Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrypticTaco

Shocked? Not Really... Disappointed? Very...

30 comments in this topic

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles

Odd Title but feel it suits what i wanna say...

As everyone knows 2020 has been a crapyear for most with job losses, tight for cash due to the ongoing pandemic.

Now with that in mind and the issue a few weeks ago of the loot boxes being rigged (and from what i gather people still waiting on refunds!), who at wargaming said f** all the people who still own coupons for 25% off premium ships with doubloons in the armory? cause i saved it for today when i thought i could buy a georgia for 25% off, but low and behold wargaming seem to pick and chose what ur coupons apply to... 

This isnt me demanding wargaming give the voucher an allowance here (cause we all know thats never gonna happen) but seriously wargaming? lucky for myself i will still be buying a georgia as i want one and if i make the coal in time cool i can buy another ship, but seriously wargaming stop with this picking and chosing of when we can use discounts we have held onto for aslong as most of us can remember.

Like i said i will still be buying The USS Georgia (was tempted to get another if the voucher had been able to be applied) but shame on you wargaming...

• Boring 4

[SALVO]
Members
9,526 posts
6,979 battles

There were a series of "promotional" coupons that expired today (or last night, not really sure). Those were "special ones" for Christmas season and had a shorter expiration, it was clearly pointed and the coupons even had a different color than the regular ones, I guess those are what you are referring in your post and I really don't see what's the issue about them. Also, you should have in your Armory the "regular" coupons, one of them for 25% discount, unless you already used it. In any case, the expiration date was explicitly indicated, even had a timer on it and I'm sure because I used one yesterday precisely because it was about to expire.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Boring 1

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

There were a series of "promotional" coupons that expired today (or last night, not really sure). Those were "special ones" for Christmas season and had a shorter expiration, it was clearly pointed and the coupons even had a different color than the regular ones, I guess those are what you are referring in your post and I really don't see what's the issue about them. Also, you should have in your Armory the "regular" coupons, one of them for 25% discount, unless you already used it. In any case, the expiration date was explicitly indicated, even had a timer on it and I'm sure because I used on yesterday precisely because it was about to expire.

nah i got ones that run out in june of this yea, and yer i know about the christmas coupons and saw they ran out literally on the min they put tier 9s in for doubloons, so knew i would have to save this one... 

image.thumb.png.ec47678272ad52b32e9b53fd9dbb3933.png

Edited by CrypticTaco

[SALVO]
Members
9,526 posts
6,979 battles

oops, that sucks when it happens mate... I've been there standing in front of the cashier with an expired coupon... the coupons had the expiration date stamped tho.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

oops, that sucks when it happens mate... I've been there standing in front of the cashier with an expired coupon... the coupons had the expiration date stamped tho.

oh it sucks, my line of work i get it all the time have to turn people away for expired coupons just find it cheeky wargaming have excluded the tier 9 doubloon ships from the voucher but oh wells 

[SALVO]
Members
9,526 posts
6,979 battles
16 minutes ago, CrypticTaco said:

oh it sucks, my line of work i get it all the time have to turn people away for expired coupons just find it cheeky wargaming have excluded the tier 9 doubloon ships from the voucher but oh wells 

ah.. I misread your OP... yes, it is cheeky... $$$ must flow

• Meh 1

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

ah.. I misread your OP... yes, it is cheeky... $$$ must flow

All good! and cant blame them 100% company i work for does it... lol

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
1 hour ago, CrypticTaco said:

As everyone knows 2020 has been a crapyear for most with job losses, tight for cash due to the ongoing pandemic.

Now with that in mind and the issue a few weeks ago of the loot boxes being rigged (and from what i gather people still waiting on refunds!), who at wargaming said f** all the people who still own coupons for 25% off premium ships with doubloons in the armory? cause i saved it for today when i thought i could buy a georgia for 25% off, but low and behold wargaming seem to pick and chose what ur coupons apply to... 

This isnt me demanding wargaming give the voucher an allowance here (cause we all know thats never gonna happen) but seriously wargaming? lucky for myself i will still be buying a georgia as i want one and if i make the coal in time cool i can buy another ship, but seriously wargaming stop with this picking and chosing of when we can use discounts we have held onto for aslong as most of us can remember.

Like i said i will still be buying The USS Georgia (was tempted to get another if the voucher had been able to be applied) but shame on you wargaming...

WG actually gave out lots of T6 ships this past Dec.in loot boxes.  Alot of players received a Makarov for Xmas. :cap_haloween:

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
1 hour ago, CrypticTaco said:

I have to agree to this. Just honor the coupon.  It is kind of cheesy to pick and choose ships eligible. It should be a general coupon. 

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I have to agree to this. Just honor the coupon.  It is kind of cheesy to pick and choose ships eligible. It should be a general coupon. 

i did have half a mind to contact wargaming over it but we all know how that would go down.... 

[T_DH]
Members
11 posts
10,059 battles

Must be nice to be able to buy a ship at all, the amount they want for ships either cash, doubloons or resources. Don't get to play as much as I'd like so earning resources is slow, trying to find work and then working as much as I can when I can makes for no time and little money. Game is a good way to relax and unwind but ships cost too much in these messed up times.

• Cool 1

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
2 minutes ago, Harrydogs69 said:

Must be nice to be able to buy a ship at all, the amount they want for ships either cash, doubloons or resources. Don't get to play as much as I'd like so earning resources is slow, trying to find work and then working as much as I can when I can makes for no time and little money. Game is a good way to relax and unwind but ships cost too much in these messed up times.

agreed, this wasnt a topic started to bash people who couldnt but actually the opposite to show that people such as urself are having a real craptime of it all and if they could of just let this one thing slide after the mess what was the lootboxes they would of done some good... hell if the coupons worked i would of sent ya the money to use a coupon if u had a valid one... 

[CUDA]
Members
640 posts
9,526 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

WG actually gave out lots of T6 ships this past Dec.in loot boxes.  Alot of players received a Makarov for Xmas. :cap_haloween:

I got one, and happy to have it. I always wanted the 360 degree turrets on the Nazi light cruisers but didn't want to work the line to get them. 

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
18 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

I got one, and happy to have it. I always wanted the 360 degree turrets on the Nazi light cruisers but didn't want to work the line to get them. 

Lol I got one too funny thing is I also have the Nurnburg too. 

So now I have the same but diffrent ship in my inventory.:cap_book:

Members
616 posts
4,551 battles

I kinda like the Nurnberg siblings, all 3 of them.  Konigsberg isn't bad at its tier.  Very squishy and easily detonated from the rear, all 3 of them.  Use caution. 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,021 posts
46,910 battles
3 hours ago, CrypticTaco said:

i did have half a mind to contact wargaming over it but we all know how that would go down.... 

Well. You could ask a NA Community Manager. Just ask nicely. You just never know. Anything is possible.  Except Tyranny, that got the stop sign. E Pluribus Unum.

There is an old country saying: "You can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar."

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
21 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Well. You could ask a NA Community Manager. Just ask nicely. You just never know. Anything is possible.  Except Tyranny, that got the stop sign. E Pluribus Unum.

There is an old country saying: "You can catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar."

i have sent a ticket in and will keep an eye on the news stuff to see if anything changes

[B-Z]
Members
256 posts
24,988 battles
5 hours ago, CrypticTaco said:

... i thought i could buy a georgia for 25% off....

..... myself i will still be buying a georgia .....

And people wonder why they are ignored by WG

[EDF]
Members
69 posts
1,392 battles
1 minute ago, John_Crace said:

And people wonder why they are ignored by WG

with coal and i ment by 10.0.1 if i have to lol

[T_DH]
Members
11 posts
10,059 battles

I'm not down on the people that can afford ships. My issue is that in a lot of events you need this or that ship and the way things are now days a lot of us don't have that extra $$ to spend on games and the amount of coal or steel needed is way beyond what I can get with the limited playing time I have at the moment add on the fact that the ships in the armory is very limited (most not being that special anyway). Just frustrating trying to improve and being hampered so strongly by needing ships for events and cost of ships, coupons not a big help.

• Boring 1

[TSF]
Members
601 posts
15,816 battles
On 1/8/2021 at 11:45 AM, Versili said:

Nice. It's a bit like asking your favorite celebrity for an autograph, and they go the extra mile and kick you in the balls instead. 

• Haha 1

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
359 posts
5,482 battles

Hurting on cash...spends money on a free to play game.  Makes sense

Members
145 posts
13,530 battles

well buddy, it's your job to be aware of the expiration date of anything. Can't blame that on WG. The expiration date is clearly labeled on the coupon.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,474 posts
5 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Nice. It's a bit like asking your favorite celebrity for an autograph, and they go the extra mile and kick you in the balls instead. 

And you keep taking the kicks cause you don't know any better.

Better yet, you got the autograph although it was from some bum off the street signing the celebrities name on your forehead.

Bwhahahaha.

WG you so silly.:cap_fainting:

Sign in to follow this