You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

How to obtain Ohio?

37 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
710 posts
9,055 battles

Reset some lines in the RB and in a few months you’ll have enough points to earn her. If you have a ton FXP laying around or want to whale it using FXP, that’s an option too. Only way to buy it is with RB points though.

[FOXY]
Members
3,230 posts
8,096 battles

Still available, it costs 63k RB points, which as Pirate above said you get from resetting lines.

You can also earn i think 1-2k per month when the missions reset, and the Dockyard this time around is giving points per stage completed *after* the maximum stages has been reached.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles

Just do double RP resets whenever they're available, and blow through the line regrind using special signals. You'll have enough RP in about half a year, without a hard grind.

I just reset my USN DD line (since I have commanders for all the ships and like the playstyle), already have 65k points. Waiting for some cool ship, don't particularly want anything that's offered right now.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

Around every quarter there's a double RB points reward bonus for the first one.  Go into the "Tech Tree" tab and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a notification on when the next reset for RB bonus points will take place.

Be very careful about blowing FreeXP for this.  FreeXP'ing up a line is a costly venture in points.  You're not going to get Ohio in one go, especially if your stockpile of RB points was low to begin with.

A normal completion of a line reset grants 5k RB points, IIRC.  10k with the bonus.

[PVE]
Members
14,695 posts
31,240 battles

Sell you soul to WG Satan and reset lines to earn RB pts.

I did it and am not proud of it but wanted that one ship badly. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
1 hour ago, Qilang said:

still available?

I heard they took her off the market in April, 1788. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles
5 minutes ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

What about the free xp for RB pts? How does that work?

You expend FreeXP for RB grinding the same way you did as if you wanted to speed up progress on any line.  You research the bare minimum modules needed to get to the next tier ship.  To get to the next tier ship you do not need to research all the modules.  Pay attention to the requirements.

Below is an example for Tier VI French Cruiser La Gal.  To research and unlock Tier VII Algerie, all I need is to research the next hull and then VII Algerie herself.  I do not need to research the 2nd Gunfire Control System Module for La Gal to unlock VII Algerie.

shot-21-01-09-13-00-42-0079.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
723 posts
8,354 battles
2 minutes ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

1 - Reset the line;

2 - Free XP to tier 10;

3 - Buy the ships that give RP;

4 - Win a battle with each.

Only for people with either way too much time in their hands (accumulating FXP through sheer play time) or too much money and too little sense (converting FXP using cash).

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Banned
141 posts
753 battles
1 minute ago, Kartaugh said:

1 - Reset the line;

2 - Free XP to tier 10;

3 - Buy the ships that give RP;

4 - Win a battle with each.

Only for people with either way too much time in their hands (accumulating FXP through sheer play time) or too much money and too little sense (converting FXP using cash).

Dont you use the special flags to grind FXP. I have been getting a fair amount lately.  I think im getting all of that in FXP since I have the Alsace already researched, correct? So that would be the 11k+8.5k+13k+9.9k = all FXP?

image.thumb.png.2ac300d08e486ae07c772bcbfbf3cea3.pngimage.thumb.png.397948b275ec6c84d1ff4dedf8793218.png

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
  1. blood 
  2. sweat
  3. tears of a thousand kittens
  4. a plate of your mom's chocolate chip cookies
  5. unlock 4 + tier 10 tech tree ships
  6. reset some fully researched tech trees
  7. more blood, kittens, etc..

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
723 posts
8,354 battles
26 minutes ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

Dont you use the special flags to grind FXP. I have been getting a fair amount lately.  I think im getting all of that in FXP since I have the Alsace already researched, correct? So that would be the 11k+8.5k+13k+9.9k = all FXP?

Yes, and then my special flags ran out.

P.S.: No, the FXP you got there was the 8.5k + 9.9k. The rest goes to ship xp so WeeGee can try to fleece you when you unwisely decide to convert it into FXP via cash.

[WOLF9]
Members
519 posts

I did it the fxp way. Did the shima line multiple times. Sad to use all  fxp, but it is the quick way to do the grind to get a ship you really want. 

[SLDS]
Members
145 posts
8,571 battles
50 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

A normal completion of a line reset grants 5k RB points, IIRC.  10k with the bonus.

Actually it’s 10,200 normally, 20,400 with the x2 bonus for the season (CV lines give 8k, 16k with bonus). Still questionable to free xp up lines for it, but depending on how much free xp you have and what ships you really want it could be worth it for some players. More practical would be to just free xp the upgrade you need to get to the next ship to make the grinds easier by not having to use all stock modules (usually the hull leading to the next ship).

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,748 posts
6,865 battles

I am told the IJN gunboat DD line is the most efficient line to reset.

[ARGSY]
Members
773 posts
11,694 battles
14 minutes ago, Shadow_Woof said:

Actually it’s 10,200 normally, 20,400 with the x2 bonus for the season (CV lines give 8k, 16k with bonus). Still questionable to free xp up lines for it, but depending on how much free xp you have and what ships you really want it could be worth it for some players. More practical would be to just free xp the upgrade you need to get to the next ship to make the grinds easier by not having to use all stock modules (usually the hull leading to the next ship).

Yes, 20,000 for a 2X line. Wait for those. Actually found that regrinding lines is not a bad thing. Fun to go through a line again. Except the American DDs. They were so much fun the first time but are so outdated now. 

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
5 hours ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

My tactic is resetting the IJN gunboat DD line quarterly for FXP. I end up with probably 2.5-3M FXP per quarter, so a chunk goes into that reset for the double RB points, and the rest goes for saving for the next FXP ship release.

Banned
141 posts
753 battles
45 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

My tactic is resetting the IJN gunboat DD line quarterly for FXP. I end up with probably 2.5-3M FXP per quarter, so a chunk goes into that reset for the double RB points, and the rest goes for saving for the next FXP ship release.

Thanks but I'm not following the double RB points. Can you explain please. You are able to get these double RB points every 4 months?

Edited by NoSpot_NoShot

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,745 posts
23,421 battles
15 minutes ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

Thanks but I'm not following the double RB points. Can you explain please. You are able to get these double RB points every 4 months?

So every three months a new research bureau season begins, you may research a line....but just one .....for double the RB points each season. Every other line that you reset other than the first one each season just brings the single reward, 10,200 total RB for single and 20,400 for the double. 

Banned
141 posts
753 battles
15 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

So every three months a new research bureau season begins, you may research a line....but just one .....for double the RB points each season. Every other line that you reset other than the first one each season just brings the single reward, 10,200 total RB for single and 20,400 for the double. 

So if I want double research points, I need to reset the same line every quarter? Also if I reset the French bb line in the first quarter I am restricted to reset it again till next quarter?  = 81,600k RB for resetting one class line every quarter of the year?

Edited by NoSpot_NoShot

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles
8 minutes ago, NoSpot_NoShot said:

So if I want double research points, I need to reset the same line every quarter? Also if I reset the French bb line in the first quarter I am restricted to reset it again till next quarter?  

You can reset any number of lines in a quarter, but only the first line you reset gives you double points. It doesn't matter what line you reset in terms of earning research bureau points. The IJN DD gunboat line takes the least amount of ship XP from Tier I to Tier X, so if you are going to FXP a whole line, that is the one.

Resetting any line gives the same research bureau points, except CVs give less because there are no odd tier CVs any more.

For example. You reset your first line in the research bureau (say, US destroyers). You earn an extra 10,000 RB points for unlocking the Research Bureau. You get 20,800 Research Bureau points for the reset (double points). You then reset French battleships the same day. You get 10,400 RB points for that. 

Earning the points attaches a snowflake to all the ships in the line from Tier V on up. You earn the points after winning a battle with each ship with a snowflake.

Snowflakes do stack, so you can stack earnable RB points on the ship over multiple seasons without earning them. The reason you might do that is to save the credit cost of buying the ships each time you earn an RB bonus and therefore only redeeming the points once when you have enough for the ship you wanted.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Banned
141 posts
753 battles
9 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

You can reset any number of lines in a quarter, but only the first line you reset gives you double points. It doesn't matter what line you reset in terms of earning research bureau points. The IJN DD gunboat line takes the least amount of ship XP from Tier I to Tier X, so if you are going to FXP a whole line, that is the one.

Resetting any line gives the same research bureau points, except CVs give less because there are no odd tier CVs any more.

Ok, I understand what your saying. That's very helpful thanks.  I'm out of +1s I'll get you tomorrow.

Edited by NoSpot_NoShot

[WOLF6]
Members
332 posts
8,884 battles
7 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I am told the IJN gunboat DD line is the most efficient line to reset.

I would suggest, reset lines you want to play.

• Cool 1