Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

Add a Hall of Fame to the Armory

9 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,909 posts
9,432 battles

Over the years we’ve seen several ships removed from the game for various reasons. Players that discover the game after these ships are removed will never have a practical chance of adding these ships to their ports outside of loot box gambling, or getting extremely lucky with a super container. In order give folks a reasonable chance at these retired ships, I suggest that a “Hall of Fame” section be added to the Armory.

This would be a coupon-less section where famous/infamous ships like Missouri, Musashi, and Kamikaze would be available for a significant investment in Coal. Tier IXs would probably be at least 300k-350k, tier Xs between 375-450k, and lower tier ships proportionately lower (though no lower than 100-150k, I’d think). As Coal is one of the game’s resources that cannot be purchased outright, players would be incentivized to play out their daily crates, missions, and to participate in the game’s ranked/clan battle seasons to acquire Steel for conversion.

Getting these ships would require work (in some cases quite a bit of it), so it wouldn’t flood the matchmaker with Smolensks and Belfasts, but it would give players that truly want one of those ships have the ability to work towards them. It would also put important historical vessels like USS Enterprise and USS Missouri back on the menu, so to speak. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts

You know the argument, right? "If they are so special that we allow you to obtain them in this manner they will no longer be special." 

And they would also find some way of jacking things around that it would be hardly achievable, due to requirements and/or other missions/campaigns. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[D-DAY]
Members
7,163 posts

Will not work because: Greed!

Some of those that have the ships will not want others having them and WG are not going to throw away all the players that throw money at trying to obtain them - it is just not even a starter in my books, WG would need to be thinking full on happy thoughts and love for the community - that aint happening. :Smile_honoring:

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Over the years we’ve seen several ships removed from the game for various reasons. Players that discover the game after these ships are removed will never have a practical chance of adding these ships to their ports outside of loot box gambling, or getting extremely lucky with a super container. In order give folks a reasonable chance at these retired ships, I suggest that a “Hall of Fame” section be added to the Armory.

This would be a coupon-less section where famous/infamous ships like Missouri, Musashi, and Kamikaze would be available for a significant investment in Coal. Tier IXs would probably be at least 300k-350k, tier Xs between 375-450k, and lower tier ships proportionately lower (though no lower than 100-150k, I’d think). As Coal is one of the game’s resources that cannot be purchased outright, players would be incentivized to play out their daily crates, missions, and to participate in the game’s ranked/clan battle seasons to acquire Steel for conversion.

Getting these ships would require work (in some cases quite a bit of it), so it wouldn’t flood the matchmaker with Smolensks and Belfasts, but it would give players that truly want one of those ships have the ability to work towards them. It would also put important historical vessels like USS Enterprise and USS Missouri back on the menu, so to speak. 

I like the concept of the idea, as like you, I've always felt kind of bad for newer players who have missed out on and will never have a chance to access certain content.  Same reason I'm a fan of the suggestion that @Edgecase had awhile back about re-introducing events for older tech tree lines to help incetivize new players to try them, or give rewards to players who revisit them again.

As for your idea, I think the price point for coal would have to be a bit higher, just to keep these ships limited to the necessary levels.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,457 posts
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Basically.... its nothing to do with coal, they were removed for what they say are valud reasons and I'm not here to argue the points of that.

Its not that they want you to pay a fortune for them so no matter the amount of coal,.,.,., or money... they ain't coming back... till they say otherwise.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles

Why can’t ships that go just go .There’s always new ships coming like the Smaland that the new players should be picking up right now . It’s a collectible it’s been around less than a year and it’s going . if your smart you get it now along with the Massachusetts and the JB .
The longer your around the more collectibles or rare ships you have . If WG wants to make them available from time to time that’s cool I’m all for that . But if the ship is being sold for just more coal , steel or whatever under a hall of fame banner all the time . Well I’m afraid people will just keep buying them .

Look at the Smaland a million more FXP then any other ship and people still used it and are still using it to get her .

Edited by clammboy

[CO-OP]
Members
3,928 posts
31,870 battles
27 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Why can’t ships that go just go .There’s always new ships coming like the Holland that the new players should be picking up right now . It’s a collectible it’s been around less than a year and it’s going . if your smart you get it now along with the Massachusetts and the JB .
The longer your around the more collectibles or rare ships you have . If WG wants to make them available from time to time that’s cool I’m all for that . But if the ship is being sold for just more coal , steel or whatever under a hall of fame banner all the time . Well I’m afraid people will just keep buying them .

Look at the Holland a million more FXP then any other ship and people still used it and are still using it to get her .

I think you mean Småland not Halland, but the point is valid.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,567 posts
13,017 battles
11 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I think you mean Småland not Halland, but the point is valid.

Hey thanks I fixed that .

[WOLFG]
Members
13,418 posts
12,847 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

As for your idea, I think the price point for coal would have to be a bit higher, just to keep these ships limited to the necessary levels.

I would agree.  I just got the Thunderer with coupon and have 375K coal in stock.  I normally buy only one coal ship every 6 months, but I would splurge for something like a Musashi or Kami R.

Sign in to follow this