You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

The reason why we have 2 CV's a side in a match

14 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,607 posts
42,297 battles

So I finally found out why WG wants 2 CV's a side in a match.

The Research Bureau.

Because you will use all the free XP you ever saved to go up the line to a ship that has at least a fighting chance to shoot down the sky cancer.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 3

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
5 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

The Research Bureau.

Because you will use all the free XP you ever saved to go up the line to a ship that has at least a fighting chance to shoot down the sky cancer.

Umm.... What?

I mean, if you're burning FXP to get RB points, why wouldn't you use the line that requires the least XP? It's not like you're playing the ships anyway, who cares what the ship lineup is for the one match per ship you have to play? The RB sucks up your FXP as fast as possible already, no need to encourage people to play particular lines.

I'm certainly not suggesting that WG is above such things, but I really think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point here.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles

My sarcasm sense Is tingling - Suspicious Spiderman | Meme Generator

Well, the thing I'm curious about is do we have any actual statistics on how many captains reset their fully researched ship lines?  I know I had zero interest in repeating any of the lines I finished grinding through but was interested to see how many others had. 

Also, with the upcoming captain skills rework looming I wonder how many people feel their second grind through was worth it?

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,640 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Umm.... What?

I mean, if you're burning FXP to get RB points, why wouldn't you use the line that requires the least XP? It's not like you're playing the ships anyway, who cares what the ship lineup is for the one match per ship you have to play? The RB sucks up your FXP as fast as possible already, no need to encourage people to play particular lines.

I'm certainly not suggesting that WG is above such things, but I really think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point here.

Also yes.

[NONE]
Members
4,071 posts
12,573 battles
23 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

The Research Bureau.

Right, like AA is good for anything but teaching baby flying monkeys to just dodge flak clouds and learn DefAA cool-downs.

If a half-way decent CV wants you dead, there's nothing you can do about it. You can be in a Halland or an Ohio, and all you can do is delay the inevitable and enjoy the pretty graphics.

• Cool 10

[SALVO]
Members
3,711 posts
7,564 battles
16 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Right, like AA is good for anything but teaching baby flying monkeys to just dodge flak clouds and learn DefAA cool-downs.

If a half-way decent CV wants you dead, there's nothing you can do about it. You can be in a Halland or an Ohio, and all you can do is delay the inevitable and enjoy the pretty graphics.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[SIM]
Members
5,906 posts
9,414 battles
1 hour ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Sometimes I wonder if certain forum posters have actually played the game, or if they just watch grouchy streamers and parrot their complaints. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 12
  • Meh 2

[NONE]
Members
4,071 posts
12,573 battles
18 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sometimes I wonder if certain forum posters have actually played the game, or if they just watch grouchy streamers and parrot their complaints. 

I wonder if some posters actually ever have anything intelligent to contribute to the topic and just whine about other posters.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,065 posts
2,429 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

It seems like that a lot I wouldn't be surprised if that what some people on the forums are doing :Smile_hiding: 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
1 hour ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

The reason why we have 2 CV's a side in a match

Bad programming

Bad design you mean. The only bad programming affecting CVs is the autopilot....

Members
195 posts
6 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

The pretty graphics aren't worth it.

Funny how a mysterious router problem or totally innocent ISP disconnect solves the 2-CV problem...  :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,383 posts
15 hours ago, Turbotush said:

The Research Bureau.

Nah the floating pigeon coops make the devs panties wet watching the pigeons fly around doin' what pigeons do.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,698 battles
19 hours ago, Krasnaya_Slava said:

Funny how a mysterious router problem or totally innocent ISP disconnect solves the 2-CV problem...  :Smile_hiding:

Meh, YOLOing into the middle solves it faster....

• Cool 1