black_hull4 said:

Ever try using the scroll wheel in free spectate?

Yep.

Zoom far enough out and you can see the whole map.

And it can be fun to see how much you can zoom in before the software thinks you're inside something and kicks you back out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×