You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Campaigns Tips to get through them Faster

7 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
771 posts
19,853 battles

For most of you this is all old news, but for newer captains, these few tips should help get through campaigns quicker.

Things like being able to repeat Tasks & Dropping permanent campaign tasks when temporary campaigns arrive.

A fairly quick and short list of suggestions to help get through Campaigns that have helped me over the years.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,589 posts
12,112 battles

Haven't seen the video, but posts like these are always helpful for the new and the old players.

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,879 posts
13,124 battles

Also, it helps to read.  I didn't realize the first new campaign should be done first unless you bought the ship outright.  Finished the first chain on the second only not able to do the final task.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
771 posts
19,853 battles
21 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Also, it helps to read.  I didn't realize the first new campaign should be done first unless you bought the ship outright.  Finished the first chain on the second only not able to do the final task.

Exactly.  This update is fairly unique with 2 temporary campaigns & with both only lasting 30 days.  The Strasburg is required to progress in the Ships & Fates campaign.  

For others who have not examined the 2 campaigns closely, 

The Strasbourg campaign unlocking 1 mission tree each week means the last stage must be completed quickly as possible to have the best chance to finish the 6 Missions in the Ships and fates campaign. There is a very short window to be able to do this. Just 8 or 9 days to finish the last Strasbourg Mission and then move on to Ships & Fates.  Fortunately, Ships and fates are fairly straight forward Tasks, but this will require some decent focus the last week to get them all. 

So, as we complete each weekly Mission stage of the Strasbourg campaign,  use that time before the next Strasbourg Mission unlocks to select and earn the stars in the 1st mission of the ships and fates campaign to get yourself to the final task of the first Mission stage - Earning all of those stars early means once we earn the Strasbourg, Then in Ships & Fates Mission 1, all we have to do is select the the final task and play 1 Strasbourg battle to earn that first reward and get into the second mission in Ships & Fates. 

Edited by Karandar

[ARGSY]
Members
25,722 posts
19,815 battles

One observation I made before I took on premium time 24/7/365 is that if I took on three tasks when I had premium time (e.g. won from a crate), the third task would remain selected and completable even after the premium time expired.

With over a year of premium time remaining, I naturally am not capable of checking whether this is still the case.

Thanks for doing this excellent guide. I don't need it, but new players will benefit immensely.

Your advice to look at matching tasks in campaigns to tasks in other ongoing events is particularly relevant. Both the Hizen Dockyard and some of the elements of the Pursuit of Strasbourg campaign are ship type-related.

All of these things are a very good reason to have at least one BB, one cruiser and one destroyer line at least to Tier 5 in order to have a pathway to completion. Having a carrier at Tier 6 or better is also advisable if at all possible - even if it's just to farm spotting ribbons in co-op. 

Less relevant to campaigns and more to directives is that sometimes a directive task will offer a mission for a particular ship type with a shortcut for specific nations (e.g. get 38 million potential damage in cruisers OR 50 citadels in British and Russian cruisers), which encourages an even broader scope - EVERY line in EVERY nation at least to Tier 5. A long term goal, but one worth working towards.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Supertester
771 posts
19,853 battles
23 hours ago, Nickhasarrived said:

Thanks for sharing this, going to show this to new members of my clans.

You're Welcome & Much appreciated!

I know I would have loved this information when I first started playing Warships

21 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

One observation I made before I took on premium time 24/7/365 is that if I took on three tasks when I had premium time (e.g. won from a crate), the third task would remain selected and completable even after the premium time expired.

With over a year of premium time remaining, I naturally am not capable of checking whether this is still the case.

Thanks for doing this excellent guide. I don't need it, but new players will benefit immensely.

Your advice to look at matching tasks in campaigns to tasks in other ongoing events is particularly relevant. Both the Hizen Dockyard and some of the elements of the Pursuit of Strasbourg campaign are ship type-related.

All of these things are a very good reason to have at least one BB, one cruiser and one destroyer line at least to Tier 5 in order to have a pathway to completion. Having a carrier at Tier 6 or better is also advisable if at all possible - even if it's just to farm spotting ribbons in co-op. 

Less relevant to campaigns and more to directives is that sometimes a directive task will offer a mission for a particular ship type with a shortcut for specific nations (e.g. get 38 million potential damage in cruisers OR 50 citadels in British and Russian cruisers), which encourages an even broader scope - EVERY line in EVERY nation at least to Tier 5. A long term goal, but one worth working towards.

Regarding  your observation of having Premium time running out while having a 3rd task selected.  I used one of my 24 Hr Premium time crates to test  this on my EU Account & it  is indeed the case that the 3rd task remains until completed.

*** Note that you will not be able to select a different 3rd task after your Premium time has run out - The moment you cancel or complete the 3rd task while not having premium account you go back to having only 2 tasks you may work on again. A +1 to WG for allowing  us to complete the chosen task even after Premium time runs out. 

So a person could indeed use just a single 24 hr WG container, and if it takes more than 24 hrs to complete that task, while saving & using another 24 hr container to repeat and lock in a 3rd campaign task. maximizing the benefit of limited Premium account some captains get.

Nice observation @Ensign_Cthulhu