Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wanturskul

Fun times in Fletcher

4 comments in this topic

[SCOM]
Members
307 posts
10,368 battles

I had a funny game in my Fletcher last night.  It was a 3 DD per team match and the reds had a division of 2 Kitakazes.  As it never seems to fail, MM dropped the division of DDs on my flank to deal with.  I pushed into the cap early, knowing I could out spot the enemy DDs.  Up pops the Kita division, the first pops his smoke and the second just spots me. I open fire turning away and let loose some torps, dropping my own smoke to get away.  They proceeded to sit in the smoke firing at my CA support.  My torps run true and bam, one Kitakaze dead.  A few minutes go by and I finish capping and I see the second Kita sitting farther out in smoke firing at my CA again.  Launch the fish and wait.  Bam, dev strike and the second Kita dead.  Awesome!!  Match ends a bit later and we win the match.  Go back to port and notified of the double report against me.:Smile_teethhappy:

The greatest irony of the reports by the Kitas, is they are in a clan together. The name of the clan I will not share, but is how they both met their fate while sitting in smoke.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
25 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

I open fire turning away and let loose some torps, dropping my own smoke to get away.  They proceeded to sit in the smoke firing at my CA support.  My torps run true and bam, one Kitakaze dead.  A few minutes go by and I finish capping and I see the second Kita sitting farther out in smoke firing at my CA again.  Launch the fish and wait.  Bam, dev strike and the second Kita dead.  Awesome!!

I can go one better than that.

Me in Skane, enemy Akizuki harassing me hardcore. I drop torps on the smoke-firing Akizuki and connect. Now he survives, of course, because there's not a Swedish torpedo in the game that can one-hit kill a full-health Akizuki without detonating it. So he gets to limp away, unhealthier but hopefully the wiser.

Except he wasn't, because later on in the same battle he smoke-fired AGAIN and I torped him in smoke AGAIN, and this time he didn't have enough health to survive.

Torped twice in his own smoke in the same battle. I wish I'd started recording my own battles a lot earlier - that would have been a real gem to stick up on YouTube.

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,588 posts
16,305 battles
1 hour ago, Wanturskul said:

Go back to port and notified of the double report against me.:Smile_teethhappy:

You have just pointed out the complete absurdity of the karma system.  Congratulations on some smart play and your resulting "recognition" by the opposing players.  

[SCOM]
Members
307 posts
10,368 battles
17 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

You have just pointed out the complete absurdity of the karma system.  Congratulations on some smart play and your resulting "recognition" by the opposing players.  

Yeah, the karma system is pretty pointless.  The least WG could do is let you know what you were reported for or praised for, they don't have to say who it was.  That way you could reflect on your actions in battle.  The system is too passive, not to mention they only give you the reported popup if you are reported twice or more in one match which was how I knew it was the Kitakazes reporting me.

I only play solo and rarely type in chat, so I can usually determine why my karma changes after a match.  Just the day before I had a 4 compliment game in the Fletcher after after bringing our team back from the brink of defeat with a Kraken and just missing the Solo Warrior.  It was probably the most I ever got from one match. 

Sign in to follow this