You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bullitt5575

I'm out

36 comments in this topic

[TNADO]
Beta Testers
4 posts
16,277 battles

I think the changes to ca armor has hurt the game to much. If you sail broadside you should be punished hard. Now tho most of the time all you get is over pins. The main reason I'm truely out tho is the new player base. Hiding in the back not going after the win.  To scared to go after the win by capping or just tring to bulling the other side. They just stay at max range and pray that the other ship doesn't slow or turn. To me that isn't what i want from this game. I want to get in a fight over a cap like it was back when it just came out of bata. Yes even the cv changes sucked but i understand going away from the rts style (which I loved) but atleast a cv ran out of plans if the player wasn't careful. Best of luck to all that like where wargaming is going with this game. 

• Cool 12
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 7

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
42 minutes ago, bullitt5575 said:

but atleast a cv ran out of plans if the player wasn't careful

They still do if the CV player uses them recklessly. It doesn't take long to deplete the squadrons faster that the regeneration can keep up.

As many have said don't let the door .....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 6

Members
4,552 posts

The new player base and the way they play, its why I dislike playing random now.  Sorry, but it does suck. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,901 battles

If you're out than I'll have to be in but I don't want to be in so you need to stay put!

[SALVO]
Members
26,206 posts
29,793 battles
9 hours ago, Wowzery said:

The new player base and the way they play, its why I dislike playing random now.  Sorry, but it does suck. 

There's nothing new about how the current new player base plays compared to past years.  The current new players are just as timid as past new players.  And getting all  butt hurt about it is a waste of time.  Oh, if one wants to complain about new players being timid, that's fine as long as one also recognizes that this isn't anything new.

EDIT: I don't know why I'm getting these downvotes.  This is just the way it is.  New players were time when the game  went live.  They were timid 2 years ago.  And new players today are timid.  It may be frustrating that they're this way, but it's hardly a crime or an insult to the new players that they're timid.  I think that part of it is a lack of confidence in their current level of in-game skills.   In time, some of those newer, timid players were become less timid, and some won't.  There are some timid players who likely have been timid for as long as they've played the game, for whatever reason.  Either way, don't shoot me.  I'm only the messenger.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

Members
4,552 posts
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There's nothing new about how the current new player base plays compared to past years.  The current new players are just as timid as past new players.  And getting all  butt hurt about it is a waste of time.  Oh, if one wants to complain about new players being timid, that's fine as long as one also recognizes that this isn't anything new.

Its why I rarely play random anymore, and been that way for over a year now, more like a year and a half.  Just seems like people are fine with this timid play and justify it.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,788 posts
12,721 battles

The epicenter is the map that shows this all too well.

• Cool 1

[SCRUM]
Members
114 posts
8,007 battles

There seems to be an ebb and flow regarding how teammates  play.  About the time I get used to playing with chickens, roosters show up and leave me hanging in the back.  It changes from week to week.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,930 posts
12,944 battles

Did I miss changes to CA armor? What changed?

Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,134 battles

You know, this isn't an Airport...you don't need to announce your departure... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[A-I-M]
Members
4,012 posts
15,138 battles
9 hours ago, bullitt5575 said:

I think the changes to ca armor has hurt the game to much. If you sail broadside you should be punished hard. Now tho most of the time all you get is over pins. The main reason I'm truely out tho is the new player base. Hiding in the back not going after the win.  To scared to go after the win by capping or just tring to bulling the other side. They just stay at max range and pray that the other ship doesn't slow or turn. To me that isn't what i want from this game. I want to get in a fight over a cap like it was back when it just came out of bata. Yes even the cv changes sucked but i understand going away from the rts style (which I loved) but atleast a cv ran out of plans if the player wasn't careful. Best of luck to all that like where wargaming is going with this game. 

You have to be a lot tougher.

I mean, if I were to say “I’m out!” of the forums because I’m tired of people who can’t spell, punctuate, or write, I would be out, well...now!

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,094 posts
8,584 battles

Can we really blame the new player base if new ships are designed for sniping? 

• Thanks 2

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
1,069 posts
10,714 battles
17 hours ago, bullitt5575 said:

Nothing about the player base has changed from day one. There are some that are too scared to get pixel paint scratched, then those that will sail right in and brawl followed by every style in-between.

Can't compare to back in the beta days (I was there also) we were all testing the game and were limited with ships and styles of play. We pushed the limits of what we knew and how to play and beta was more aggressive.

You get lucky to have good team and unlucky with the bad ones. It will never change cause too many thousands of captains have their own play style.

[FML]
Members
4,160 posts
16,112 battles
21 hours ago, bullitt5575 said:

The main reason I'm truely out tho is the new player base. Hiding in the back not going after the win.  To scared to go after the win by capping or just tring to bulling the other side. They just stay at max range and pray that the other ship doesn't slow or turn.

The teams are exactly the same as before.  Even in beta, and the early release of the game, many players were complaining about campers in the back and damage farming.  A cursory look through this forum's history will demonstrate this. 

The only difference: we are now good enough to recognise what we are doing, and understand that camping at the back is wrong and bad.  All that has changed is us - the rest of the playerbase is the same as it always was. 

Sorry to break it to you on your way out.  

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
520 posts
8,447 battles
19 hours ago, Crucis said:

EDIT: I don't know why I'm getting these downvotes.  

Because they disagree and are too timid to actually say so.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,213 posts
23,335 battles

EDIT: I don't know why I'm getting these downvotes.  This is just the way it is.  New players were time when the game  went live.  They were timid 2 years ago.  And new players today are timid.  It may be frustrating that they're this way, but it's hardly a crime or an insult to the new players that they're timid.  I think that part of it is a lack of confidence in their current level of in-game skills.   In time, some of those newer, timid players were become less timid, and some won't.  There are some timid players who likely have been timid for as long as they've played the game, for whatever reason.  Either way, don't shoot me.  I'm only the messenger.

I think you are getting the down votes because you missed the point......  The OP  and new players weren't here "several years ago...."   The OP and other came in after and are now facing what you did, say three years ago..........  Caught the last of the RTS and the "glory days" and are now in the gimmick laden era of remorse..........and, soon, purgatory.   I don't see an up side to where we are either.

You "message" may seem generic and timely; but remember, the OP and other may be a lot younger and from a different cultural generation...........perspectives are NOT the same.

I'm not sure.

21 hours ago, bullitt5575 said:

Do what a great many of us did:  reject Randoms and Ranked and play PVE only.   They game is imploding and our host is making changes without seeming regard to what some players want and consider "balanced...."   I have found even playing PVE only "a routine exercise" versus a serious task and even it, is wearing very thin with our host wanting PVE gone.........  So, try COOP and "just play for fun."   To me now, this is a F2P and is treated as such........   I wouldn't quit: you invested into this game and retiring, allows you to play every once in a while and not lose what you invested........ As the saying went:  "Try it, you'll like it !....."

• Cool 1

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
6,833 battles

Some players are timid. They are simply too stupid.

What is the point of hiding a full HP BB behind an island, afraid of fighting when he is losing a battle which he can win by simply fighting? What is the point of parking a Bismarck bow in behind everyone, staying in that position until you die and be proud to have stealed two kills?

No. They are not timid.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles
1 hour ago, WarStore said:

What is the point of hiding a full HP BB behind an island, afraid of fighting when he is losing a battle which he can win by simply fighting? What is the point of parking a Bismarck bow in behind everyone, staying in that position until you die and be proud to have stealed two kills?

No. They are not timid.

I don't think it's really that people are stupid, but more that they are conditioned and the counter conditioning is hard to acquire.

Mistakes in matches are easily personally catastrophic; that is easy to learn (they definitely condition you) just take your Bismarck forward and get torpedoed. Well that sucked, player conditioned a little bit.

How to avoid such catastrophic mistakes is relatively hard to learn and even harder to consistently employ. I'm guessing the vast majority of players never think "I should go to YouTube or Twitch and figure out how to play". Mostly I expect they just hit the battle button again and employ (and reinforce) the conditioning.

The easiest thing to learn, using your example, is not to be seen at all (which is intuitive at least) and further to not show broadside since dead people will basically shout it at you the whole rest of the match after they have died. Combine that with getting near enemy lines resulting in fire rainbows and walls of skill received and it's easy to see why Bismarck is doing what he's doing. He's new and employing the only tactics that are patently available to him. Latent tactics (positioning, timing, HE v AP, secondaries, etc.) are not very easy to learn. So he sits bow in, parked, in the back, not really knowing what other non-immediately catastrophic possibilities there really are since all the active options so far has consistently made him dead quickly.

There are also other issues that contribute to this particular behavior (new player rush to Bismarck is very common pattern), but I don't, on the whole, believe it's mere stupidity that causes players to behave in the manner they do. It's actually hard for a casual player (and most players seem to be casual) to acquire the tactics and techniques that a WarStore has.

All that to say that there ought to be a training program of some sort but I don't know how you'd go about enforcing that.

• Cool 3

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,788 posts
12,721 battles

The farming of damage in the back is to inflate that PR rating.   I have a Thunderer as most do now.  I feel so Cheesy playing that thing.  100k dmg every match is crazy.  It's a boat that can do it consistently.   I must suck in it lol.

[NONE]
Members
3,821 posts
11,580 battles
4 hours ago, WarStore said:

No. They are not timid.

What's endlessly entertaining is when some Random mains come to Co-op to do missions and wind up with maybe 2K damage because they only got one salvo off before the red bots are all dead. :Smile_teethhappy:

[MIBRA]
Banned
1,424 posts
6,833 battles
16 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

What's endlessly entertaining is when some Random mains come to Co-op to do missions and wind up with maybe 2K damage because they only got one salvo off before the red bots are all dead. :Smile_teethhappy:

Or the opposite. When coop mains come to random and suicide in the beginning of the match.

• Cool 1