You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Conqueror Weirdly Doing Great In Ranked

14 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Started using Conqueror the last 2 days in Ranked and she does very well, I hit Rank 2 in Silver again easily. I'm kind of surprised because honestly she has no radar, no hydro, no defensive AA, no speedboost, etc. She does have the monster heal but her hitpoints are even low compared some other BB's I regularly see. 
I attribute her success to the fact that her HE is just as brutal as her AP and most people don't even expect the Conqueror to shoot AP but it hits quite hard. Take these screenshots of my last game for example: 
She did 92,000 damage just from the HE I fired and another 53k from AP. I did set 9 fires but they only did 33,700 damage which just shows you that most people in Ranked are survival specced and are putting out fires and floods fairly quickly. I had 3 citadels which 2 of those were on a Minotaur that I Dev struck and killed in one volley using HE. Yes, it's HE will Citadel and again most people I don't think expect that. 

When large BB's angle on you, I switch the the HE and I think they are shocked that I can still get 10k hits on them plus start fires. The HE just hits so hard even at angle but if given even a bit of broadside, the Conqueror AP can really mess you up bad. 

Anyway, just having fun trying different ships and seeing what kind of trouble I can get in to. Ranked is toxic so get out there and make it a bit more interesting. 

Conq.jpg

conq1.jpg

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts

One should stop highlighting ships that are fun to play for WG to nerf.- ssshhh :Smile_ohmy:

Don't help em make lists.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[VAST_]
Members
297 posts
7,314 battles

Thanks for the post OP. Been kind of intermittently working up the Brit BB line, I'm at KGV now and had almost given up on the line. Reading your post kind of makes me want to continue towards the Conquerer.

Cheers

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
437 posts
16,134 battles

Not weird to me, 10k in damage and at least one fire every 30 seconds and decent AP for broadsides at medium to close range. Conquer is a good ship, and also the reason I do t see a need for me to get Thunderer.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,369 battles
43 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

One should stop highlighting ships that are fun to play for WG to nerf.- ssshhh :Smile_ohmy:

Don't help em make lists.

He’s a b*st*rd for even mentioning this, aint he?

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts
1 hour ago, CapnCazuul said:

Thanks for the post OP. Been kind of intermittently working up the Brit BB line, I'm at KGV now and had almost given up on the line. Reading your post kind of makes me want to continue towards the Conquerer.

Cheers

I've owned the Conqueror for a couple of years but don't bring it out that often. I remember when it first came out, people were crying it was OP and unfair. That faded away after the release of so many other ships and a lot of people moved on to other things but this ship is still as deadly as it used to be. Most BB's only shoot HE if their target is angled and their AP is just not doing good. Even then, their HE might start fires but it's only hitting for a few thousand. The Conqueror on the other hand can hit for 10k on an angled ship very easily and if they turn broadside to fire all guns at you, the Conqueror can strike them extremely hard and even citadel with it's HE. However, the surprising part is the AP on this thing. It hits so freaking hard even at long ranges. I have citadeled Thunderers, Yammys, and other ships across the map. I went toe to toe with a Kremlin in Ranked and me and him were on top of each other brawling. He was at half health and I full broadsided him with AP and got 3 citadels and sunk him. He was in chat like wth was that? He thought I had cheated as it looked like he would get the easy win against me but it didn't turn out that way. 

Also, the Conqueror has great concealment so you can go dark and heal up or sneak in close and then hit them hard. I think you will be well pleased with the ship. Just remember to try out AP and don't just sling HE all the time. Good luck out there!

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts
50 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

He’s a b*st*rd for even mentioning this, aint he?

dam right:cap_viking:

Beta Testers
1,053 posts
15,734 battles

Conq is a great ship and the AP works well. Got my first (and at this stage only) 300k game in the Conq mainly from AP.

I prefer it to my Thunderer.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,042 posts
25,436 battles
5 hours ago, CapnCazuul said:

Cheers

Just be aware that at T8 is the Monarch which (along w/the QE...forget it's tier) is not an HE spammer like the rest of the line.

Their HE fire chance is more in line w/other nations fire chance & they're best used as standard AP spamming BBs.

But once you get past those 2 ships the standard commander fits well w/the rest of the line.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
154 posts
25,551 battles
7 hours ago, custer_14 said:

Not weird to me, 10k in damage and at least one fire every 30 seconds and decent AP for broadsides at medium to close range. Conquer is a good ship, and also the reason I do t see a need for me to get Thunderer.

Two words.  Cruiser dispersion

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
437 posts
16,134 battles
9 hours ago, DigitalRebel said:

Two words.  Cruiser dispersion

Two words... twelve guns.

[-VT-]
Members
1,368 posts
31,325 battles
43 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Two words... twelve guns.

Two words.....two words

[ARRSE]
Members
226 posts
1,429 battles
17 hours ago, custer_14 said:

Thunderer makes a credit profit in co-op (without flags and signals), if you need to do some no-loss event grinding there for some reason.

Edited by Turbogerbil