You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TiTanSEEEED

IFHE & Demolition expert

8 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
37 battles

I am wondering about combine ifhe and demolition expert. For CA's 203mm gun, if i choose both skills, the fire chance is increased by 1% or 2%

I am also questioning if Hindenburg should choose ifhe since there are a lot kremlin's and yamato's in tier X game.

Thank you 

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,092 battles
8 minutes ago, TiTanSEEEED said:

I am wondering about combine ifhe and demolition expert. For CA's 203mm gun, if i choose both skills, the fire chance is increased by 1% or 2%

I am also questioning if Hindenburg should choose ifhe since there are a lot kremlin's and yamato's in tier X game.

Thank you 

If I recall correctly general rule I follow is IFHE only on guns 152 mm or lower if its not German, think there was also a recent buff on the higher tier British dds that made it optional for them also. Because of the 50% cut in fire chance DE becomes mandatory once you chose IFHE.

On a Hindy, I would definitely say no, setting fires at range are your bread and butter with German CAs. 

You might find better answers on the thread below:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/118142-using-ifhe-on-des-moines-and-hindenburg/

[VORTX]
Members
710 posts
9,055 battles

I don’t use ifhe on my hindy. Not uncommon to hit 6k he salvos even on Yamato’s. I do use demo expert. Lots of fires. Hindy can be a monster against a single bb or two at range. AP can be awesome in a pinch when it’s a closer broadside. 

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles
25 minutes ago, TiTanSEEEED said:

Thank you 

In general you should pick one or the other.  IFHE reduces your fire chance by half, and DE won't make up the difference. 

German cruisers have increased penetration already, so it won't pay to put IFHE on Hindenberg. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,585 posts
4,774 battles
40 minutes ago, TiTanSEEEED said:

IFHE on CA guns (203mm or thereabouts) accomplishes nothing.  Yes, if you have the points, DE is often paired with IFHE.

Read LWM's article

Edited by iDuckman

Members
406 posts
26 battles

Full details here: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

But essentially IFHE halves the base fire chance, then bonuses from DE and signals are applied.

So if base fire chance is 14% then it becomes 7% with IFHE, then 9% if you add DE.

My understanding is that IFHE isn't useful enough for 203mm guns, esp. not German ones but if you're genuinely fighting that many well armoured tier 10 BBs you could give it a go. I'd probably rely upon the fire.

LWM has a guide for suggested use of new IFHE.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,781 posts
24,954 battles

Don't use IFHE on 203mm guns!

German HE pens 51mm of armor and against Yamato  you can pen everything but the turrets/barbette, main deck (57mm), and citadel armor plating.

Even non-German  203mm guns pen 34mm which only adds a portion of the fore and aft end decking (50mm) to what 203's can't pen.

IFHE reduces the 15% fire chance of German 203's to 8% and you only get 2% back with DE.

Likewise, IJN 203's have a 19% fire chance which loses 9% before DE.

Just not worth it on 203's.

Edited by Khafni

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,147 posts
26,918 battles

Here is a Fitting Tool Link with a quick Hindenburg build including both IFHE + DE.

The HE Pen skyrockets from 51mm -> 63mm but the Fire Chance even with DE drops to a paltry 8.5%.

I've never known anyone to use IFHE for 203mm+ Cruiser Guns.  The Fire Chance Penalty is too severe because it's % based now and not a small flat penalty like it used to be before.  Henri IV has 240mm guns and people took IFHE + DE on her "back in the day," but I'm not so sure now.  The Fire Chance Penalty on revamped IFHE is severe for her.

You can try it, but I wouldn't.