You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Strasbourg 100,000 FREE XP - How?

89 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts

I looked at the mission requirement a few times. Yup, it says Free XP. 

So how will you (or did you) grind your 100K? I don't have long days - I still work. :cap_haloween:

[WOLFG]
Members
268 posts
4,569 battles

I didn't do that mission but I know from experience that if you stack every xp boosting signal on top of premium time and a decent camo, you can actually do it fairly quickly. I think the last time I did the calculations if you average a minimum of 1200 BXP, you could get it done in less than 12 games.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
664 posts
18,183 battles

There are other missions you can do.

• Cool 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So how will you (or did you) grind your 100K? I don't have long days - I still work. :cap_haloween:

Phil Swift - Imgflip

[SIMP]
Members
1,702 posts

Yeah, that requirement is insane - especially for coop mains.

Best to ignore it and just repeat the other missions to get the stars.

• Cool 3

[FOXY]
Members
3,226 posts
8,096 battles
9 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I didn't do that mission but I know from experience that if you stack every xp boosting signal on top of premium time and a decent camo, you can actually do it fairly quickly. I think the last time I did the calculations if you average a minimum of 1200 BXP, you could get it done in less than 12 games.

Ye..i did it in COOP today. Been stacking all my boosts to try and get the Smalland.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

if you stack every XP flag, a good XP camo, and play decent, you can get 100,000 FXP in 20-25 games in co-op.

I did the 480k DD mission once, the fire/citadel mission once, and the win 5 battles one star mission over and over in co-op.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,388 posts
12,784 battles

I just ignored that one.  3 fires/cits, and 6 5 wins.

I'll finish the 480k damage while doing the torpedo hit mission for Hizen.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,913 posts
31,718 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

if you stack every XP flag, a good XP camo, and play decent, you can get 100,000 FXP in 20-25 games in co-op.

I did the 480k DD mission once, the fire/citadel mission once, and the win 5 battles one star mission over and over in co-op.

Possibly less than 20, if you have Strasbourg with the 200% bonus.

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
Just now, HamptonRoads said:

Possibly less than 20, if you have Strasbourg with the 200% bonus.

True, but I think these questions about the missions are about getting Strasbourg for free.

[PVE]
Members
14,695 posts
31,240 battles
24 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I did the entire week 3 of Strasbourg in a total of 28 games.

• Regular tasks = 19 games
  • Final task = 9 games

I did the following tasks...

• Task 1: 5 Wins (1 Star) - 3X
  • Task 2: 100K FXP (3 Stars) - 1X
  • Task 4: 45 Fires/Citadels in a BB (2 Stars) - 3X 

Stack XP and FXP boosting flags + FXP boosting camo + run as many T8 and T9 Premiums as you can (best rewards) taking advantage of the +50% 1st win bonus. I did the FXP part in Co-op in like 16 or 17 games (finished it a few before the last task for the final stars).

stage 3.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,780 posts
24,954 battles
30 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I loaded up Perth with flags and 6 battles later, in the Aegis operation, I was done. 

Can't get far in this week's operation but tomorrow should be the start of killer whale. Decent returns there.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,347 posts
14,868 battles
40 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

By repeating the wins one over and over in co-op. :cap_book: (with a couple repeats of the DD task and one completion of the cruiser task)

Unlocked the final task toward the beginning of my grind today, and picked up the 100k fxp one at the same time. If I complete it through co-op, ops, and random play before the next stage opens, great. But the reward for it is just some credits (which I don’t need), and I’m not going for 100% completion of the campaign anyway (not doing any of the cv tasks, and even though I’ll have Hizen once next week’s directives open I’m not even going to bother trying to get all of the Hizen tasks done for either one).

If I was really going to try and complete it, I’d fully flag/camo up some of my best performing ships and run them through Narai with hoperations (and finish up some of my remaining t7 grinds in the process, which I’d be working on anyway). If you already have Strasbourg, you could flag that up for Narai to take advantage of the 200% mission. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[FORM]
Members
2,429 posts
13,634 battles
43 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I looked at the mission requirement a few times. Yup, it says Free XP.  So how will you (or did you) grind your 100K? I don't have long days - I still work. :cap_haloween:

Camo and flags. 

[WOLF5]
Members
100 posts
4,590 battles

I'm wondering if that Alaska mission from Black Friday that gives 100k Free XP can be used to finish this task...

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,305 battles

Just stack your Camos, Flags & first win bonuses and you can relatively easily get 15k free xp per game in randoms (will be harder in co-op of course, but you could do some scenarios instead).

[UNHLY]
Members
5,347 posts
14,868 battles
1 minute ago, KamiYanTouma said:

I'm wondering if that Alaska mission from Black Friday that gives 100k Free XP can be used to finish this task...

I don’t think so, since the BF mission rewards are awarded in port rather than in the post battle results screen (at least I’m assuming they are). 

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles
52 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So how will you (or did you) grind your 100K?

Random mode, camo with high XP and Free XP modifiers, WoWS premium account, Equal Speed Charlie London signal, Papa signal, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Leviathan, and Hydra.  Add more special signals for even more XP.

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

5 to 10  pvp battles assuming 1st win of the day, papa flag, 200% freexp camo, any other spare free xp flags

It isn't hard, as long as we are not talking about base freexp..

in Coop, 50-100 battles. (not excessively hard, either)

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,145 posts
26,918 battles

100k FreeXP?

For PVE that's a grueling amount.  Co-Op rewards sh*t for XPs.  Since FreeXP is a % of that, it's going to be even worse.  Operations?  WG had been a quest over the last year to nerf the hell out of Ops rewards.  So PVE is a no-go.

The only realistic place to get 100k FreeXP in decent time is PVP.  Play a mid or high tier ship you feel best in, load up your best Consumable Camo with pertinent bonus, and stack your Economic and Special Signal Flags.  Remember that XP bonus indirectly increases FreeXP rewards, because it's tied to regular XP.

- Edit:  Forgot to add:  And play well.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
773 posts
11,694 battles

Yeah, mine was creeping up too slow so I just started redoing some of the easier missions. Should have been 50,000 Free Exp.

[VOP]
Members
616 posts
10,615 battles

Re-doing the other tasks is easier, problem solved. I took one look at that and said no way , no time. :Smile_honoring:

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Ye..i did it in COOP today. Been stacking all my boosts to try and get the Smalland.

even if you got a great score by co-op standards, wouldn't you still earn more by playing just a mediocre random match? Seems a waste to use those boosters in co-op

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts

Well I see a number of suggestions relies upon the flags/camos/signals.... I've been burning through those for other missions... 

I do own the Stras already - I want to ensure I get my 9K doubloons back... I agree with the person who said 50K fXP. However, as they say, it is what it is. 

So yea, I'll look at repeating the top 5 mission multiple times and the other mission for 45 fires. I used the Conqueror for the 45 mission, in coop. It was quick and easy. However, I will bring Stras into it. 

Makes sense to use that 200% bonus! 

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!!!:cap_like:

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1