You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lallave

Scharnhorst ship XP

20 comments in this topic

[_JAG_]
Members
102 posts
7,250 battles

I received this premium ship one day, as a freebie with no time limit. It just showed up one day as a gift from WOW, I presume. Well, I had never played a BB, even a light one like this one, so I gave it a try and I just love it. In fact because of the S I am now a bronze level 7 player. But after a couple of months I now have 220K ship XP accumulated. What do I do with this? Scharnhorst isn't even on the Germany tech tree so I can't upgrade to a bigger ship. In short I don't know what to do with this wealth. I would love to use it to purchase some captain skills but wow doesn't accept ship XP for this as far as I can tell. Help me spend this ship XP someone who likes the Scharnhorst. 

• Cool 1

[RAGE]
Members
2,018 posts
9,568 battles

XP generated on premium ships is only useful for converting to free XP using doubloons.  Which IMO is a huge waste even when they boost the amount of fxp.  

• Cool 5

[SCOM]
Members
307 posts
10,368 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

XP generated on premium ships is only useful for converting to free XP using doubloons.  Which IMO is a huge waste even when they boost the amount of fxp.  

Yep, premium ships are best used for earning Captain EXP.  Especially if you throw 19 pointers into them.

Otherwise just enjoy their "uniqueness".

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Premium ships are best used for fun and to train captains.

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,152 battles
6 minutes ago, lallave said:

Help me spend this ship XP someone who likes the Scharnhorst. 

Premium ships XP can only be converted to Free XP at a cost of 1 doubloon for 25 Free XP. That Free XP can be used to research other Tech Tree ships. Unless you spend real money on doubloons to do this you will accumulate millions of ship XP. The more Premium ships you use the quicker it adds up.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,540 posts
18,542 battles

Wait on special event so that the conversion rate is 1:35 instead of the normal 1:25

:Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

Members
194 posts
265 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Why so negative?

@lallave, if you have plenty of real money to spare you can buy dubloons from the premium store, which you can use to convert your ship XP to Free XP. If you don't have plenty of money to spare, better spend what you have on food, clothes, shelter... you know, important stuff.

[TSG4]
3,540 posts
18,542 battles

If you want to buy dub, and you are not in a hurry, wait until you get a discount from Premium Shop with 300% in return value; you will get an email send to you to notify you about the discount

So for example: you spend $100 to buy dub, and it equal to 10000 in dub, you will get 30000 dubs, BUT, the offer only last 3 days so there is time limit attach

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,152 battles
30 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

spend $100 to buy dub, and it equal to 10000 in dub, you will get

100 bucks is 25k doubloons so one should get 75k total

Even 75k doubloons isn't going to make much of a dent in MILLIONS of excess ship experience.

One must remember Elite status and tier 10 ships also contribute to excess ship XP rather quickly.

Edited by Mudd_H_F__XX

[TSG4]
3,540 posts
18,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

100 bucks is 25k doubloons so one should get 75k total

So for example: you spend $100 to buy dub, and it equal to 10000 in dub, you will get 30000 dubs, BUT, the offer only last 3 days so there is time limit attach

I used it for as an example. Not actual conversion for easy calculation

But thanks,

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,152 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I used it for as an example.

Yea I know but something like this for a newish player needs to  be exact. A low ball example might cause them to slam the wallet closed.

The best deal in the shop was taken away. 12500 doubloons plus 30 days premium time for $47.99. I bought plenty of those.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,521 posts
12,365 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If you want to buy dub, and you are not in a hurry, wait until you get a discount from Premium Shop with 300% in return value; you will get an email send to you to notify you about the discount

I've been waiting two+ years now for that coupon.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
4,126 posts

I think that coupon is mythical. Im up to 5 million unconverted and gaining on another million unconverted and working on another million FXP. Its going to be about 800 dollars-1000 dollars to covert all that. I need a few drinks first.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,112 posts
15,374 battles
9 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I think that coupon is mythical. Im up to 5 million unconverted and gaining on another million unconverted and working on another million FXP. Its going to be about 800 dollars-1000 dollars to covert all that. I need a few drinks first.

Someone got a bayonet at your back making you convert XP?

[KAG]
Members
509 posts
25,037 battles
1 hour ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I used it for as an example. Not actual conversion for easy calculation

But thanks,

44 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I've been waiting two+ years now for that coupon.

The ONLY time you get that coupon is if you have NEVER spent a dime on the game. The moment you spend your first cent, you never get that coupon. The other best coupon is the player anniversary coupon which is 30% discount. You get this on your anniversary of joining the game.

[TSG4]
3,540 posts
18,542 battles
3 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

you never get that coupon

:Smile_facepalm:

I had been spending every year for 5 yrs

I got the coupon every year :Smile_playing: but I don't use it for this year

So it must be something we cant see or understanding

[KAG]
Members
509 posts
25,037 battles

Not doubting you, but can you please recheck and if possible post a screenshot if you received it as an email? I have my main account and an alt account. I didn't spend anything on my alt for over a year (till this black friday) and got the 300% cashback coupon at least 6 times. Now that I did, it hasn't come again and I'm confident it won't. I NEVER got it on my account in 3 years because I bought an Atlanta pretty fast. If you can provide screenshot, it will really help. Might enquire if it is something only Moderators/CC/ST get even after spending money. I do get the 30% discount coupon every year on my main and my alt accounts.

@ObiphanKenobi

Edited by OnociTsalk

[TSG4]
3,540 posts
18,542 battles
5 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

it will really help.

Cant find it, sorry!

Next time, you can keep an eye in-game pop up, and Premium Shop Notification, let you know when you receive coupon to spend.

[KAG]
Members
509 posts
25,037 battles
15 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Cant find it, sorry!

Next time, you can keep an eye in-game pop up, and Premium Shop Notification, let you know when you receive coupon to spend.

This is the email. Search by "world of warships","coupon" and you will find it. I'm pretty confident WG does not give players this coupon after you have already spent on the game your first time. Can you at least tell me thi: Did you use that coupon more than once on your account? 

image.png

[RLGN]
Members
16,864 posts
29,558 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Last time I checked (a year or more ago?) I had something like 18mil and change of unconverted ship xp. I’ve heard of players with more.

Don’t even want to think about how much real money for doubloons it would take to convert that...

...never mind whatever the cost would be for my total now.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet