Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Dirt

EXP & Forts or Installations

18 comments in this topic

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
11,413 battles

Scenarios -- is any EXP gained when a player kills a fort or installation?  Thnx

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles

I think there is but it doesn't add to your damage dealt count. That is made up for in the increased XP and Credits pay outs in the scenarios.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles

Yes. That is why captains are always sailing around shooting forts and installations, plus the unarmed convoy ships in Killer Whale and the various other scenarios. I have no idea how much XP or credits they earn for each kill as WG, as far as I know, have never released that information. 

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles

Back in the day, there used to be fortifications on maps that you could shoot at.  There was also a bastion battle mode where that was your primary objective.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
2 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I have no idea how much XP or credits they earn for each kill as WG, as far as I know, have never released that information. 

It is higher than in regular co op battles. No real need for WG to say all we have to do is play the scenarios, win and see the amount awarded. Camo + Signals and win pays off quite well.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Scenarios -- is any EXP gained when a player kills a fort or installation?  Thnx

NO.  No damage counted.  Thus no XP.  We've tested it several times.

• Thanks 1

[--K--]
Supertester
1,624 posts
16,315 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So they wind up with a 0 if all they do is kill forts/installations? 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
5 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

So they wind up with a 0 if all they do is kill forts/installations? 

IIRC, yes.  (It's been a couple years.) There was some XP, but apparently it wasn't from damage.

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,461 battles
3 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Back in the day, there used to be fortifications on maps that you could shoot at.  There was also a bastion battle mode where that was your primary objective.

I remember bastion mode, it was DD hell when the red team controlled what amounted to HE doom cannons (forts) and island radar (surveillance stations). It made re-contesting points seemingly impossible unless you wanted a quick trip to the bottom.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,485 posts
11,176 battles

If anything the ribbons for the fort/installation kills are the ones that would reward xp/credits much like defended ribbons for resetting the cap.

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
11,413 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

That's been my impression -- although my assumption isn't empirically based.  The only EXP being gained is an indirect result of a mission goal (i.e. if one of the scenario mission goals is "destroy all installations to gain a star").  The player gains no direct EXP for killing an installation or bunker.  The only EXP gained is from the team getting a star for the installation kills -- which would be the same for the entire team regardless if a player was solely responsible for killing all installations and bunkers in a scenario.   

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
11,413 battles
19 hours ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

It is higher than in regular co op battles. No real need for WG to say all we have to do is play the scenarios, win and see the amount awarded. Camo + Signals and win pays off quite well.

I disagree -- which is why I asked the question.  

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
22 hours ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I'm pretty sure that destroying a fort or installation is rewarded with at least a ribbon on the post battle results screen, and probably some amount of credits & xp.
Not sure of the exact numbers, though.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
38 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

I disagree -- which is why I asked the question.  

Disagree all you care to. The XP and Credit earnings for Scenarios is considerably higher than regular Co op. Destroying Forts and Shore installations does not add to damage dealt but does add to ship XP and Credit warnings. 

Perhaps you should put in a support ticket and ask for the specifics. 

[GOB]
Members
3,005 posts
19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I tend to believe you, but then,  why do you see so many long term players who simply shoot building and then hide for the rest of the round never engaging ships during certain scenarios?

[SEOP]
Members
1,563 posts
11,413 battles
2 hours ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

Disagree all you care to. The XP and Credit earnings for Scenarios is considerably higher than regular Co op. Destroying Forts and Shore installations does not add to damage dealt but does add to ship XP and Credit warnings. 

Perhaps you should put in a support ticket and ask for the specifics. 

are u mad brah?  jezz.

• Haha 1

Members
1,714 posts
18,710 battles

All this raises a new question... if it's the kill ribbon and not the damage to a fort or instillation that determines the awarded XP can players be accused of kill stealing a fort??? :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles

Look at the base earnings.  Nowhere does it say that killing dirt buildings earns anything. It doesn't, directly.  (Earning a star might; not sure.)

Sign in to follow this