You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Random Torps in Co-Op?

21 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
261 posts
1,704 battles

Ive been playing some Co-Op as of late as it is easier to complete missions in that in randoms for some things and I have noticed over the course of playing and especially my most recent game where I was killed by one. I was charging a Sinop in my Trento to kill it with torps after killing the enemy DD and CA that was there so there were no other ships around that could physically launch torps. Just a Sinop and a Nagato a bit further away. No CV either as well so I am very confused. It was a single torp that just randomly appeared from nowhere as if it was coming from the Sinop. Is this some new Russian bias mechanic that if you ever close the gap to a ship too quick magical torpedoes will appear to defend it. No it was not launched from any of of the aforementioned DD's or CA as they had been long dead by that point and besides neither of them were British and capable of launching a single torp.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,941 posts
31,955 battles

Might have been launched by a bot just prior to dying, and took time to get to you.  Please post a replay and we might be able to see where it came from.

[EQV]
Members
261 posts
1,704 battles

I had killed all the bots that could launch torps and passed their sinking wrecks a bit back so unless one of them somehow launched a single torps then outrun it all the way to the fight and die

6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Might have been launched by a bot just prior to dying, and took time to get to you.  Please post a replay and we might be able to see where it came from.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,038 posts

Some ships have long range torps.  It could have been fired a lot earlier than you think, and just showed up as you were engaging the Sinop.  It could have been a spread that actually hit the sinop, leaving only 1 that missed, which you detected afterward, making it look like it came from the Sinop.

In a coop game a few days ago, I saw a red bot torp another red bot.  They don’t really pay attention to teammates when launching torps.

Edited by SeaGladius

[EQV]
Members
261 posts
1,704 battles
21 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Some ships have long range torps.  It could have been fired a lot earlier than you think, and just showed up as you were engaging the Sinop.  It could have been a spread that actually hit the sinop, leaving only 1 that missed, which you detected afterward, making it look like it came from the Sinop.

In a coop game a few days ago, I saw a red bot torp another red bot.  They don’t really pay attention to teammates when launching torps.

There were no other ships and the Sinop was full health

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
389 posts

I had dead Hindenburgh, that' I just nuked in my Harugumo somehow manage launch 4 torps at me well after "it" (bot) had blown up last night. At first I thought server lag or something but... I really don't think it was a detection range issue either, I was still very near him (island ambush).

I've also noticed that often when I try to get those last torps off before I go down nothing happens, even though I'm spam clicking well beforehand.

Who knows. I blame bot-bias! :D

[PVE]
Members
11,204 posts
19,830 battles

I wasn't in that battle, but I had a torp disappear from another battle. It could be cross battle contamination, or show the replay.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,949 battles

A replay would help. But there was a post of this issue last year, and it was corrected. 

Having said that, it might be possible it is still a bug, or a stray torpedo like other players mentioned. 

But there is a 3rd possibility though, that on that day in question, I was playing my Benham and launched an unprecedented number of torps.

My last time I played was about 10:00PM Central Time Zone US as time reference. If you were playing at that time, then maybe my 128 torpedoes may have overloaded the server and a few escaped the map and went onto yours. 

If they hit your ship, then sorry, my bad. 

I will try to keep the torpedo blossom down to 64. Maybe that will mitigate the issue.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts

Yesterday, I saw a ghost salvo of friendly torps  going across the far end of the map.   There were no ships over there.    Nobody could have launched them- but there they were, lol.  

ALL of the remaining green ships were on my side of the map, and the only torpedo armed ally that had been over there  had been  several kms away-  in the direction the torps were headed- and he had been killed minutes before that.

Also had a Russian cruiser launch a single torp at me the other day.

Weird stuff going on the last few days...

Beta Testers
1,831 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I wasn't in that battle, but I had a torp disappear from another battle. It could be cross battle contamination, or show the replay.

Were you in a Simms? Because it takes at least three battles for those to reach their target.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
14,748 posts
31,408 battles

2 possibilities that come to mind not seeing a replay to verify...

1. Might have been the infamous ghost torps depending on how long it/they appeared after you killed any ships within range that had torps? Bots have an infamous ability to launch torps well after the ship has been killed (many seconds). It happens a LOT. You nuke the ship and if you are close you sail on assuming you are safe and then all of a sudden you see torps drop from the sinking hull to nuke you. Or, you kill a bot ship further out and alter your course and speed in case it had put torps on you only to run into a perfect spread of them, from the dead ship, that nuke you. Torps that ONLY could have come after you sunk it as you changed course and speed. This is a very common thing with bot torps in Co-op. They cheat as badly sending their torps at you as they do dodging your torps at them.
  2. The other possibility that pops to mind for me is something that has been going on for a while now. You will see torps run and run and run across the map and even past and beyond the border. They go on forever; long past their max range. I don't know if they would still activate if they hit anything but see this now and then. Has to be some kind of bug.
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[GOCRY]
Members
1,038 posts
13 hours ago, Yesman1337 said:

There were no other ships and the Sinop was full health

Look man, we’re all trying to come up with plausible ways that your situation could have happened.  But if you want to believe that the Sinop torped you, then you do you.

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
3,397 posts
8,171 battles
29 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Look man, we’re all trying to come up with plausible ways that your situation could have happened.  But if you want to believe that the Sinop torped you, then you do you.

i just..dont get why players never post replays in these situations.

Members
30 posts
3,036 battles
16 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I have actually noticed this happening a fair bit in coop matches. Does not dissuade me from participating in the matches though. 

[EQV]
Members
261 posts
1,704 battles
On 1/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, Princess_Daystar said:

i just..dont get why players never post replays in these situations.

How do I get replays. I have no idea where to get them from though I would gladly post it if I knew how to get it.

[FOXY]
Members
3,397 posts
8,171 battles
4 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

How do I get replays. I have no idea where to get them from though I would gladly post it if I knew how to get it.

If you installed the game through Wargaming it will be in the games install location "Replay" Will be the folder name.

If you installed the game through steam, it will be found in the steam directory: "Steam/SteamApps/Common/World of Warships/Replays"

[WOLFX]
Members
63 posts
7,253 battles

At the end of matches, you can hover your mouse over torpedoes section in the battle results screen and it will show you whose torpedoes you got hit with (you can do the same for fires, bombs AP/HE shells, etc too)

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
767 posts

alot of crazy stuff happens in bot play but random torps I have never seen.